Trump draws even with Clinton in national White House poll

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
I hope he slaughter the wicked bitch come Nov. I was a Cruz supporter that now will vote for Trump

Need to brush up on my bus driving skills to help deliver the invading criminals back to the border

I hope to see another push of 'H' sigs

-Geaux
-------

Republican Donald Trump pulled even with Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Wednesday, in a dramatic early sign that the Nov. 8 presidential election might be more hotly contested than first thought.

While much can change in the six months until the election,

the results of the online survey are a red flag for the Clinton campaign that the billionaire's unorthodox bid for the White House cannot be brushed aside.

Trump's numbers surged after he effectively won the Republican nomination last week by knocking out his two remaining rivals, according to the poll.

The national survey found 41 percent of likely voters supporting Clinton and 40 percent backing Trump, with 19 percent undecided. The survey of 1,289 people was conducted over five days and has a credibility interval of 3 percentage points.

"Very happy to see these numbers," Trump said in a written comment to Reuters. "Good direction." A spokesman for Clinton's campaign did not respond to requests for comment on the poll.

Trump draws even with Clinton in national White House poll

There's already a thread on this.

It's an online poll.

RCP hasn't been including the Reuters/Ipsos polls in its averages, I believe, because of it.

Trump v Clinton.png

It's an online poll.

RCP hasn't been including the Reuters/Ipsos polls in its averages, I believe, because of it.

View attachment 74563

The media can try to cover it up but Trump is going to be a competitor if not victor in Nov

-Geaux

Dude, you have to get out of this silly conspiracy mindset.

No other candidate has ever received this much free publicity. If he's trailing, it's not because the media is trying to cover it up.

Republicans went Full Retard over polls in 2012. Don't do it again.

It's an online poll.

View attachment 74563

The media can try to cover it up but Trump is going to be a competitor if not victor in Nov

-Geaux

No other candidate has ever received this much free publicity. If he's trailing, it's not because the media is trying to cover it up.

Geaux has that needle pinned......

It's an online poll.

View attachment 74563

-Geaux

Geaux has that needle pinned......

Just reporting the news is all. Her Thighness Clinton doesn't have the Obama swoon factor so this may not turn out so well for some of you.

-Geaux

The national survey found 41 percent of likely voters supporting Clinton and 40 percent backing Trump, with 19 percent undecided.

Obviously, you can't boil it down to the key point of the article.

19% undecided.

A lot of people aren't happy with either one of these choices.

But here's the thing. Come November, Democrats will be solidly behind Clinton while Republicans will be subtly sabotage Trump.

The national survey found 41 percent of likely voters supporting Clinton and 40 percent backing Trump, with 19 percent undecided.

19% undecided.

But here's the thing. Come November, Democrats will be solidly behind Clinton while Republicans will be subtly sabotage Trump.

We;ll see I suppose

-Geaux

We;ll see I suppose

-Geaux

That's a cop-out, guy.

I see a lot of people here who supported Romney to the Hilt in 2012 - Toro, Oreo, Rabbi - who have said they will not vote for Trump.

I have yet to see anyone here who voted for Obama, even people who are currently supporting Sanders, tell me they are going to vote for Trump.

That's how the math works, guy. Trump has to win everyone who voted for Romney and then get a sizable portion of people who voted for Obama to change their mind.

He hasn't even completed the first part of that equation yet.

We;ll see I suppose

-Geaux

That's a cop-out, guy.

I see a lot of people here who supported Romney to the Hilt in 2012 - Toro, Oreo, Rabbi - who have said they will not vote for Trump.

I have yet to see anyone here who voted for Obama, even people who are currently supporting Sanders, tell me they are going to vote for Trump.

That's how the math works, guy. Trump has to win everyone who voted for Romney and then get a sizable portion of people who voted for Obama to change their mind.

He hasn't even completed the first part of that equation yet.

And get all the conservatives who stayed home. And she'll have to get the record breaking black voter turnout Obama got

6 month to go, we'll see if Trumps momentum is sustained. If it is, she's done

-Geaux

A major effort today will be made in DC to get Trump and the leadership on line with each other.

However, if Sanders becomes the Dem VP pick, electoral life for Trump dims.

And get all the conservatives who stayed home. And she'll have to get the record breaking black voter turnout Obama got

Okay, guy, a few problems with your statement.

One is that any "conservatives" stayed home in 2012. In fact, Romney got the same percentage of "Conservatives" that Bush got in 2004.

The other flaw in this thinking is that Obama got that many more black votes. In fact, African Americans did make up 13% of the electorate in 2012, but they made up 11% of the electorate in 2004. So let's split the difference, that there will be more enthusiasm for Hillary than Kerry, but less than Obama, and you still will get very strong turnout.

The real problem Trump is going to have is going to be Hispanics. Romney got 27% of the Hispanic vote with a 48% Hispanic turnout rate. Trump will do much worse and Hispanics will be more motivated to come out and vote. Trump has even managed to alienate Cuban americans.

Electoral votes, baby, it's all about electoral votes:

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map
Yep and the best we can hope for is a TIE in the electoral college and then having the miscreants in the HOR deadlock too, which would make Joe Biden President, he's a dickhead too but at least he's not as much of a dickhead as Trump or Clinton.

It's a big long shot but when one is faced with only evil options one must hold out hope that the least evil one prevails. :p

Last edited:
The map is fun.

I think the GOP is going to need FL and give up, VA, PA, and OH in order to win close.

19% undecided.

Just like Hillary was gonna get the nomination in 2008?

19% undecided.

Good point, but yes, she will.

19% undecided.

Good point, but yes, she will.
I don't think she will survive the debates.

Forum List

Back