Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

Oh, and just how do people in civilized countries defend themselves against criminals?

In civilized countries, you cannot shoot someone in defence of your property, only in defence of your own life. Property can be insured/replaced, lives cannot, and that includes the life of those who are looting.

Civilized societies value life, not property.

So, civilized countries do allow firearms ownership, you just can't defend your property, only your life. Do civilized societies value life so much that abortions are banned?

I hope you do not count yourself as being civilized
You condemn me (or pretend to) for a transient fantasy used only to express irony -- but gun-toting, violent savages like you and Zimmerman, not only fantasize, but act on your fantasies, turning the United States into a slaughter-house and hacking away at the foundations of American society and at the foundations of civilization itself!!

I regard such television-crazed, violence-prone sociopaths, who treat guns and violence as a joke, to be the worst traitors to America who have ever darkened the pages of its history.

Zimmerman a savage?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You condemn me (or pretend to) for a transient fantasy used only to express irony -- but gun-toting, violent savages like you and Zimmerman, not only fantasize, but act on your fantasies, turning the United States into a slaughter-house and hacking away at the foundations of American society and at the foundations of civilization itself!!

I regard such television-crazed, violence-prone sociopaths, who treat guns and violence as a joke, to be the worst traitors to America who have ever darkened the pages of its history.

This from a member of the group that demands the "sacrifice" of a man not yet properly adjudicated in a court of law in order to quell threatened riots by the "civilized" among us.

Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

------------------------------------------------

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim | Fox News

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.

Very odd to have a civil settlement before the criminal case is completed. This leads me to think that the Trayvon Martins realize there is no case against Zimmerman.

Or that the homeowners association wants to set the figure while Zimmerman still has the presumption of innocence....

Crump knows that someone has to pay the $47,000 hotel bill and other expenses Al Sharpton and his Pimpones ran up while down there. Crump has expenses to pay also as he has received NO FEES to date in this matter.
His incompetence has the Martin family settling for pennies on the dollar.
And the mental midgets here give him a free pass because he IS BLACK.

After taxes and figuring inflation $1 million works out to about $200,000.00. Since Trayvan was shot the buying power of the dollar has shrunk by 15% so multiply $200k by .85 which leaves his parents with about $170k. They can spend that in a year.

The government gets 60% and the lawyers get half of what's left.

Course with Trayvan off the street nobody gets beat up or murdered.

No wonder you have a problem running your rental business....

You suck at math.

[

What you need is not material.
It is what the jury needs after a Judge decides what evidence that is tendered as evidence by either side during a trial is ADMITTED as evidence.
I do this for a living and you are the one that watches too much TV.
None of it gets before the jury until the Judge admits it and most of it will be argued over.

You really think there is a jury that isn't going to go into this case already knowing whatever facts a judge wants to omit?

Or that any judge isn't going to be just as keen to sacrifice Zimmerman to the mob as the REPUBLICAN political class in Florida.

This is what you don't get. The powers that be have decided George Zimmerman is expendable.

YOu gun nuts are just gonna have to deal.

Without us to protect your pathetic ass you would be next after Zimmerman for them to weed out.
With you, no doubt, leading the pack of hysterical mental incompetents.

Either lead, follow or get out of the way.
I was busting up student body sweeps right before you were born.
Sticks and stones Moe. Keep it coming, you are an absolute riot.
Love the photo of a handicapped science guru you sport. Original.

[

What you need is not material.
It is what the jury needs after a Judge decides what evidence that is tendered as evidence by either side during a trial is ADMITTED as evidence.
I do this for a living and you are the one that watches too much TV.
None of it gets before the jury until the Judge admits it and most of it will be argued over.

You really think there is a jury that isn't going to go into this case already knowing whatever facts a judge wants to omit?

Or that any judge isn't going to be just as keen to sacrifice Zimmerman to the mob as the REPUBLICAN political class in Florida.

This is what you don't get. The powers that be have decided George Zimmerman is expendable.

YOu gun nuts are just gonna have to deal.

You are an idiot on the law Joe. Nothing you state makes any sense.
The Judge sitting to hear this case looks moderate to liberal to me.
No big deal. No such thing as "the powers that be" in a jury trial.
I believe he will get a fair trial. Correction, I would HOPE he would get a fair trial.
And anyone that claims to be a fair minded American that believes in the rule of law wants a fair and impartial jury.
Sacrifices are for Mayans and witches. George Zimmerman and every other defendant in this country has the rule of law behind them.
But you are Exhibit A of what is wrong with Americans Joe. You support mob rule as that is all you know.
Society wants a fair trial.
Not here though as Jesus would have been crucified faster than he was 2000 years ago here.

