Trump acts like a child while everyone else stands for the anthem

Untrustworthy. He has been the most transparent president in my lifetime. He does it via Twitter so that the media cannot twist his words.

That’s not transparency. He’s been suppressing government information since he came into office. Visitor logs were withheld. We can’t even count how many Congressional requests he’s refused, subpoenas he’s blocked, testimony he refuses. There’s a record number of lawsuits stemming from FOIA requests that have been denied. He only does interviews with suck ups like Sean Hannity who is practically an extension of his administration. No press briefings. Non-disclosure agreements for everyone in the executive.

Twitter is not a substitute for government transparency. He has no obligation to be truthful or honest.

Link that please. When the press is 93% negative against you, I do not blame him for not being "transparent" in the old fashioned way.

PolitiFact - Is Donald Trump the most transparent president ever? No

Link to where it says that 93% of media is against him?

91%, 93%, or 95%, the media is in the bag for the dems.

If you deny that, all you are doing is letting everyone know to not take you seriously.
Depends on what you mean by “the media”. It’s so ambiguous that it’s practically meaningless.

No, it is not.

Good point.

Making a joke out of the anthem is disrespect.

Kneeling quietly is not showing respect.

Kneeling with the stated intent of disrespecting the symbol of America, is showing disrespect to America.

NOt showing proper respect, is not showing proper respect.

Both are bad. ONe is far worse.

Where was that stated?

Kneeling is quiet, not drawing attention to itself. It does not attempt to detract from other's decision to stand with their hand over their heart. It's not a sign of disrespect in and of itself. It's basically a sign of nonparticipation. It's literally the most respectful way to do so.

Pretending your conducting the band is a sign of disrespect. It is disruptive. It attempts to switch the attention away from the anthem and onto oneself. It actively attempts to detract from the anthem itself. Far worse in my mind.

I said that badly.

What I meant to say, was,

Kneeling, during a ritual where standing is done to show respect and unity to the symbol of the nation and the nation it represents, is an active expression of dis respect.

If there was any doubt about that, and there was not, there were later statements to clarify it, that the statement was directed at the nation as a whole.

Kneeling during a ritual where standing is done to show one thing, is showing the opposite.

Everyone knows that. YOu pretend otherwise, because you agree with the disrespect.

“Everyone knows that” is a lazy way to make a point.

It is not a sign of disrespect. It is non-participation. It is quiet. Reserved. It doesn’t call attention to itself. It is not intended to impede any one else’s actions. It is choosing not to show respect during a time when others choose to do so.

It’s not disrespect. It’s just not participating. There’s a difference.

I made my point, by pointing out the inherent message of doing the OPPOSITE of an action, in a ritual.

The bit where I said, "everyone knows it" was not about making the point, but about telling you that your denial was not credible.

Standing is done in the ritual to show respect. Doing the opposite of that, ie kneeling, is thus showing the opposite of respect, ie disrespect.

It is not non-participation. Non-participation would be not participating, not doing the opposite of the normal action done to show respect and unity.

It does completely call attention to itself. And if it did not, kaepernick later gave interviews where he called attention to his actions, and verbally clarified his actions to be a message about AMERICA as a whole.

YOur support of this expression of anti-Americanism, is just you supporting anti-Americanism.
Actually Kapernick didn’t call attention to himself. In fact, people didn’t notice for weeks until it was seen by a reporter and was asked about it in an interview later.

How does someone not participate without showing disrespect? This idea that he was “doing the opposite” seems awfully contrived. It seems like if he was doing anything other than standing for the anthem you could claim he was “doing the opposite”.

That’s not transparency. He’s been suppressing government information since he came into office. Visitor logs were withheld. We can’t even count how many Congressional requests he’s refused, subpoenas he’s blocked, testimony he refuses. There’s a record number of lawsuits stemming from FOIA requests that have been denied. He only does interviews with suck ups like Sean Hannity who is practically an extension of his administration. No press briefings. Non-disclosure agreements for everyone in the executive.

Twitter is not a substitute for government transparency. He has no obligation to be truthful or honest.

