Trump Has A First Amendment Right To Say The Election Was Stolen

Every time I read about these Jan 6th hearings, all I ever hear is that they are building a case that the so-called insurrection happened because Trump kept on saying that the election was stolen, his supporters believed him, and then some of them rioted, attacking the Capitol. They are finding evidence after evidence after evidence to prove that Trump claimed the election was stolen (not that we didn't know that in the first place) but the kangaroo hearing has to prove Trump repeatedly said the election was stolen even though everyone already knows he's said that many times. What a farce!

So what? Trump has a first amendment right to say the election was stolen, as many times as he wants to say it. That doesn't make him legally responsible if others believe the so called "big lie" and then riot and attack the Capitol. That's on them, not on Trump. Democrats called the 2016 election stolen for years and took steps to overthrow Trump. Where are the investigations of them? Oh, wait a minute. I spoke too soon. Those investigations are coming when Republicans take over the House after the midterms.
But the right ends if a person either engages in a conspiracy to create a falsehood or to incite violence or another crime

Personally, I haven't paid much attention until now because imo ALL public hearings by pols (including Bengazigate and Hillary's emails are bs grandstanding), and I didn't thing they'd actually find something. And I thought this was more about harassing Trump politically and make it harder for him to run in 24. Which frankly was all the gop was about with Hillary, and that's what pols do, so imo your complaints about Trump's "rights" is a joke esp considering Dobbs.

But Hutchinson's allegations about Trumps contacts on Jan 6 and more so what Cipplione (sp) seems to be saying about meetings Trump had with Powell and others are at least getting close.

Different day, Different fucking excuse...

After the testimony yesterday it is clear that Trump knew the mob was heavily armed, filled with misinformation and he told them they needed to fight.

Members of the crowd said they took his direction literally and fought.. They clearly stated they were following orders... Even to the point when Trump ordered them to go home they dispersed and went home...

It is also shown that Trump's intention was to disrupt the vote...

The direct line communication between the mob and Trump has a few communication channels but they don't really need it as he said it on the stage...

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees free speech, and the degree to which incitement is protected speech is determined by the imminent lawless action test introduced by the 1969 Supreme Court decision in the case Brandenburg v. Ohio. The court ruled that incitement of events in the indefinite future was protected, but encouragement of "imminent" illegal acts was not protected. This "view reflects longstanding law and is shared by the Federalist Society, the American Civil Liberties Union, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education."

Incitement to riot is illegal under U.S. federal law.

So Trump can't say anything he likes and think he gets away with it...

Think about it... If Trump knew he was actually innocent why would ring up witnesses?

But the right ends if a person either engages in a conspiracy to create a falsehood or to incite violence or another crime

Personally, I haven't paid much attention until now because imo ALL public hearings by pols (including Bengazigate and Hillary's emails are bs grandstanding), and I didn't thing they'd actually find something. And I thought this was more about harassing Trump politically and make it harder for him to run in 24. Which frankly was all the gop was about with Hillary, and that's what pols do, so imo your complaints about Trump's "rights" is a joke esp considering Dobbs.

But Hutchinson's allegations about Trumps contacts on Jan 6 and more so what Cipplione (sp) seems to be saying about meetings Trump had with Powell and others are at least getting close.
I think him knowing the crowd was armed and directing the to the capitol is a crime.. He won't get away with saying he was joking or it was figuratively speaking.. The Committee has shown already that he knew that crowd angry, armed and willing to take orders from him...
This is a crime...

What they are doing now is trying to tie it up.. Seeing if they can expose the link from Trump to Proud boys or oath keepers... We are pretty sure that could be easily achieved using Roger Stone.. Force Stone to plea deal or pull a pardon, either way Roger it is jail or start talking..

I just wish they had him on tape last week for witness tampering... That is a simple arrest and the chances of bail would be severely reduced... On top of that the Witness would receive death threats as per usual... Accusations of Trump directing another mob, so even if Trump gets bail the conditions of it would be no media (social or otherwise)...

I sure hope you are right about the fairness coming in it all, and that Trump gets vindication finally, but if these weak in the knees republicrats/rhino's have their way, it will all be swept under the rug nice and neat like. Unexceptable.

No one should forget how monsterous these Democrat's were, and how vindictive they are, and how evil they have been. No one.... Anyone that ignores what these people have done, and what they are all about IMO are traitor's to their country. Allowing your American brother's and sister's to suffer the consequences of these Democrat's action's without any remembering of how they were treated is sickening.
Double like on your post. It is extremely obvious which party has been attacking our democracy and it isn't the red team.

