Trump is FORCED to Attend the Trial?

It's the law in NY state.

It's the law in NY state.
The law in New York State is that falsifying a business record is a misdemeanor and that the statute of limitations is long past.

This trial isn’t about the law.

The law in New York State is that falsifying a business record is a misdemeanor and that the statute of limitations is long past.

Nope, the statute of limitations had not expired.

Unless the falsification was to commit or hide/aid in another crime. In such as a case it's charged as a felony and the felonly SOL hasn't expired.

With the tolling suspension for being outside the state it wouldn't expire until 2027.

WW

Unless the falsification was to commit or hide/aid in another crime. In such as a case it's charged as a felony and the felonly SOL hasn't expired.
There was no other crime or Trump would have already been charged with it.

That’s why Bragg dropped the case when he first took office. He must have mistakenly thought that he was allowed to make a decision like that.
With the tolling suspension for being outside the state it wouldn't expire until 2027.

WW
Why was he not charged until 2023?

There was no other crime or Trump would have already been charged with it.

Trump doesn't have to be "charged" with the other crime. Cohen's crime and convictoin are an established fact.

That’s why Bragg dropped the case when he first took office. He must have mistakenly thought that he was allowed to make a decision like that.

Why was he not charged until 2023?

I don't believe Bragg ever "dropped" the case.

Bragg was sworn into office January 1, 2022.

15 Months for a business investigation of a huge corporation and to build a case to take to a Grand Jury is breakneck speed.

WW

I did not realize the depth of Judge Mercan’s pettiness.

I thought Trump wanted the trial to pause for a day so he could go to his son’s graduation without missing it. But no. He is required to be in court on pain of jail.

I think Merchannwill let Trump complain and then ultimately let him go to his son’s event. Just to show how fair he is. 😒. But maybe he really will be that childish.

It is absurd to make Trump sit in court for this. A presidential election is far more important than a lengthy show trial of an alleged misdemeanor ginned up into 34 felonies.
Its got to suck. Being forced to be like everyone else. The horror! Hopefully he is enjoying prison soon.

Trump doesn't have to be "charged" with the other crime. Cohen's crime and convictoin are an established fact.
Cohen is going to testify that Trump falsified a business record to cover up a crime by Cohen?
I don't believe Bragg ever "dropped" the case.
There’s an article about it in Politico. Two of Braggs staff attorneys resigned over it.

It’s not easy to find on the google, and CNN and NPR surely are not going to tell you. I’ll link it when I can use a desktop.
Bragg was sworn into office January 1, 2022.

15 Months for a business investigation of a huge corporation and to build a case to take to a Grand Jury is breakneck speed.

WW
Really? Maybe if he wasn’t working at breakneck speed, he could have found a real crime.

I just wonder: what was the hurry?

What, oh what could the big rush be?

Actually, I want to apologize for the above sarcasm. You are one of the respectful Dems on here.

Why didn’t Bragg’s predecessor charge the case? Why is Bragg not naming the crime Trump supposedly covered?

Do you admit that the speed you claim Bragg acted with is driven by the election? Maybe with good intentions of helping voters decide?

Last edited:
Cohen is going to testify that Trump falsified a business record to cover up a crime by Cohen?

I have no idea, we'll probably find out next week.

There’s an article about it in Politico. Two of Braggs staff attorneys resigned over it.

It’s not easy to find on the google, and CNN and NPR surely are not going to tell you. I’ll link it when I can use a desktop.

Attorney's resigning does not mean a case was dropped by Bragg.

Really? Maybe if he wasn’t working at breakneck speed, he could have found a real crime.

I just wonder: what was the hurry?

What, oh what could the big rush be?

Actually, I want to apologize for the above sarcasm. You are one of the respectful Dems on here.

Falsification of business records is a real crime, when done to hide/aid in the commission of another crime it's even a felony.

Why didn’t Bragg’s predecessor charge the case? Why is Bragg not naming the crime Trump supposedly covered?

Do you admit that the speed you claim Bragg acted with is driven by the election? Maybe with good intentions of helping voters decide?

I'm glad that the truth will come out so the people can make an informed decision.

FPOTUS#45 was a mistake for my party in 2015 and he's a mistake now.

Neither FPOTUS#45 or POTUS#46 should be the candidates IMHO.

WW

Liar.

Don't feed the sealions. The limitations issue has been explained directly to him many times.

I have no idea, we'll probably find out next week.
Well, what else could it be? Is there a better way for Bragg to present evidence that Trump made the entries to cover up Cohen's crimes? Or any way besides Trump testifying against himself to prove what Trump's intent was (if they can really prove that Trump makes entries into ledgers in between billion dollar deal negotiations).
Attorney's resigning does not mean a case was dropped by Bragg.
No, but that was the reason given in this case.

The New York Times, citing sources, reported that the grand jury investigation had stalled, with no sessions in the last month, and that Dunne and Pomerantz quit after Bragg raised doubts about pursuing a case against Trump himself. No former president has ever been charged with a crime.

. . .

Fischetti said Bragg has not spoken to him about the status of the investigation or potential charges against Trump but, given Thursday’s developments, the lawyer said it appeared that the D.A. had reviewed the case and signaled to his deputies he was not inclined to pursue an indictment.

Falsification of business records is a real crime, when done to hide/aid in the commission of another crime it's even a felony.
Yes, that crime is on the books. By "real crime," I meant a real crime that Trump actually committed. I guess they gave up that in frustration and went with the phonied up crime that Bragg had dropped more than a year before.
I'm glad that the truth will come out so the people can make an informed decision.
Yeah, I get it. You know that it is purely political, because you are not a moron. But such deviation from the narrative is not tolerated.
FPOTUS#45 was a mistake for my party in 2015 and he's a mistake now.

Neither FPOTUS#45 or POTUS#46 should be the candidates IMHO.

WW
Are you one of those who never expresses support for any candidate so you can just be the naysayer and never have to defend anything?

Doesn't really work, because you're having to defend Bragg, who himself knows that what he's doing is wrong.

Well, what else could it be? Is there a better way for Bragg to present evidence that Trump made the entries to cover up Cohen's crimes? Or any way besides Trump testifying against himself to prove what Trump's intent was (if they can really prove that Trump makes entries into ledgers in between billion dollar deal negotiations).

Like any good Mafia Don, Trump does not put things in writing.
But he also does not shut up

There is sufficient paper trail to show Trumps involvement. Cohen will be there to connect the dots.

Rather than provide a reasonable explanation of events related to Stormy Daniels, Trump denies everything and claims everyone is lying except for him

The jury will have to decide whom to believe

Thanks
It appears they were placed in open Civil Service positions not converting appointed political position to Civil Service

If they are Senior Executives, they must be approved by Congress

Your link

The Office of Personnel Management] will review the hiring action to ensure it is free from political influence and meets merit system principles,” Schumach continued. “If we cannot conclude the action is free from political influence and meets merit system principles, we will deny the request to appoint the individual and may refer the matter to the Office of Special Council for further investigation.”

LOL, they put political hacks into non political roles and you think that is the meaning of this.

Rube

Of course you see it that way. You haven’t heard their case yet or seen the evidence but you’ve already concluded it’s all made up. That’s called willful ignorance and the trait of somebody whom is brainwashed.

And you probably think the Stalin show trials were fair from the get go.

Rube.

LOL, they put political hacks into non political roles and you think that is the meaning of this.

Rube
Each Civil Service position has qualification standards

What make yo think they were not met?

If not, the hire can be challenged

Forum List

Back