Trump in Iowa: I wouldn’t support a Covid shutdown.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
"No, I didn't actually have a shut down," he says in the video and that is technically true, but he lies when he claims to be a federalist and thus, supported Republican governors who didn't shut down. Arguably, Trump couldn't have authorized or enforced a nationwide shut down whether he wanted to or not, but he definitely criticized and threatened those who did not and those who he felt opened back up too early.

This is yet another entry on a long list of lies, waffling, and taking positions in direct conflict with the beliefs of his supporters. At this point, I think MAGA needs to just come out and admit that there is literally nothing this man can do that will get them to stop supporting him.

"No, I didn't actually have a shut down," he says in the video and that is technically true, but he lies when he claims to be a federalist and thus, supported Republican governors who didn't shut down. Arguably, Trump couldn't have authorized or enforced a nationwide shut down whether he wanted to or not, but he definitely criticized and threatened those who did not and those who he felt opened back up too early.

This is yet another entry on a long list of lies, waffling, and taking positions in direct conflict with the beliefs of his supporters. At this point, I think MAGA needs to just come out and admit that there is literally nothing this man can do that will get them to stop supporting him.

Trump had two weeks and extended it under the advise of medical experts or so called experts... and still he had a date to open... when the market started to fall he said we are open again... the blue states said that's not up to you and they stayed closed for years... how ridiculous of blue cities... some still have restaurant seating in the street... its crazy...

Drive through some very nice neighborhoods in any blue run city and you will see they still haven't returned to normal after covid... the fact is the left loved that part of covid... the shut down and control part and they salivate for it again...

Of course Trump does not remember because he is a compulsive liar

One benefit that restaurants was quick to pick up on was order food to have it delivered

According to a study by the National Restaurant Association in 2019, 60 percent of restaurant meals were consumed off-premise, likely because of the increased use of apps like Uber Eats and Grubhub. When the pandemic hit in 2020, that percentage jumped up to 90 percent.

In 2020, Uber Eats generated $4.8 billion in revenue, a 152 percent increase from $1.9 billion in 2019.

Restaurant delivery in the U.S. - statistics & facts​

United States
In the United States, busy lifestyles, developing technologies, and the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic have all played a role in the growth of the restaurant food delivery market. The pandemic was one of the key drivers of growth in the online delivery sector in the United States. Consumers are now visiting restaurant websites, food ordering platforms, and delivery apps to get their favorite meals delivered right to their doorstep more than ever before

The stu

The NPS closed during covid.

Trump is responsible for 90% of the actions taken by the government during covid.

That includes the trillions he authorized for R&R of the vaccine, the logistics, the fraudulent covid money that the American people only got about 1/2 of. (The rest went to corrupt people and organizations.
The operation warp speed, of a shot that was only tested for a short time.
He bashed governors for opening up their states early. (One reason he didn't endorse DeSantis in 2022)
He gave Fauci carte blanche rule to do all the BS he did.
He forced landlords to go without rent payments for a year.

All the whining and crying the Trump supporters did about Covid and the shot, why TF do they still support him?

the blue states said that's not up to you and they stayed closed for years... how ridiculous of blue cities... some still have restaurant seating in the street... its crazy...
Blue States shut down for Years???
LOLLOLLLLOLLLL, you liar.
There is NO seating in the street (there WAS from March through the Summer), the sidewalk yes, just like before COVID.

Very few actually shut down, they just had take out and deliveries.
That's NOT shutting down.

Now some businesses refused to adapt, and that's on them.

HOLY CRAP... Trump was the reason we couldn't go see people in nursing homes? I'd forgotten all about that.

Fair point.
numerous diseases have been isolated and contained.

obama encountered sars, ebola, with limited fanfare. - it is done by having "the best people", like that doctor stationed in wuhan for exactly that purpose, (the one trump fired) .

it is done , not by talking to the experts, but by listening to them.

numerous diseases have been isolated and contained.

obama encountered sars, ebola, with limited fanfare. - it is done by having "the best people", like that doctor stationed in wuhan for exactly that purpose, (the one trump fired) .

it is done , not by talking to the experts, but by listening to them.
Look, I'd be the last guy to give the blob a break on anything but Covid was a "novel" virus. Obama's challenges (you left some out by the way) were known quantities. It would be the difference between fighting the Borg and fighting the Vulcans.

Trump botched the response in many ways. But it is doubtful that someone else would have saw it coming and ramped up to meet it.

The initial downplaying of the seriousness, the pledging of a miracle, the expired goods in the SNS (Strategic National Stockpile), the trade wars, all were self-inflicted wounds. It is doubtful that another president would have dropped the ball so so thoroughly.

Look, I'd be the last guy to give the blob a break on anything but Covid was a "novel" virus. Obama's challenges (you left some out by the way) were known quantities. It would be the difference between fighting the Borg and fighting the Vulcans.

Trump botched the response in many ways. But it is doubtful that someone else would have saw it coming and ramped up to meet it.

The initial downplaying of the seriousness, the pledging of a miracle, the expired goods in the SNS (Strategic National Stockpile), the trade wars, all were self-inflicted wounds. It is doubtful that another president would have dropped the ball so so thoroughly.
Obama had created a pandemic response team and a pandemic response manual. Trump cancelled both.

Forum List

Back