Tribal Epistemology

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Information is evaluated based not on evidence or a common understanding of the world, but on whether it supports the tribe’s values and goals. “Good for our side” and “true” begin to blur into one.

Information is evaluated based not on evidence or a common understanding of the world, but on whether it supports the tribe’s values and goals. “Good for our side” and “true” begin to blur into one.

and I thought jbender had the biggest projection thread I have ever seen,,,

As I keep saying, "I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

The left is done with freedom and our constitution and bill of rights....this was predictable...they are losing and they know it and they must try and silence all opposition....
This is the same lie Rush told you guys about the Liberals, Media, Scientists and Education. He's brainwashed you completely.

Thanks for explaining prog psychology.

I dont know how to respond to that,,
I was watching a show called Adam Ruins Everything. He did an episode on the Media. Now I may not agree with you that the media is lying to you for me, but I do now agree the media isn't perfect and in a lot of ways is contributing to why things suck. Pushing sensationalized news that divides us because it's good for ratings. Things like that.

So I'm pro media but also I get it when you say the media is lying or doesn't always get it right. Very true.

How was it a lie?
Conservative media sifted through the emails, stripping individual sentences and phrases out of context and spinning them to look sinister, as though scientists were coordinating and manipulating results.

No fewer than five separate investigations later cleared the scientists of any wrongdoing, but by then, for a large class of right-wing media consumers, it was already settled history, part of shared lore.

“What this fraud, what the uncovering of this hoax, exposes,” he said, “is the corruption that exists between government and academia and science and the media. Science has been corrupted. We know the media has been corrupted for a long time. Academia has been corrupted. None of what they do is real. It’s all lies!”

He called these institutions — government, academia, science, and media — the “Four Corners of Deceit.”

So based on a lie, he got you to swallow this entire thing. Today, you hate Government, Academia, Science and the Media.

Rush/Trump have you all brainwashed.

I was watching a show called Adam Ruins Everything. He did an episode on the Media. Now I may not agree with you that the media is lying to you for me, but I do now agree the media isn't perfect and in a lot of ways is contributing to why things suck. Pushing sensationalized news that divides us because it's good for ratings. Things like that.

So I'm pro media but also I get it when you say the media is lying or doesn't always get it right. Very true.
I never said that,,

as for pro media thats confusing to me,, all media is biased and has an agenda because all of it is made up of people,,
so the best approach is for reader to beware and trust nothing,,

Conservative media sifted through the emails, stripping individual sentences and phrases out of context and spinning them to look sinister, as though scientists were coordinating and manipulating results.

No fewer than five separate investigations later cleared the scientists of any wrongdoing, but by then, for a large class of right-wing media consumers, it was already settled history, part of shared lore.

“What this fraud, what the uncovering of this hoax, exposes,” he said, “is the corruption that exists between government and academia and science and the media. Science has been corrupted. We know the media has been corrupted for a long time. Academia has been corrupted. None of what they do is real. It’s all lies!”

He called these institutions — government, academia, science, and media — the “Four Corners of Deceit.”

So based on a lie, he got you to swallow this entire thing. Today, you hate Government, Academia, Science and the Media.

Rush/Trump have you all brainwashed.
what you just said but exactly opposite,,

I never said that,,

as for pro media thats confusing to me,, all media is biased and has an agenda because all of it is made up of people,,
so the best approach is for reader to beware and trust nothing,,
Yes everyone has bias' but I'm pro media because the media is not the enemy of me. A corrupt government is my biggest concern. And who's going to expose a corrupt government? The media.

If the media goes after Biden, I will not disregard any and all information they give me and call it Fake News. All while making up my own fake news like fast and furious or spygate or make a big deal out of Hillary's emails and then ignore the fact that both Trump and Bush deleted emails and shredded evidence.

Forum List

Back