Trump is already attempting to subvert oversight of stimulus

Good! That's what we want!

Of course it is what you want, you want big daddy government to hand out free money to those who will vote the correct way....it is what all you big government statist want.

I am glad to see you come out in the open and proudly proclaim your big government statist leanings.

You and your fellow Communist Chinese democrats fear Trump will keep you from stealing your "fair share."

Administering and EXECUTING the laws is the job of the Executive Branch. It has the staff in place to do it. It has the institutional experience to do it. Congress has no business getting involved in the nuts and bolts of administering a program after a bill is passed. This is the essence of Trump's signing statement.

CONGRESS DOES HAVE THE RIGHT OF "OVERSIGHT," which is, asking representatives of the Executive Branch how the law will be carried out, and ensuring that it is carried out as written. But they have no role in the actual administration or execution of the law.

Yet another example of Leftists having no fucking idea how the Constitution works.
Geesh, what a moron. This...................."Trump also indicated he would treat as optional a requirement in the bill that key congressional committees be consulted before Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development spends or reallocates certain funds."

A bill passed by Congress and signed by Trump. That makes it the law of the land. So check your ignorant indignation at the door.

Chinese Communist controlled democrats
This is what the once proud GOP has devolved in to. A bunch of idiotic conspiracy theorists.

The CCD's - Chinese Communist Democrats. The mask is off, the CCD party takes marching orders straight from Beijing. Remember stupid, conspiracies are hidden, when you fucks are open about it, it's just fact.

Chinese Communist controlled democrats
This is what the once proud GOP has devolved in to. A bunch of idiotic conspiracy theorists.

Oh, and sploogy

1585406651673.png

You NEVER get to accuse ANYONE of conspiracy theories again, moron.

"Under the final measure, the special inspector general would be nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate. He or she would be required to "conduct, supervise, and coordinate audits and investigations of the making, purchase, management, and sale of loans, loan guarantees, and other investments made by the Secretary of the Treasury under any program established by the Secretary under this Act."

Trump chips away at Congress' role in coronavirus relief oversight

"President Donald Trump intends to ignore provisions in the newly passed $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill intended to shore up Congress' oversight of the massive rescue program.

The legislation establishes a "special inspector general" to review and investigate loan decisions made by the treasury secretary as part of the coronavirus relief effort, an accountability measure that was a central part of Democrats' demands to shore up transparency in the bill. The provision requires the inspector general to notify Congress if he or she is "unreasonably refused or not provided" any information.
But in a signing statement issued shortly after he approved the bill, Trump says he'll be the last word on whether this provision is followed.

"I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the [inspector general] to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required" by Article II of the Constitution, Trump said in the signing statement.
Trump also indicated he would treat as optional a requirement in the bill that key congressional committees be consulted before Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development spends or reallocates certain funds."
.......................................................................................................................................................................
Even if the Trump admin wasn't incompetent and corrupt it is a reasonable request on the part of congressional Dems to have some degree of accountability for the dispersal of the $500B allocation for corporate relief from any admin. Dems agreed to the package believing Trump would be true to his word in allowing for the oversight mechanisms to be implemented.

They should have known better than to take a conman's word.

Wait isn't this exactly what Biden said he would do on CNN last night?

Trump chips away at Congress' role in coronavirus relief oversight

"President Donald Trump intends to ignore provisions in the newly passed $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill intended to shore up Congress' oversight of the massive rescue program.

The legislation establishes a "special inspector general" to review and investigate loan decisions made by the treasury secretary as part of the coronavirus relief effort, an accountability measure that was a central part of Democrats' demands to shore up transparency in the bill. The provision requires the inspector general to notify Congress if he or she is "unreasonably refused or not provided" any information.
But in a signing statement issued shortly after he approved the bill, Trump says he'll be the last word on whether this provision is followed.

"I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the [inspector general] to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required" by Article II of the Constitution, Trump said in the signing statement.
Trump also indicated he would treat as optional a requirement in the bill that key congressional committees be consulted before Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development spends or reallocates certain funds."
.......................................................................................................................................................................
Even if the Trump admin wasn't incompetent and corrupt it is a reasonable request on the part of congressional Dems to have some degree of accountability for the dispersal of the $500B allocation for corporate relief from any admin. Dems agreed to the package believing Trump would be true to his word in allowing for the oversight mechanisms to be implemented.

They should have known better than to take a conman's word.

It's only bad when a Republican does it.

I didn't see the interview but I can see why Biden assumed Trump would break the law. It wouldn't be the first time.

I didn't see the interview but I can see why Biden assumed Trump would break the law. It wouldn't be the first time.

You may be a lying scumbag, as is the way of CCD's, but care to point out the law Trump broke?

Let's see now. Which ones of these can the President cut out of the bill?

$25B for more food stamps and child nutrition

$12B housing (the coronavirus dismantles homes?)

$3.5B to states for childcare (even though most parents are sequestered in their homes)

$32B for education (even though most classes have shifted to online-learning)

$900M for low-income heating assistance (it’s the end of March and while North Dakota may still be chilly, most states are warm and getting warmer)

$50M for legal services for the poor (did Covid-19 kill a bunch of lawyers?)

$37M for the U.S. Forest Service (nothing viral in our forests)

$75M to the National Foundation on the Arts & Humanities

This isn't even all of the pork the Democrats stuffed the bill with.

$25M for the Kennedy Center (it’s not even open)

$78K to the Institute of American Indian and Alaska Native Culture and Arts Development

$500K to a Utah water project

Let's see now. Which ones of these can the President cut out of the bill?

$25B for more food stamps and child nutrition

$12B housing (the coronavirus dismantles homes?)

$3.5B to states for childcare (even though most parents are sequestered in their homes)

$32B for education (even though most classes have shifted to online-learning)

$900M for low-income heating assistance (it’s the end of March and while North Dakota may still be chilly, most states are warm and getting warmer)

$50M for legal services for the poor (did Covid-19 kill a bunch of lawyers?)

$37M for the U.S. Forest Service (nothing viral in our forests)

$75M to the National Foundation on the Arts & Humanities

This isn't even all of the pork the Democrats stuffed the bill with.

$25M for the Kennedy Center (it’s not even open)

$78K to the Institute of American Indian and Alaska Native Culture and Arts Development

$500K to a Utah water project

If we don't fund "Piss Christ," Wuhan virus will kill us all.

You may be a lying scumbag, as is the way of CCD's, but care to point out the law Trump broke?
Your evidence that Dems are controlled by the Chinese, please. I can't wait for this.
:lmao:
1585407928674.png

Forum List

Back