Trump calls on fed to weaken the dollar. Yes, weaken.

Currencies manipulated = bad.
Taxing 70% for rich=good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that since the wealthy can get themselves paid in stock dividends, they typically only pay the 15% capital gains rate.
The wealthy know all the loopholes and how to use them, so they do not pay much in taxes.

WTF, that's not a loophole, and that same "loophole" is available to everyone.

And they shouldn’t be punished for being successful, or made to fund everyone.

Can you imagine how repubs would react if Obama had suggested something so retarded? Hell, you could write an entire book on the double standard of Obama and Trump called “If Obama had done that..”

Trump presses Fed to weaken dollar

Leave it to republicans to blindly defend this shit like anything he does.
your reaction proves your ignorance
proves you haven't a clue what a weak dollar does
it makes American produced products overseas cheaper there for increasing exports increasing jobs here in America
a weaker dollar also makes vacationing in America cheaper there for attracting more tourist
You better start producing a whole lot of crap real quick because the price of imports is going to go up as well.
A weak dollar is going to pinch the working man.

Sort of, but in the long run it is good, because it means we will be forced to buy more domestic products instead of those imports that went up in price.
It is not a permanent solution, but devaluing the dollar is how FDR got us out of the Great Depression.
The competition then was Europe, but we essentially won that trade war by devaluing.

You called Trump a hypocrite on currency manipulation by the Chinese. Care to back that up?

It's already been noted. He complained about China doing it but here he is wanting us to do it again.

How is Trump's stance on China manipulating it's currency in any way hypocritical? Because he's threatening to do to them what they have been doing to us for decades? Bill Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Mitt Romney all accused the Chinese of being currency manipulators. Are THEY hypocrites as well?

We have been doing it for decades so it's hypocritical to condemn another country doing the same.

You really know nothing about what's been taking place between the US and China...do you?

You continue to say this but never point out where I am wrong.

You really need me to point out that you don't know what a weak dollar does...you don't know the history of currency manipulation by the Chinese...and you don't know what Trump's stance has been on currency manipulation by the Chinese for quite some time?

Why are you even here in this string? It's obvious that you don't know anything about this topic. Yes, I get it that you hate Trump. Therefore because Trump wants to do something...you automatically think it must be "wrong"! Would you like to take a crack at explaining why it wasn't wrong when it happened on Obama's watch? Why it wasn't wrong when Bill Clinton accused the Chinese of the same thing that Trump has accused them of?

Whenever one of you far left progressives tries to post about economics it's like a monkey trying to understand quantum physics. A weaker dollar has advantages and disadvantages. It's not always a bad thing for America. Didn't any of you take Economics in college?
Two words kid:

Currency manipulation

You mean like China does to the rest of the world on a regular basis?
Is that your goal? To be more like China?

Except that since the wealthy can get themselves paid in stock dividends, they typically only pay the 15% capital gains rate.
The wealthy know all the loopholes and how to use them, so they do not pay much in taxes.

No, that is silly.
You have to be a top exec or on the board of directors to be able to get yourself paid in stock options or dividends instead of a cash salary.
No ordinary worker is allowed to do that.
The only way the IRS will let you do that is if you are an investor in the company, and not just an employee.

No, that is silly.
You have to be a top exec or on the board of directors to be able to get yourself paid in stock options or dividends instead of a cash salary.
The only way the IRS will let you do that is if you are an investor in the company, and not just an employee.

So we've gone from stock dividends to stock options?

Can you imagine how repubs would react if Obama had suggested something so retarded? Hell, you could write an entire book on the double standard of Obama and Trump called “If Obama had done that..”

The fed weakened the dollar under Obama more than they ever did in history. You do realize that anytime the rate is cut it weakens the currency? Is there fucking ANYTHING you idiots understand about economics?
Obama didn’t tell them to do it you moron.
What the fuck does that have to do with the price of pussy in Thailand? Your point was that republicans didn’t care when the dollar was weakened under Obama and you made yourself look like a fucking retard. Aren’t you tired of that at this point?

There are many ways to devalue the dollars.
What Obama used was quantitative easing, which means printing more currency.
Which is done by the Federal Reserves, and not the president explicitly.
But it was Obama who asked the Fed to do it.
But Trump is intending to do it explicitly instead.

No, that is silly.

My intent was to write options originally, but dividends also are only available to the wealthy, who have purchased stock.
So most people can not get their income taxed at the 15% capital gains rates that the wealthy can.

No, that is silly.

My intent was to write options originally, but dividends also are only available to the wealthy, who have purchased stock.
So most people can not get their income taxed at the 15% capital gains rates that the wealthy can.

Which is where I jumped in, before you changed your mind, dividends are available to everyone.

No, that is silly.

You don't have to be wealthy to buy stock.

vo2sz.jpg
Typical knee jerk trump dick sucking worship from you. The man can do no wrong I guess

Someday, he may stop driving you insane. But, until then, he's da man.

66e8e228dc6457bcca4f7c8a945bed88

Dang man, you've got one seriously bad case of smallism from all that Turmp blowing.

No, that is silly.

You don't have to be wealthy to buy stock.

You have to take risk, and have some understanding of the stock market. I’m not rich, and don’t have stocks. But Im not disgruntled about those who are. I pay my own way.

Whenever one of you far left progressives tries to post about economics it's like a monkey trying to understand quantum physics. A weaker dollar has advantages and disadvantages. It's not always a bad thing for America. Didn't any of you take Economics in college?
Two words kid:

Currency manipulation

Exactly like that.

Are you seriously playing the "but they do it too" card for international trade?

If you want to trade, you have to trade by the same rules.

Typical knee jerk trump dick sucking worship from you. The man can do no wrong I guess

Someday, he may stop driving you insane. But, until then, he's da man.

66e8e228dc6457bcca4f7c8a945bed88

Dang man, you've got one seriously bad case of smallism from all that Turmp blowing.

Have the toxic fumes from breathing through hilly’s granny panties, caused you brain damage?

He wants to weaken America, We have all known this all along.

The Left is really going Full Retard nowadays, with all due respect to Tardo-Americans. Weakening the dollar is monetary policy- which may be called for at certain times, as a dollar that is too strong discourages tourism as well as exports.

It has nothing to do with "weakening the country", regardless of what liberals are saying

Two words kid:

Currency manipulation

Is that your goal? To be more like China?

My "goal" is to have a level playing field. My "goal" is to make them play at least a bit fair. The Chinese don't do that at the moment. They manipulate their currency. They steal intellectual property from the west and use it with impunity. All Trump is doing is telling them ENOUGH! It's something all Americans should be behind.

No, that is silly.

I took stock options as part of my pay package quite often, Rigby. Many companies offer them to their employees...all their employees...not just the top executives or those on the board of directors.

A strong dollar is not always good for the economy.

Forum List

Back