Trump is taxing Americans to death

A tariff is a tax on a foreign country's goods, not the U.S. The crazy angry left might wish that household expenses are going to "skyrocket" but it simply ain't true. The ironic thing is that the crazy incoherent left has been accusing the President of "collusion" while they have become willing (or ignorant) agents of foreign based propaganda.

A Tariff is tax added to the entity who imported the goods not the entity that shipped them.

It raises the price, making that product less competitive against others. The sales go down, and the sweatshop in China goes out of business. Which allows American manufacturing to operate.

Who do you care more about? The Chinese and corporate profits, or American workers making decent wages?

Trump is taxing Americans to death. I hope Americans and Trump supporters realize that tariff is just another word for TAX, paid by Americans collected by their government. Since the Chinese Tariffs Trump is forcing on American importers who will pass the cost down to American consumers as higher prices affects 70 PERCENT OF ALL CONSUMER GOODS then household expenses are going to skyrocket. Now add on Trump's Mexico tariffs and Americans are being taxed to death. With over 40 million Americans already living in poverty (more than the entire population of Canada) I see a disaster in the making. Trump doesn't care though.
Tarriffs are a tax on importers.

Let’s say for example:

You have two Televisions you want to consider buying. A Vizio and a Sony. Both are comparable in every way but the SONY costs $1000 more because of Tarriffs. . Which one will you buy???

I bought the Vizio.
Vizio makes cheap shit. But since the demand for them is higher now that Sony has tariffs, they charge more for their TVs. Econ 101.

These people don't know much of anything about reality or economics.

trump put a tariff on imported steel. So what did American steel companies do?

They raised their price of steel. The price of lumber, drywall and concrete went up too.

US steel prices up 'dramatically' due to Trump tariffs: Fed

Tariffs are a very high tax on the American people that effects products that don't even have tariffs imposed on them.

The bush boy put tariffs on steel when he was president too. We all know what happened to the car industry and the rest of the economy.

The price of everything has gone up a lot in the last year. Some things are now twice what they cost just a year ago. That includes food.

Hey you dumb fuck my links are from this year.

Trump is taxing Americans to death. I hope Americans and Trump supporters realize that tariff is just another word for TAX, paid by Americans collected by their government. Since the Chinese Tariffs Trump is forcing on American importers who will pass the cost down to American consumers as higher prices affects 70 PERCENT OF ALL CONSUMER GOODS then household expenses are going to skyrocket. Now add on Trump's Mexico tariffs and Americans are being taxed to death. With over 40 million Americans already living in poverty (more than the entire population of Canada) I see a disaster in the making. Trump doesn't care though.

Let’s say for example:

You have two Televisions you want to consider buying. A Vizio and a Sony. Both are comparable in every way but the SONY costs $1000 more because of Tarriffs. . Which one will you buy???

I bought the Vizio.
Vizio makes cheap shit. But since the demand for them is higher now that Sony has tariffs, they charge more for their TVs. Econ 101.

They raised their price of steel. The price of lumber, drywall and concrete went up too.

Tariffs are a very high tax on the American people that effects products that don't even have tariffs imposed on them.

The bush boy put tariffs on steel when he was president too. We all know what happened to the car industry and the rest of the economy.

The price of everything has gone up a lot in the last year. Some things are now twice what they cost just a year ago. That includes food.

Tariffs Are ‘Paralyzing’ the Steel Market

Al Root

May 29, 2019 11:40 a.m. ET

Trade conflicts are derailing the steel business.

Steel prices are down 19% year to date, while the cost of scrap steel has fallen 14%. As prices fall, steelmakers are cutting output, and buyers are hesitant to add to their inventories for fear of missing out if prices go even lower. Both buyers and producers are hesitant to call a bottom as the industry waits in vain for positive news.

“Buying activity remains subdued across most product categories,” wrote Cowenanalyst Tyler Kenyon in a Tuesday research report.

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.

Al Root

Steel prices are down 19% year to date, while the cost of scrap steel has fallen 14%. As prices fall, steelmakers are cutting output, and buyers are hesitant to add to their inventories for fear of missing out if prices go even lower. Both buyers and producers are hesitant to call a bottom as the industry waits in vain for positive news.

“Buying activity remains subdued across most product categories,” wrote Cowenanalyst Tyler Kenyon in a Tuesday research report.
Chicken Little

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.

Al Root

Chicken Little

?

I posted it to prove the price of steel is down 19%

A tariff is a tax on a foreign country's goods, not the U.S. The crazy angry left might wish that household expenses are going to "skyrocket" but it simply ain't true. The ironic thing is that the crazy incoherent left has been accusing the President of "collusion" while they have become willing (or ignorant) agents of foreign based propaganda.

For the curious, the willfully ignorant may also view the link:

Are Trump’s Tariffs Bolstering the U.S. Economy? Nope

This should give you a hard-on.

