Trump Blesses Teaching Bible Literary Classes in Public Schools

badger2

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2016
28 Jan 2019 Trump Blesses Teaching Bible Literary Classes in Public Schools as Great!
(site not secure)
fortune.com/2019/01/28/trump-blesses-teaching-bible-literary-classes-in-public-schools-as-great/
'...."Starting to make a turn back? Great!" '

Laicite (Separation of Church and State)
Laïcité - Wikipedia

28 Jan 2019 Trump Blesses Teaching Bible Literary Classes in Public Schools as Great!
(site not secure)
fortune.com/2019/01/28/trump-blesses-teaching-bible-literary-classes-in-public-schools-as-great/

Laïcité - Wikipedia
Any word on when he will be taking up following Christ himself?

What kind of Christianity?? He doesn't know much, does he, about the bible and all the Christianity quacks.

If it's elective with no credits toward graduation fine, if it's required NO.

Shit most if not all schools don't even teach kids how to handle life, finances how to count change back to you at any counter.

If it's elective with no credits toward graduation fine, if it's required NO.

Shit most if not all schools don't even teach kids how to handle life, finances how to count change back to you at any counter.
That's the point. Do not teach them to think and question. Teach them to believe, to fight, and follow.

What kind of Christianity?? He doesn't know much, does he, about the bible and all the Christianity quacks.
I read something about this a few days ago, but if I recall, Trump implied it would be offered as an option. I believe some places already offer such classes as 'comparable religions' but I do not know the level it is offered and I doubt it would be of benefit before college. I suspect this is a can of worms nobody should open under college level and only for serious students. Religion should be taught from the home to lower grades.

We can either bring back moral and religious teaching in our public schools or keep doing what we have been doing......

pushing God away....

"Religion should be taught from the home to lower grades."

This approach is problematic due to such things as Oedipus and the stick-and-carrot politics of familial inheritance. That's why books such as this were written:

Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia

Trump and Pelosi are dancing this schizoid trajectory now in the media.

I read something about this a few days ago, but if I recall, Trump implied it would be offered as an option. I believe some places already offer such classes as 'comparable religions' but I do not know the level it is offered and I doubt it would be of benefit before college. I suspect this is a can of worms nobody should open under college level and only for serious students. Religion should be taught from the home to lower grades.
Do you support a mandatory cult indoctrination at schools? See my signature.

He might know even less about "literacy".

What the fuck is "Bible literacy" anyway? They teach you what "thou" means?

We can either bring back moral and religious teaching in our public schools or keep doing what we have been doing......

pushing God away....

Send your kids to a Christian school if you are not up to the task. As much as I'm anti Christian schools that is what they are for, if you can chose one.

pushing God away....

Non sequitur. "Learning" and "God" are mutually opposed to each other. Why do you want to take little kids and fill them with contradictions?

(site not secure)

Laïcité - Wikipedia

The OP link, which for reasons unknown is spelled out rather than linked, does not work.

pushing God away....
Rambunctious, you are wrong. First of all you do not specify which religious teaching should be taught although one can assume you mean Christian, and secondly, do you really want your kids getting their definitive religious training at public school? Can you just imagine the school board meeting with parents complaining that their kid was taught that baptism is getting water flicked at you instead of a near drowning by submersion, or vise versa?

pushing God away....

Send your kids to a Christian school if you are not up to the task. As much as I'm anti Christian schools that is what they are for, if you can chose one.

I went to Catholic grade school and we hand almost no religion taught in it. We started the day with a prayer, but that was it. We had the regular subjects though. Then when I was in the 8th grade, we got ready for our Confirmation, but that was done after school and in the church.

And Pogo proves to be the first lazy toad to complain about it.

pushing God away....

I went to Catholic grade school and we hand almost no religion taught in it. We started the day with a prayer, but that was it. We had the regular subjects though. Then when I was in the 8th grade, we got ready for our Confirmation, but that was done after school and in the church.

That's odd. I too went to Catholic grade school and we had religion literally every day.

Will never forget my first day of school in first grade sitting in a roomful of strangers under fluorescent lights being browbeaten en masse as if we were all criminals. I hated literally every day of school after that.

Pogo complains about contradictions while arguing that the prisoners opt out of the either/or dilemma of the dominant ideology of protection racketism (religion). Indeed the problem is one of replacing knowledge for that of faith, the latter being much more dangerous throughout the lifespan.

Forum List

Back