Trump Blesses Teaching Bible Literary Classes in Public Schools

We can either bring back moral and religious teaching in our public schools or keep doing what we have been doing......

pushing God away....

Send your kids to a Christian school if you are not up to the task. As much as I'm anti Christian schools that is what they are for, if you can chose one.

I went to Catholic grade school and we hand almost no religion taught in it. We started the day with a prayer, but that was it. We had the regular subjects though. Then when I was in the 8th grade, we got ready for our Confirmation, but that was done after school and in the church.

I went to Catechism classes. :)

We can either bring back moral and religious teaching in our public schools or keep doing what we have been doing......

pushing God away....

Send your kids to a Christian school if you are not up to the task. As much as I'm anti Christian schools that is what they are for, if you can chose one.

I went to Catholic grade school and we hand almost no religion taught in it. We started the day with a prayer, but that was it. We had the regular subjects though. Then when I was in the 8th grade, we got ready for our Confirmation, but that was done after school and in the church.

That's odd. I too went to Catholic grade school and we had religion literally every day.

Will never forget my first day of school in first grade sitting in a roomful of strangers under fluorescent lights being browbeaten en masse as if we were all criminals. I hated literally every day of school after that.
Wow! We didn't. We did however, have horrible nuns as teachers. They were nice sometimes, but for the most part, were really abusive. I didn't live in the parish area, so my parents had to pay tuition for me to go there. My mother made it clear the very first day that no one was allowed to lay a hand on me and since she was paying, no one ever did. But I saw many of the others hit and some of the girls were hit hard across their lower backs. One poor boy was really abused. She would grab him by the front of his hair and slam his head back against the blackboard. I'm still friends with him via emails and he still has a hatred for those nuns, and I don't blame him.

pushing God away....

I didn't start going to Catholic school until the 5th grade and went to Catechism before that. I took my first Communion in the summer between my first and second grade after going to Catechism. Then, in high school, I had to go to Catechism in the school I went to 5 thru 8 grade. I hated it by then.

pushing God away....

That's odd. I too went to Catholic grade school and we had religion literally every day.

Will never forget my first day of school in first grade sitting in a roomful of strangers under fluorescent lights being browbeaten en masse as if we were all criminals. I hated literally every day of school after that.
Wow! We didn't. We did however, have horrible nuns as teachers. They were nice sometimes, but for the most part, were really abusive. I didn't live in the parish area, so my parents had to pay tuition for me to go there. My mother made it clear the very first day that no one was allowed to lay a hand on me and since she was paying, no one ever did. But I saw many of the others hit and some of the girls were hit hard across their lower backs. One poor boy was really abused. She would grab him by the front of his hair and slam his head back against the blackboard. I'm still friends with him via emails and he still has a hatred for those nuns, and I don't blame him.

Yep, I saw the same things. A culture of sadism. I've never forgiven them and never will. It would tickle me to no end if that school, which I've always referred to as "the prison", would be hit by a meteor and leveled to dust. Especially if I could fling it that way and watch.

I've always said, one thing that Catholic school teaches is quick reflexes. The penguins would without warning whack some unfortunate pupil with that wooden pointer, anywhere in the room --- that pointer had a rubber bullet-shaped tip on it that would fly off and could ricochet in any direction, so you had to duck and cover at an instant's notice.

Last edited:

pushing God away....

I didn't start going to Catholic school until the 5th grade and went to Catechism before that. I took my first Communion in the summer between my first and second grade after going to Catechism. Then, in high school, I had to go to Catechism in the school I went to 5 thru 8 grade. I hated it by then.

I was sentenced to it from age five. After six years my parents pulled me out to safety. They said they didn't like what it was doing to me. Last day of sixth grade those of us leaving the school for PS had to line up for the penguin to fill in our forms. When she asked what school we were transferring to she scowled the name back to us as if we had just called her a slut or some shit.

I was the first in my family to escape. Within a year all my younger siblings were set free as well. My youngest brother never knew the agony, went right into PS.

Last edited:

pushing God away....

Me too, but I had a very Roman Catholic Mom and was in very awe of the Nuns, they were all very nice, not like the ones you had. I was taught with the Baltimore Catechism, no bible classes, just church stuff.

pushing God away....

Me too, but I had a very Roman Catholic Mom and was in very awe of the Nuns, they were all very nice, not like the ones you had. I was taught with the Baltimore Catechism, no bible classes, just church stuff.

Yep, the ole Baltimore Catechism, still remember it word for word (after all we were forced to memorize it).

I can recall in first grade, which was the first I had ever heard of this religion thing, they laid out the Adam and Eve story as a beginning. My five-year-old mind accepted that, it was the first creation story I'd been told. Then they told us about sin and heaven and hell and shit, I accepted that too for lack of any other story. Then they told us about "original sin" and that's when I balked. "Whoa, hold up --- I wasn't there". And that was my first lesson on False Accusation and the first crack in the whole religion. Didn't take long to smell the bullshit.

pushing God away....

I was sentenced to it from age five. After six years my parents pulled me out to safety. They said they didn't like what it was doing to me. Last day of sixth grade those of us leaving the school for PS had to line up for the penguin to fill in our forms. When she asked what school we were transferring to she scowled the name back to us as if we had just called her a slut or some shit.

I was the first in my family to escape. Within a year all my younger siblings were set free as well. My youngest brother never knew the agony, went right into PS.