For the curious, the willfully ignorant may also view the link:

Are Trump’s Tariffs Bolstering the U.S. Economy? Nope

Trump tariffs are helping more than double U.S. solar capacity

Seriously, you don't know what tariffs are. Tariffs are not paid by foreign countries. It is paid by American Importers who pass that cost down to American Consumers. The crazy right needs to get some education. It is basically a tax on the American people.

Wrong. It's an expense to American consumers who choose to buy foreign crap.

Buy American and no tariffs.

Don't call it a tax. Taxes are not optional.

Whose sock are you?

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.

Al Root

Chicken Little

?

I posted it to prove the price of steel is down 19%

Because tariffs were lifted. Oops.

Trump sheep really are this stupid.

If we had just a couple smart analysts out of the Million or so in the Media and political think tanks, we'd find out that any tariff war CAN BE a "tax neutral" event for consumers.. Because the US Treasury is GETTING that money and just chucking it into the General Fund to be plundered and abused...

What we NEED is the realization that ALL of that tariff money COULD BE directly earmarked BACK to people or for things that resolve and address things like a border dispute with Mexico...

I'm placing an thread in Clean Debate tonight about this exact concept.....

Trump just said, on tariffs, "Right now, they (China) are paying billions of dollars to the United States". Apparently, Trump is just like any other low-information voter who doesn't know which end is up.
China is paying it.
If they start jacking up prices it will decrease sales.

You explained why we're paying additional subsidies to farmers in America, not who pays the tariffs.
We've been doing that as long as I can remember..

That's why I said 'additional'. If you're being deliberately stupid, be advised it appears as pure stupidity.

Trump just said, on tariffs, "Right now, they (China) are paying billions of dollars to the United States". Apparently, Trump is just like any other low-information voter who doesn't know which end is up.
China is paying it.

You explained why we're paying additional subsidies to farmers in America, not who pays the tariffs.

That's why I said 'additional'. If you're being deliberately stupid, be advised it appears as pure stupidity.
'Additional' is just a way to mislead everyone. I'm being deliberately rational....and you're being a TDS asshole.

I deal with products manufactured from alloy steel.

The US steel makers raised their prices when Trump put on the tariffs.

It made my pricing go up 10 - 15%.

I sell a lot of US manufactured products into Mexico. I could not raise my prices by 10-15% because my customer has access to these same products from Europe & Canada.

After much negotiations, I ended up cutting my profit margins in order to sell some products ( but not the same level as before). I lost half of my Mexican business & make only haslf my profit on the balance.

The factory lost these sales, they also lost profit margin.

My company lost ales & profit margins.

In the end less US product was exported

This is happening all across America.

Trump knows nothing about international business. He knows nothing about manufacturing.

He knows nothing about the steel industry.

And his base knows even less.

Annual Steel Price Forecast

Liar..

Trump’s Tariffs Are Killing Ame

Steel prices have fallen back to pre-tariff levels.

You fucking liar

Annual Steel Price Forecast

As demand increased, so too did supply as improving economic conditions worldwide contributed to a better-than-expected year for the steel industry. Those conditions contributed to high steel prices globally, although right now, prices are relatively low in the United States this year compared to last year (below).

View attachment 263936
Look at a longer time period

Everything I read since you posted said steel prices are low today

So, if companies bought from China because they are cheaper & now must buy from a more expensive source, their prices go up.

China is paying it.

'Additional' is just a way to mislead everyone. I'm being deliberately rational....and you're being a TDS asshole.

1-China doesn't pay tariffs on goods China ships to America.
2-China imposed retaliatory tariffs that reduced farm product purchases from America.
3-The US is paying "additional subsidies" to US farmers to compensate for their loss of sales
4-US importers pay the tariffs on Chinese goods
5-US taxpayers pay for the economic loss caused by Chinese tariffs.

You zombie cultists suffer from TDS. I don't know if you're an asshole, but I can see you're an idiot.

China is paying it.

1-China doesn't pay tariffs on goods China ships to America.
2-China imposed retaliatory tariffs that reduced farm product purchases from America.
3-The US is paying "additional subsidies" to US farmers to compensate for their loss of sales
4-US importers pay the tariffs on Chinese goods
5-US taxpayers pay for the economic loss caused by Chinese tariffs.

You zombie cultists suffer from TDS. I don't know if you're an asshole, but I can see you're an idiot.
Link

Tariffs become part of the price of imported goods. Have you noticed the uncontrolled spike in inflation? Yeah ... neither has anyone else.

That said, I welcome you to USMB with a reminder that you have the right to make a raging fool of yourself here but you will find absolutely no one who doesn't understand why you feel compelled to do it: haters gotta hate.

Trump has threatened a 5% tax on all Mexican goods beginning Monday.
I hope Americans have been saving for a raining day, cause it will be needed for all these new taxes they must pay. Just wait until the store shelves need to be restocked and you will see prices rise.

Forum List

Back