Link that please. When the press is 93% negative against you, I do not blame him for not being "transparent" in the old fashioned way.

If you deny that, all you are doing is letting everyone know to not take you seriously.
Depends on what you mean by “the media”. It’s so ambiguous that it’s practically meaningless.

No, it is not.
Sure it is. Does media cover internet? Radio? Who counts as media? Is it news? Opinion? Talk shows? Is Wendy Williams media? Is a blog media? How do you weigh media? Is a TV show worth the same as a YouTube video? Is a written column the same as a talk show? Meaningless.

Kneeling with the stated intent of disrespecting the symbol of America, is showing disrespect to America.

NOt showing proper respect, is not showing proper respect.

Both are bad. ONe is far worse.

Where was that stated?

Kneeling is quiet, not drawing attention to itself. It does not attempt to detract from other's decision to stand with their hand over their heart. It's not a sign of disrespect in and of itself. It's basically a sign of nonparticipation. It's literally the most respectful way to do so.

Pretending your conducting the band is a sign of disrespect. It is disruptive. It attempts to switch the attention away from the anthem and onto oneself. It actively attempts to detract from the anthem itself. Far worse in my mind.

I said that badly.

Kneeling, during a ritual where standing is done to show respect and unity to the symbol of the nation and the nation it represents, is an active expression of dis respect.

If there was any doubt about that, and there was not, there were later statements to clarify it, that the statement was directed at the nation as a whole.

Kneeling during a ritual where standing is done to show one thing, is showing the opposite.

Everyone knows that. YOu pretend otherwise, because you agree with the disrespect.

It is not a sign of disrespect. It is non-participation. It is quiet. Reserved. It doesn’t call attention to itself. It is not intended to impede any one else’s actions. It is choosing not to show respect during a time when others choose to do so.

I made my point, by pointing out the inherent message of doing the OPPOSITE of an action, in a ritual.

The bit where I said, "everyone knows it" was not about making the point, but about telling you that your denial was not credible.

Standing is done in the ritual to show respect. Doing the opposite of that, ie kneeling, is thus showing the opposite of respect, ie disrespect.

It is not non-participation. Non-participation would be not participating, not doing the opposite of the normal action done to show respect and unity.

It does completely call attention to itself. And if it did not, kaepernick later gave interviews where he called attention to his actions, and verbally clarified his actions to be a message about AMERICA as a whole.

YOur support of this expression of anti-Americanism, is just you supporting anti-Americanism.
Actually Kapernick didn’t call attention to himself. In fact, people didn’t notice for weeks until it was seen by a reporter and was asked about it in an interview later.

How does someone not participate without showing disrespect? This idea that he was “doing the opposite” seems awfully contrived. It seems like if he was doing anything other than standing for the anthem you could claim he was “doing the opposite”.

If it really seems that way to you, you need to check your assumptions.

You do not participate by not participating. If you participate and do the OPPOSITE of what is done to show respect and unity, you are showing the opposite of that.

If he refused to participate and said he would not participate because he refuses to show respect to America, I would consider him to still be an anti-American piece of shit.

If he did not participate, because he said he had a weak bladder and had to go to the bath room at the last minute, so he could last though the game, I would think he had prostrate issues.

It is hard to credit, that you don't understand this.

No, it is not.
Sure it is. Does media cover internet? Radio? Who counts as media? Is it news? Opinion? Talk shows? Is Wendy Williams media? Is a blog media? How do you weigh media? Is a TV show worth the same as a YouTube video? Is a written column the same as a talk show? Meaningless.

YOur desire to avoid the issue, by muddy the waters, is noted and denied.

Untrustworthy. He has been the most transparent president in my lifetime. He does it via Twitter so that the media cannot twist his words.

This media bias rating was determined using the following levels of bias verification:

• Editorial Review
  • Community Feedback: 4,256 ratings
  • Blind Survey
  • Third-Party Analysis
  • Independent Research
  • Confidence Level:
    Low or Initial Rating
Leans Left and Low Confidence Level - Your source is biased and untrustworthy. Sorry.

