Trump and the F.B.I.

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I love watching Trump attack the F.B.I., historically a bastion of conservatism, from J. Edgar Hoover to today. However, no one who dare crosses Trump is immune, even the F.B.I.. We've seen Trump supporters violently attack the police on January 6th, 2021, and now they are going after the F.B.I..

Maybe it's time to remind Trump supporters about the F.B.I., and who runs it. I'm quite happy to let the former President continue to lash out at traditional allies as he tries to make the former Republican Party his own personal fiefdom.

Of all the weird and historically discordant moments and news stories of the Donald Trump era, few seem stranger than watching the former president and his allies demonize the F.B.I. as some sort of rogue “woke” Democratic deep state mob. This has been happening for several years now, but in the days since the F.B.I. searched Mr. Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago, the bureau has attracted particularly withering criticism for its supposedly leftist persecution of Mr. Trump, and Republicans have even begun to call to “defund the corrupt F.B.I.

Historically, though, the F.B.I. has been arguably the most culturally conservative and traditionally white Christian institution in the entire U.S. government. It’s an institution so culturally conservative, even by the standards of law enforcement, that Democratic presidents have never felt comfortable — or politically emboldened — enough to nominate a Democrat to head the bureau.

That’s right: Far from being a bastion of progressive thinking, every single director of the F.B.I. has been a Republican-aligned official, going all the way back to its creation. Such history suggests that the issue here is Mr. Trump and not institutional bias.

Its current director, Christopher Wray, who oversaw the agents conducting last week’s search of Mar-a-Lago, was nominated by Mr. Trump himself and came to the job with sterling Republican credentials: He was the head of the criminal division in George W. Bush’s Justice Department, a member of the conservative Federalist Society and a clerk for Judge J. Michael Luttig, a Republican judicial icon.

Mr. Wray replaced the F.B.I. director Mr. Trump fired, James Comey, who had been nominated by Barack Obama and was the former deputy attorney general of George W. Bush’s Justice Department. His predecessor Robert Mueller, who served in the Justice Department for both Bush presidencies, was nominated by George W. Bush.

And before them — from Louis Freeh (a George H.W. Bush judge) to the F.B.I.’s founder, J. Edgar Hoover — all of the F.B.I.’s directors were Republican-aligned officials.

The argument that it's supposedly controlled by "conservatives" & Repubs rings very hollow to the people who have opened their eyes to see how corrupt the agencies have become & what we used to think of us allies are actually swamp RINOs playing a part in the UNiparty Kabuki Theatre.

That might have worked 6 years ago but no chance now.
We are fully aware of the rigged system now & these "allies" get no more second chances

I love watching Trump attack the F.B.I., historically a bastion of conservatism, from J. Edgar Hoover to today. However, no one who dare crosses Trump is immune, even the F.B.I.. We've seen Trump supporters violently attack the police on January 6th, 2021, and now they are going after the F.B.I..

Maybe it's time to remind Trump supporters about the F.B.I., and who runs it. I'm quite happy to let the former President continue to lash out at traditional allies as he tries to make the former Republican Party his own personal fiefdom.

Of all the weird and historically discordant moments and news stories of the Donald Trump era, few seem stranger than watching the former president and his allies demonize the F.B.I. as some sort of rogue “woke” Democratic deep state mob. This has been happening for several years now, but in the days since the F.B.I. searched Mr. Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago, the bureau has attracted particularly withering criticism for its supposedly leftist persecution of Mr. Trump, and Republicans have even begun to call to “defund the corrupt F.B.I.

Historically, though, the F.B.I. has been arguably the most culturally conservative and traditionally white Christian institution in the entire U.S. government. It’s an institution so culturally conservative, even by the standards of law enforcement, that Democratic presidents have never felt comfortable — or politically emboldened — enough to nominate a Democrat to head the bureau.

That’s right: Far from being a bastion of progressive thinking, every single director of the F.B.I. has been a Republican-aligned official, going all the way back to its creation. Such history suggests that the issue here is Mr. Trump and not institutional bias.

Its current director, Christopher Wray, who oversaw the agents conducting last week’s search of Mar-a-Lago, was nominated by Mr. Trump himself and came to the job with sterling Republican credentials: He was the head of the criminal division in George W. Bush’s Justice Department, a member of the conservative Federalist Society and a clerk for Judge J. Michael Luttig, a Republican judicial icon.

Mr. Wray replaced the F.B.I. director Mr. Trump fired, James Comey, who had been nominated by Barack Obama and was the former deputy attorney general of George W. Bush’s Justice Department. His predecessor Robert Mueller, who served in the Justice Department for both Bush presidencies, was nominated by George W. Bush.

And before them — from Louis Freeh (a George H.W. Bush judge) to the F.B.I.’s founder, J. Edgar Hoover — all of the F.B.I.’s directors were Republican-aligned officials.

If it’s run by conservatives, why do you like it so much?

You really have to love our government agencies. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will lie and go around the law. Nothing is sacred to them. But some feel they are the heart of perfection.

Trump is shady. That's why he talks bad about the FBI. If he wasn't shady he wouldn't have to look over his shoulder.

Why do you make superfluous assumptions?
Sorry about that.

So you agree that the FBI has been a corrupt entity since it’s founding. It’s goal has primarily been to protect the establishment that controls the government.

PS please don’t confused me with a Trumper.

Sorry about that.

So you agree that the FBI has been a corrupt entity since it’s founding. It’s goal has primarily been to protect the establishment that controls the government.

It has been corrupt, but not so much today, and to cast blanket aspersions such as "the F.B.I. is a completely corrupt organization" is as factually inaccurate as saying all cops will shoot black people, when the reality is only a minuscule number of police officers actually do, and often times, those shootings are justified.

I believe there is infinitely more corruption in the C.I.A. and the Federal government, because they are not trained in legal matters like the F.B.I. is.

That means absolutely nothing. All one needs to do is look at the corrupt bush tentacles within the fbi.

Who attacked thse police, fuckstick?

0266a2e8-e91d-4d5e-818b-52e0aa23d577-AP_Minneapolis_Police_Death_Chicago.jpg

ZS_BLM_5-30-4-1000x670.jpg

DSC_0161-750x450.jpg

D5IBXIFDYRODNPLP5JMEJVUP4I.jpg

Sadly, what was exposed during the Obama regime, was that some folks leading the FBI can easily be corrupted by the political whims of the folks leading the DOJ....especially when it's Demafasict running the show

Sorry about that.

you don't vote.

Forum List

Back