Trump acts like a child while everyone else stands for the anthem

THe point is not to give a calculated message of anti-Americanism.

Trump is a course and sometimes vulgar man, with an off putting personality.

BUt he is at least, not an anti-American piece of shit.

Untrustworthy. He has been the most transparent president in my lifetime. He does it via Twitter so that the media cannot twist his words.

That’s not transparency. He’s been suppressing government information since he came into office. Visitor logs were withheld. We can’t even count how many Congressional requests he’s refused, subpoenas he’s blocked, testimony he refuses. There’s a record number of lawsuits stemming from FOIA requests that have been denied. He only does interviews with suck ups like Sean Hannity who is practically an extension of his administration. No press briefings. Non-disclosure agreements for everyone in the executive.

Twitter is not a substitute for government transparency. He has no obligation to be truthful or honest.

Do you think the behavior in the video shows a respect for the country? I don’t.

Do you think the behavior in the video shows a respect for the country? I don’t.

Nope. DOes not. And that is to his discredit.

Big difference between not showing respect, and an active showing of DISRESPECT.

Big difference between not showing respect, and an active showing of DISRESPECT.
Good point.

Making a joke out of the anthem is disrespect.

Kneeling quietly is not showing respect.

Good point.

Kneeling with the stated intent of disrespecting the symbol of America, is showing disrespect to America.

NOt showing proper respect, is not showing proper respect.

Both are bad. ONe is far worse.

Good point.

Kneeling with the stated intent of disrespecting the symbol of America, is showing disrespect to America.

Where was that stated?

Kneeling is quiet, not drawing attention to itself. It does not attempt to detract from other's decision to stand with their hand over their heart. It's not a sign of disrespect in and of itself. It's basically a sign of nonparticipation. It's literally the most respectful way to do so.

Pretending your conducting the band is a sign of disrespect. It is disruptive. It attempts to switch the attention away from the anthem and onto oneself. It actively attempts to detract from the anthem itself. Far worse in my mind.

Untrustworthy. He has been the most transparent president in my lifetime. He does it via Twitter so that the media cannot twist his words.

That’s not transparency. He’s been suppressing government information since he came into office. Visitor logs were withheld. We can’t even count how many Congressional requests he’s refused, subpoenas he’s blocked, testimony he refuses. There’s a record number of lawsuits stemming from FOIA requests that have been denied. He only does interviews with suck ups like Sean Hannity who is practically an extension of his administration. No press briefings. Non-disclosure agreements for everyone in the executive.

Twitter is not a substitute for government transparency. He has no obligation to be truthful or honest.

Link that please. When the press is 93% negative against you, I do not blame him for not being "transparent" in the old fashioned way.

If Trump is going to call out the NFL players who took a knee during the anthem, and even went as far as to call them son of bitches that should be fired, then why is it NOT a big deal when he doesn't act respectful during the national anthem himself?

Oh I'll tell you why... because his sycophants on this forum don't hold Trump to the same standard they do everyone else.
He wasn’t acting disrespectful. He certainly wasn’t sitting or kneeling. He pointed at someone for one second and at another point waved his hands for a few seconds as if conducting the music because he was so into it. Video is edited to make it look like that is all he did the entire song. He was NOT at the game, this was on a TV. Get a life.

Good point.

Where was that stated?

Kneeling is quiet, not drawing attention to itself. It does not attempt to detract from other's decision to stand with their hand over their heart. It's not a sign of disrespect in and of itself. It's basically a sign of nonparticipation. It's literally the most respectful way to do so.

Pretending your conducting the band is a sign of disrespect. It is disruptive. It attempts to switch the attention away from the anthem and onto oneself. It actively attempts to detract from the anthem itself. Far worse in my mind.

I said that badly.

What I meant to say, was,

Kneeling, during a ritual where standing is done to show respect and unity to the symbol of the nation and the nation it represents, is an active expression of dis respect.

If there was any doubt about that, and there was not, there were later statements to clarify it, that the statement was directed at the nation as a whole.

Kneeling during a ritual where standing is done to show one thing, is showing the opposite.

Everyone knows that. YOu pretend otherwise, because you agree with the disrespect.

Link that please. When the press is 93% negative against you, I do not blame him for not being "transparent" in the old fashioned way.

PolitiFact - Is Donald Trump the most transparent president ever? No

Link to where it says that 93% of media is against him?

91%, 93%, or 95%, the media is in the bag for the dems.

If you deny that, all you are doing is letting everyone know to not take you seriously.

Good point.

Where was that stated?

I said that badly.

Kneeling, during a ritual where standing is done to show respect and unity to the symbol of the nation and the nation it represents, is an active expression of dis respect.

If there was any doubt about that, and there was not, there were later statements to clarify it, that the statement was directed at the nation as a whole.

Kneeling during a ritual where standing is done to show one thing, is showing the opposite.

Everyone knows that. YOu pretend otherwise, because you agree with the disrespect.

“Everyone knows that” is a lazy way to make a point.

It is not a sign of disrespect. It is non-participation. It is quiet. Reserved. It doesn’t call attention to itself. It is not intended to impede any one else’s actions. It is choosing not to show respect during a time when others choose to do so.

It’s not disrespect. It’s just not participating. There’s a difference.

91%, 93%, or 95%, the media is in the bag for the dems.

If you deny that, all you are doing is letting everyone know to not take you seriously.
Depends on what you mean by “the media”. It’s so ambiguous that it’s practically meaningless.

It was a party. Nobody stands for the Anthem in their own home when it's played on T.V. Maybe he wasn't aware that it was on.

Good point.

Where was that stated?

I said that badly.

“Everyone knows that” is a lazy way to make a point.

It is not a sign of disrespect. It is non-participation. It is quiet. Reserved. It doesn’t call attention to itself. It is not intended to impede any one else’s actions. It is choosing not to show respect during a time when others choose to do so.

It’s not disrespect. It’s just not participating. There’s a difference.

I made my point, by pointing out the inherent message of doing the OPPOSITE of an action, in a ritual.

The bit where I said, "everyone knows it" was not about making the point, but about telling you that your denial was not credible.

Standing is done in the ritual to show respect. Doing the opposite of that, ie kneeling, is thus showing the opposite of respect, ie disrespect.

It is not non-participation. Non-participation would be not participating, not doing the opposite of the normal action done to show respect and unity.

It does completely call attention to itself. And if it did not, kaepernick later gave interviews where he called attention to his actions, and verbally clarified his actions to be a message about AMERICA as a whole.

YOur support of this expression of anti-Americanism, is just you supporting anti-Americanism.

Forum List

Back