trinism

Whereisup

Jul 28, 2013
What if neither monism nor dualism is true, but rather there are three subuniverses, each having a different set/cluster of dimensions? I will call this possibility "trinism".

The three subuniverses would interact because, while they are all quite different, they are all part of a more comprehensive universe.

The physical world would comprise a cluster of structural dimensions, which would be able to change in certain ways. Our brain would be in this structural subuniverse.

Our subjective experience would combine two subuniverses, a perceptual cluster and an action cluster. We don't perceive ourselves acting as clearly as we perceive colors, sounds, etc. However, we feel ourselves acting in a subtle way.

The first cluster would be comprised of subjective quality dimensions, such as colors, meanings, sounds, emotions, and so forth. Similar to the physical dimensions, there would be various ways in which this would change, independent of what we try to do.

The other subuniverse would comprise a cluster of actor/coordinator dimensions, which would cause various parts of the perceptual subuniverse to coordinate with various parts of the physical subuniverse.

Hopefully. I will be able to expand on this in my thinking before I die. I am ill enough that my death could come at any time, but with luck I might be able to get in a little more work on trinism. I doubt that I will be able to get far enough to be able to say if trinism is true or false, however. That will have to be done by others who follow me, if they become interested.

Jim

What if neither monism nor dualism is true, but rather there are three subuniverses, each having a different set/cluster of dimensions? I will call this possibility "trinism".

The three subuniverses would interact because, while they are all quite different, they are all part of a more comprehensive universe.

The physical world would comprise a cluster of structural dimensions, which would be able to change in certain ways. Our brain would be in this structural subuniverse.

Our subjective experience would combine two subuniverses, a perceptual cluster and an action cluster. We don't perceive ourselves acting as clearly as we perceive colors, sounds, etc. However, we feel ourselves acting in a subtle way.

The first cluster would be comprised of subjective quality dimensions, such as colors, meanings, sounds, emotions, and so forth. Similar to the physical dimensions, there would be various ways in which this would change, independent of what we try to do.

The other subuniverse would comprise a cluster of actor/coordinator dimensions, which would cause various parts of the perceptual subuniverse to coordinate with various parts of the physical subuniverse.

Hopefully. I will be able to expand on this in my thinking before I die. I am ill enough that my death could come at any time, but with luck I might be able to get in a little more work on trinism. I doubt that I will be able to get far enough to be able to say if trinism is true or false, however. That will have to be done by others who follow me, if they become interested.

Jim

What people see are only illusions that aren't real. They appear to be real but are only the result of processed energy, which are God's spoken thoughts.

Jim

What people see are only illusions that aren't real. They appear to be real but are only the result of processed energy, which are God's spoken thoughts.

That could be one of the directions the theory could go. In that case, the theory would be about the structure of illusions, for any illusions are real illusions.

Or again, it might turn out that the qualities of energy and form are not what we would call illusions.

As I noted, it is possible that trinism might not be true. I am at a very early stage in thinking about the model.

In general, I work as much as possible with the way information is processed or changes by itself. The information could be contained in any of a number of kinds of systems. The theories then are high level abstraction, using "high level" in a technical sense.

The general goal is to develop theories which would work in the idealism form of monism, the materialistic form of monism, dualism, and do forth, whichever turns out to be true in the end.

The possibility of trinism was suggested to me because when I compare perception and action, they seem to be quite different.

That they are quite different might mean that they are processes in two subuniverses, but then again, the differences might really not be important after all. The possibility of subuniverses is suggested by the requirement that complex percepts only occur in a system with a large number of dimensions.

When a complex image or other complex percept is perceived at a single instant, that is a situation in which a number of subjective pixels are perceived simultaneously. To be perceived simultaneously means that some aspect of each pixel must directly touch that same aspect of every other pixel directly at the same time. We can think of this as points-of-a-sort which all directly touch one another simultaneously. A system which can do this must exist in a minimum of one fewer dimension than the number of pixel aspects and the number of pixel aspects must be equal to the number of subjective pixels.

To understand this, consider a one dimensional space, a line. In that space a maximum of two points can touch one another simultaneously. Then in a two dimensional space, a plane, a maximum of three points can all directly touch one another at once. In a three dimensional space, a volume, a maximum of four points can all directly touch one another simultaneously. If you extend this, you will see that the number of points that can all directly touch one another in the same instant is equal to one more than the number of dimensions.

Now we can perceive images with a few thousand subjective pixels in any one instant, which must therefore be in a space of thousands of dimensions.

It is hard to imagine how this could be with ordinary space type dimensions. However, time is a dimension, even though it is different from a spatial dimensions. This strongly implies that other subjective properties might, like time, be dimensions too. We might have several redness dimensions, several
blueness dimensions, several middle-C dimensions, and so forth.

Note that the above is only suggested at this point, not proven.

Jim

Jim

That could be one of the directions the theory could go. In that case, the theory would be about the structure of illusions, for any illusions are real illusions.

Or again, it might turn out that the qualities of energy and form are not what we would call illusions.

As I noted, it is possible that trinism might not be true. I am at a very early stage in thinking about the model.

In general, I work as much as possible with the way information is processed or changes by itself. The information could be contained in any of a number of kinds of systems. The theories then are high level abstraction, using "high level" in a technical sense.

The general goal is to develop theories which would work in the idealism form of monism, the materialistic form of monism, dualism, and do forth, whichever turns out to be true in the end.

The possibility of trinism was suggested to me because when I compare perception and action, they seem to be quite different.

That they are quite different might mean that they are processes in two subuniverses, but then again, the differences might really not be important after all. The possibility of subuniverses is suggested by the requirement that complex percepts only occur in a system with a large number of dimensions.

When a complex image or other complex percept is perceived at a single instant, that is a situation in which a number of subjective pixels are perceived simultaneously. To be perceived simultaneously means that some aspect of each pixel must directly touch that same aspect of every other pixel directly at the same time. We can think of this as points-of-a-sort which all directly touch one another simultaneously. A system which can do this must exist in a minimum of one fewer dimension than the number of pixel aspects and the number of pixel aspects must be equal to the number of subjective pixels.

To understand this, consider a one dimensional space, a line. In that space a maximum of two points can touch one another simultaneously. Then in a two dimensional space, a plane, a maximum of three points can all directly touch one another at once. In a three dimensional space, a volume, a maximum of four points can all directly touch one another simultaneously. If you extend this, you will see that the number of points that can all directly touch one another in the same instant is equal to one more than the number of dimensions.

Now we can perceive images with a few thousand subjective pixels in any one instant, which must therefore be in a space of thousands of dimensions.

It is hard to imagine how this could be with ordinary space type dimensions. However, time is a dimension, even though it is different from a spatial dimensions. This strongly implies that other subjective properties might, like time, be dimensions too. We might have several redness dimensions, several
blueness dimensions, several middle-C dimensions, and so forth.

Note that the above is only suggested at this point, not proven.

Jim

Man keeps on trying to explain what he sees and this is why they are called theories. Theories are NOT the Truth.

We saints explain our invisible created existence as the thoughts of our Creator within His mind. We know that what we see are only illusions that appear real because of processed energy, which is God's invisible spoken thoughts.

Jim

Hang in there Jim, incredible changes are coming soon and you wont wanna miss them. :)

Forum List

Back