Trump, Iran and the 2020 Election

You know, first Iran shot down one of our spy drones, claiming it was in international waters.

Then, they plant mines on some tankers going through the Straits.

Yesterday, the US took out one of their drones.

Today? They take a British tanker hostage.

I'm guessing its only gonna take one or two more incidents like this before the responses escalate into a full fledged shooting war.

I wonder if Trump is doing this now because he knows Iran doesn't have nukes yet?

Deje vu Have we not learned that the Domino Theory and then the war of choice in Iraq cost us billions of dollars and too much blood of other people's kids?

Why you expect REPUBS to learn if Obama/Clinton didnt learn about repeating mistakes in Libya and Syria???

A bit of apples and antelopes ^^^.

Number of causalities in Vietnam and Iraq vis a vis Libya and Syria.

The length of the conflicts and the costs of the conflicts - we are still paying for the care of the Vietnam Warriors' wounds, both physical and mental.

No, Trump is a typical Republican militarist who will do anything to get re-elected – including start an unnecessary, illegal war.

And like most Republicans he has no problem sending Americans to fight and die in that unnecessary, illegal war if it’s to his political advantage.

If Trump sends US troops to Iran, the war will be justified. Iran is making a mistake by increasing it's uranium production.

Not what Trump said, he said he would listen to Paul's ideas but hadn't given him the authority to do anything.
No, trump confirmed that he gave paul the green light.

This is the statement I saw on Thursday:

On Thursday, Trump told reporters he had not signed off on Paul’s request to help reduce tensions with Iran.

“I would listen to him, but I didn’t appoint him, no,” he said. “No, he’s somebody I listen to, and I respect Sen. Paul, and if he had some ideas I would listen.”

Evidently Trump reversed his position on Friday, I didn't see that one.

Trump confirms he authorized Rand Paul to negotiate with Iran

My bad.

As the pressure on trump grows, the tail of the dog wags faster.

My greatest concern is trump will wage war against Iran, counting on being a war time President, to will win a second term.
Trump is a Vietnam-era draft dodging Democrat. He is not a warmonger. He's a blowhard. A paper tiger.

He will bend over backward to avoid a full-on conflict.
No, Trump is a typical Republican militarist who will do anything to get re-elected – including start an unnecessary, illegal war.

And like most Republicans he has no problem sending Americans to fight and die in that unnecessary, illegal war if it’s to his political advantage.
He's done everything he can to not fight any wars. You think we can just walk away from existing conflicts without consequence? Neither can we allow Iran or NK
free reign.

Forum List

Back