No one is denying Trump has a First Amendment right to claim the election was stolen. What he didn't have a right to do was to try to steal the election. That's like I have a First Amendment right to claim a bank is holding my money but won't give it to me. But I don’t have a right to try and steal money from that bank.
The hearing continues to find facts that Trump said the election was stolen. No proof of anything that is criminal. After Trump won in 2016 democrats huddled together to explore every avenue they could to overturn the election results, including democrats refusing to certify the election results, just for one example. Where are those investigations?

No one is claiming otherwise.

And this has nothing to do with the First Amendment – there’s no effort to use the authority of the state to preempt Trump from speaking.

Trump and others on the right are at complete liberty to lie about the 2020 election.

It’s understood that the evidence and testimony documenting Trump’s incompetence, criminality, and contempt for our democratic institutions and the will of the American people is embarrassing and humiliating for you and others on the right who voted for and supported Trump – and still do for some unknown, bizarre reason.

But your embarrassment and humiliation isn’t justification to lie about and misrepresent the intent of the hearings: to present to the American people the fact that Trump was responsible for the terrorist attack on the Capitol Building on January 6th, that it was Trump’s and his supporters’ intent to overturn a lawful, accurate, Constitutional election and install Trump as an autocratic dictator.
He was not responsible for it and there is no proof that he was. You agree that he has that first amendment right so that exonerates him from things others do. Bernie repeatedly called for a revolution and one of his followers took him up on it and went to DC to shoot up Republicans, attacking our democracy. Why isn't Bernie being investigated for being "responsible" for inciting his follower to attack our democracy?

That is the left connecting the dots they want to connect for political purposes, which is why they are doing this sham investigation in prime time just before the midterms. It is a total and complete abuse of power by the House for purely partisan political gain.

Hey, I think your mommy is still calling you, the streetlights went on hours ago.
so the global elites got our food prices up 30% so joe is starving kids while trying to murder them before they breathe air. And you think that's a quality in a president to admire. wow.

He was not responsible for it and there is no proof that he was. You agree that he has that first amendment right so that exonerates him from things others do. Bernie repeatedly called for a revolution and one of his followers took him up on it and went to DC to shoot up Republicans, attacking our democracy. Why isn't Bernie being investigated for being "responsible" for inciting his follower to attack our democracy?
you're wasting everyone's time with trying to reasonably discuss subjects like this with such a demofk leach.

Every time I read about these Jan 6th hearings, all I ever hear is that they are building a case that the so-called insurrection happened because Trump kept on saying that the election was stolen, his supporters believed him, and then some of them rioted, attacking the Capitol. They are finding evidence after evidence after evidence to prove that Trump claimed the election was stolen (not that we didn't know that in the first place) but the kangaroo hearing has to prove Trump repeatedly said the election was stolen even though everyone already knows he's said that many times. What a farce!

So what? Trump has a first amendment right to say the election was stolen, as many times as he wants to say it. That doesn't make him legally responsible if others believe the so called "big lie" and then riot and attack the Capitol. That's on them, not on Trump. Democrats called the 2016 election stolen for years and took steps to overthrow Trump. Where are the investigations of them? Oh, wait a minute. I spoke too soon. Those investigations are coming when Republicans take over the House after the midterms.
After 6 years of The DemNazi COUP and Insurrection which started with Operation Russian Collusion - Dirty Dossier = Crossfire Hurricane The DemNazi Deep State has yet to find a single crime committed by the honorable president Donald J Trump.

But we do have Pedo Peter The Hair Sniffing Child Eater being accused of Pedophilia and incest by two of his own children.

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_640.gifv

After 6 years of The DemNazi COUP and Insurrection which started with Operation Russian Collusion - Dirty Dossier = Crossfire Hurricane The DemNazi Deep State has yet to find a single crime committed by the honorable president Donald J Trump.

But we do have Pedo Peter The Hair Sniffing Child Eater being accused of Pedophilia and incest by two of his own children.

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_640.gifv
Hey tree, the demofks made such a big deal out of Trump's comment about shooting someone in NY and no one would care, well here we have pedo joe and we have evidence and they are still allowing him to do whatever. So, like any other demfok talking points, they project who they really are. Just saying. FACT

Hey tree, the demofks made such a big deal out of Trump's comment about shooting someone in NY and no one would care, well here we have pedo joe and we have evidence and they are still allowing him to do whatever. So, like any other demfok talking points, they project who they really are. Just saying. FACT
This is why they all support without question The Alphabet Pedo Grooming Lobby and look the other way while Joe raped his own children.

That is the left connecting the dots they want to connect for political purposes, which is why they are doing this sham investigation in prime time just before the midterms. It is a total and complete abuse of power by the House for purely partisan political gain.

What sham? Steve Bannon confessed the whole sordid plot was pre-planned...

Forum List

Back