When I graduated 8th grade, they were getting ready to open the new Catholic high school and that's when I put the brakes on. For starters, my class would be the only grade in the school and as we progressed to higher grades, then they would incorporated one more lower grade so by the time I would be a senior would be the first time there would be 4 grades of students. I wanted to go to a high school with all 4 grades and also wanted to be a majorette and none of those thing would ever happen in the Catholic high school. My mother went to the same high school and she wanted me to go there too, so I did.
I'm an only child and my parents were very religious, but not fanatical. Up until his dying day my dad remained an active member of the church. I stopped going when I was about 20 or so. After I got in my teens, mass bored me. I did love midnight mass on Christmas Eve though when it was still said in Latin. Now that I'm down in NC, we go to the Moravian Love Feast on Christmas Eve and it's the most beautiful service ever.

We usually warn the reader that the site is not secure which means that USMB software may not work on that link. For the religious double-bind, stupidity always gets the reality it deserves when attempting to flee the contradictions of faith vs knowledge. That is why the concept of Laicite is in place.

Yep, the ole Baltimore Catechism, still remember it word for word (after all we were forced to memorize it).

I can recall in first grade, which was the first I had ever heard of this religion thing, they laid out the Adam and Eve story as a beginning. My five-year-old mind accepted that, it was the first creation story I'd been told. Then they told us about sin and heaven and hell and shit, I accepted that too for lack of any other story. Then they told us about "original sin" and that's when I balked. "Whoa, hold up --- I wasn't there". And that was my first lesson on False Accusation and the first crack in the whole religion. Didn't take long to smell the bullshit.

Try explaining to people yapping to you about Eve, if you are a woman, that you never knew her and she left the planet thousands of years before you were born.

I consider it a blessing that my father forbid me being sent to Catholic school. It sounds like hell. I know that Bruce Springsteen tells a story about how the nuns once put him in a trash can when he was a kid. And look what happened in Ireland, with stuff like the Magdelene Laundries. All of this has been covered up for decades, if not centuries.

28 Jan 2019 Trump Blesses Teaching Bible Literary Classes in Public Schools as Great!
(site not secure)
fortune.com/2019/01/28/trump-blesses-teaching-bible-literary-classes-in-public-schools-as-great/
'...."Starting to make a turn back? Great!" '

Laicite (Separation of Church and State)
Laïcité - Wikipedia
Any word on when he will be taking up following Christ himself?

Why not Islam, Achmed?

pushing God away....
Rambunctious, you are wrong. First of all you do not specify which religious teaching should be taught although one can assume you mean Christian, and secondly, do you really want your kids getting their definitive religious training at public school? Can you just imagine the school board meeting with parents complaining that their kid was taught that baptism is getting water flicked at you instead of a near drowning by submersion, or vise versa?
Look around you....our respect for others...respect for life and truth is going away...the thought that there is something bigger than us is not being taught....and it shows...what religion you ask?...well this is a Christian based nation but I really don't think it matters as long as its a religion based on love and respect for life liberty and justice for all and an adherence to public standards of decency once again.......
And there is not just a need for moral teaching in our schools...we need standards to return in public entertainment....the rot that comes from Hollywood and NY movies and music has become sickening...
Like I said...we can do that or do what we are doing now....which is nothing...
We have the media and people screaming over the VA governor and a college picture but totally ignore his infanticide comments....not a good sign...

28 Jan 2019 Trump Blesses Teaching Bible Literary Classes in Public Schools as Great!
(site not secure)
fortune.com/2019/01/28/trump-blesses-teaching-bible-literary-classes-in-public-schools-as-great/
'...."Starting to make a turn back? Great!" '

Laicite (Separation of Church and State)
Laïcité - Wikipedia
Any word on when he will be taking up following Christ himself?

Why not Islam, Achmed?
A male dominator god perceptual reality is a male dominator god perceptual reality is a male dominator god perceptual reality.

pushing God away....
Rambunctious, you are wrong. First of all you do not specify which religious teaching should be taught although one can assume you mean Christian, and secondly, do you really want your kids getting their definitive religious training at public school? Can you just imagine the school board meeting with parents complaining that their kid was taught that baptism is getting water flicked at you instead of a near drowning by submersion, or vise versa?
Look around you....our respect for others...respect for life and truth is going away...the thought that there is something bigger than us is not being taught....and it shows...what religion you ask?...well this is a Christian based nation but I really don't think it matters as long as its a religion based on love and respect for life liberty and justice for all and an adherence to public standards of decency once again.......
And there is not just a need for moral teaching in our schools...we need standards to return in public entertainment....the rot that comes from Hollywood and NY movies and music has become sickening...
We have the media and people screaming over the VA governor and a college picture but totally ignore his infanticide comments....not a good sign...

So what movies don't you like?

BTW: what would you suggest in the line of "moral teaching" that isn't being delivered already?

pushing God away....
What could ever be bigger than america; a corporate conglomerate with the world's most savage global militarist empire the world has ever known?

the rot that comes from Hollywood and NY movies and music has become sickening...
iu

pushing God away....

And lgbt schools are the public ones yes? Where our tax dollars go to fund mandatory classes on deviant sexuality emulation at the earliest of ages. See my signature.

So what movies don't you like?

BTW: what would you suggest in the line of "moral teaching" that isn't being delivered already?
Your first question is too stupid for me to bother with...if you don't know decency from indecent you are part of the problem....second question.....I went to public school in the 80's and it is completely absent of any religious teaching....there was a time when that wasn't the case and the nation was better off....

Forum List

Back