[

I believe he will get a fair trial. Correction, I would HOPE he would get a fair trial.
And anyone that claims to be a fair minded American that believes in the rule of law wants a fair and impartial jury.
Sacrifices are for Mayans and witches. George Zimmerman and every other defendant in this country has the rule of law behind them.
But you are Exhibit A of what is wrong with Americans Joe. You support mob rule as that is all you know.
Not here though as Jesus would have been crucified faster than he was 2000 years ago here.

Whenever someone involved in our abortion of a justice system talks about a "fair trial", it usually means, "What can I get away with if we have money?"

Puh-Lease, guy. Courts are shows to convince people there is justice.

Zimmerman shot a child because he was a racist. And, yeah, the system is ready to serve him up for the good of public peace.

I personally have no problem with this, beause he was a scumbag, racist wannabe thug.

[

Whenever someone involved in our abortion of a justice system talks about a "fair trial", it usually means, "What can I get away with if we have money?"

Puh-Lease, guy. Courts are shows to convince people there is justice.

Zimmerman shot a child because he was a racist. And, yeah, the system is ready to serve him up for the good of public peace.

I personally have no problem with this, beause he was a scumbag, racist wannabe thug.

A racist is someone that believes their race is superior to another or all others. Enroll at your local community college and learn some basic English language skills to educate yourself.

The courts are run and controlled by CITIZENS. I worked 2 cases that went to trial LAST WEEK. One was a nickel dime reefer case where the prosecution found 3 grams of weed in a baggie with weed and a pipe in a car in the backseat with 3 idiots in the car. One took a plea and the prosecution prosecuted the driver as their argument was the one guy that took the plea ONLY plead to the pipe and the week belonged to the driver.

THE JURY FOUND OUR DEFENDANT NOT GUILTY. And this was one of my appointed indigent defense cases where I work for 1/3 of my fee.

JURIES are folks like you Joe. Now I believe that in Chicago where you live is run by corrupt union bosses there are still ways to avoid jury duty.
Not here. The JURY spoke last week on a BS weed case and the jury will on the Zimmerman case.
Amazing anyone with half a brain would believe our court system, the best in the world, is a show.

Indeed there is no place in civilised society for gang bangers, inner city thugs, and violent neanderthals that use weapons while committing vicious crimes. These animals should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and then some.....

Their "child" assaulted the wrong guy.

They should have had to pay the Zimmermans for a box of ammo.

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.

I just read a little bit of this thread and I dont understand two things...

How this issue is divided completely along party lines. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with party affiliation.

Which brings me to my second point. Why is this in politics to begin with?

Perhaps for the same reason your Boudin thread was.

How this issue is divided completely along party lines. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with party affiliation.

Oh, and just how do people in civilized countries defend themselves against criminals?

In civilized countries, you cannot shoot someone in defence of your property, only in defence of your own life. Property can be insured/replaced, lives cannot, and that includes the life of those who are looting.

Civilized societies value life, not property.

Homeowner shot a man in the head Wednesday morning for trying to steal a potted plant from his front yard. - "The suspect, in his 40s, was taken to an area hospital. Police said he will be charged with theft and possibly burglary. Benavides said the homeowner is being questioned but will not likely be charged. "At this point he is protected because he was trying to prevent theft on his property," Benavides said."

Texas Man Cleared Of Wrongdoing In Killing One Car Thief And Wounding Another

Man evicted for shooting thief - "Rather than watching strangers steal and destroy his possessions, the man ran outside and fired his shotgun five or six times, according to the report. He managed to hit one of the suspects. He is not facing charges. “Texas law states you can protect your personal property, even if it’s deadly force,”"

Last edited:

Everything surrounding her is political. This? I don't see the political side.

Because President Obama, Al Sharpton, MSNBC & CNN used lying propaganda turning it into a political football that has incited riots & reprisal crimes. More riots have been threatened if Zimmerman is not convicted.

It was made political on day one, between the media and the president its always been political.

Everything surrounding her is political. This? I don't see the political side.

Forum List

Back