Harvard Study: CNN, NBC Trump Coverage 93% Negative | RealClearPolitics

Ah, the usual Trump hypocrisy. Acting like a jackass during the anthem is okay but kneeling is blasphemy!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article239913588.html
trump is the hypocritical president. Beloved by all hypocrites.
Singling out Republican hypocrisy while saying to people its all right to anything you want. Are you proud of the million abortions a year? Or the massive percentage of single parents? The high percentage of teenage pregnancies with no father around and many young women have multiple children with different fathers? The massive increases in sexual diseases with more medicine resistant strains. And HIV/AIDS which is a plague that is controlled. To you this is okay. Someone questions it and he has to be a lifelong celibate.

THe point is not to give a calculated message of anti-Americanism.

Trump is a course and sometimes vulgar man, with an off putting personality.

BUt he is at least, not an anti-American piece of shit.
Do you think the behavior in the video shows a respect for the country? I don’t.
Who shows respect for our country during a private Superbowl party? When have you ever in your life seen people stand for the anthem at a party?

Wow so now Trump is unAmerican?

Nothing's changed. He never was an American.
Never? So the America First and Make America Great Again slogans were just for show? His rallies state otherwise. The real issue is that for Leftists he is too pro America. That “vile and racist” country.

Who cares about manufactured propaganda slogans?

What can you say about somebody who wouldn't serve in the military, agrees with putin rather than our own security professionals, denigrates those federal employees who have served honorably over decades, refuses to follow our constitution and laws, lies about injuries to our troops, refuses his duty to cooperate with the legislative branch of government, hides what he is doing from the American People, who deserve transparency in the form of daily press briefings and reports, hides documents, destroys our international alliances, and takes please in constantly insulting Americans, and more? He is no American.
people like you said that about obama too....

This media bias rating was determined using the following levels of bias verification:

• Editorial Review
  • Community Feedback: 4,256 ratings
  • Blind Survey
  • Third-Party Analysis
  • Independent Research
  • Confidence Level:
    Low or Initial Rating
Leans Left and Low Confidence Level - Your source is biased and untrustworthy. Sorry.

Harvard Study: CNN, NBC Trump Coverage 93% Negative | RealClearPolitics
Obviously YOUR source is BIASED since the report actually said 80% and not 93%
From your own link;
The Harvard scholars analyzed the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and the main newscasts (not talk shows) of CBS, CNN, Fox and NBC during Trump's initial time in office. They found, to no one's surprise, that Trump absolutely dominated news coverage in the first 100 days. And then they found that news coverage was solidly negative — 80 percent negative among those outlets studied, versus 20 percent positive.

So if the coverage was actually 80% negative you wouldn't have exaggerated it to 93%.

You finally get it!
Explain how he is unAmerican. I know You meant it as a joke but there is always some truth in sarcasm
YOU are the one who said Tramp was unAmerican. Explain yourself!

You missed the question mark? It was not a statement, it was a question.
No I didn't, the Right have a habit of ending their STATEMENTS with a question mark to HIDE behind.

Where was that stated?

I said that badly.

If it really seems that way to you, you need to check your assumptions.

You do not participate by not participating. If you participate and do the OPPOSITE of what is done to show respect and unity, you are showing the opposite of that.

If he refused to participate and said he would not participate because he refuses to show respect to America, I would consider him to still be an anti-American piece of shit.

If he did not participate, because he said he had a weak bladder and had to go to the bath room at the last minute, so he could last though the game, I would think he had prostrate issues.

It is hard to credit, that you don't understand this.
Still trying to figure out how someone doesn't participate and not disrespect the country according to your arbitrary rules.

You finally get it!
Explain how he is unAmerican. I know You meant it as a joke but there is always some truth in sarcasm
YOU are the one who said Tramp was unAmerican. Explain yourself!

You missed the question mark? It was not a statement, it was a question.
No I didn't, the Right have a habit of ending their STATEMENTS with a question mark to HIDE behind.

I am an Independent. And it was a question. Hence the question mark. Maybe you should take an English class before posting your Leftist drivel.

Forum List

Back