Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

Traykoon martin was a thug who was looking for a fight and he lost. :clap2:

his parents done a poor job of raising him and do NOT deserve one cent for his "mistake" :evil:

I just read a little bit of this thread and I dont understand two things...

How this issue is divided completely along party lines. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with party affiliation.

Which brings me to my second point. Why is this in politics to begin with?

Because it completely divided among political party lines.

his parents done a poor job of raising him and do NOT deserve one cent for his "mistake" :evil:

My cousin was hit by a tractor trailer and killed.
My uncle did a poor job raising him.
Under your theory he does not deserve compensation for the death of his son.

Martin won the fight, but he just could not control his rage. He continued to beat Zimmerman as he was screaming for help. That was grounds to us a guns lethal force against an unarmed attacker.

Martin won the fight, but he just could not control his rage. He continued to beat Zimmerman as he was screaming for help. That was grounds to us a guns lethal force against an unarmed attacker.

Martin's dead, I think that's a pretty good indication that he lost the fight.

(Whether he started the aggression or if Zimmerman started the aggression is something the Jury will have to decide.)

>>>>

Only al sharpton, jesse jackson, the naacp and the OJ jury know the truth..............and their marxist media bootlickers of course.......

(Whether he started the aggression or if Zimmerman started the aggression is something the Jury will have to decide.)

It is unknown who started the fight. It is impossible to prove Zimmerman attacked Martin because Martin's body did not have a mark on it except for the fatal bullet wound. Even so according to Florida law even if you start a fight & then get beaten, you can shoot the person you attacked if he continues to beat you after you stopped fighting, retreated or indicated you are retreating.

Last edited:

It is unknown who started the fight. According to Florida law even if you start a fight & then get beaten, you can shoot the person you attacked if he continues to beat you after you stopped fighting, retreated or indicated you are retreating.

That's true, it is unknown. As I said, that is a factor that the Jury will have to decide upon.

On the other hand if the Jury were to believe that Zimmerman retreated, but then shot Martin, then that would not be an acceptable exemption under Florida Law to the initial aggressor provision. There is forensic evidence that may indicate Zimmerman and Martin were not in the close struggle that Zimmerman described at the moment the shot was fired. We'll have to wait to see (a) how the evidence is presented in court, and (b) what the expert testimony says about it.

>>>>

There's not a person on these boards who knows how this all went down. Creating a fictional narrative to support your political position is stupid.

AGAIN - Why is this thread on a political board?

There's not a person on these boards who knows how this all went down. Creating a fictional narrative to support your political position is stupid.

AGAIN - Why is this thread on a political board?

The fictional narrative was put forth by President Obama, Al Sharpton, MSNBC & CNN. They created their lying propaganda turning it into a political football that has incited riots & reprisal crimes. More riots have been threatened if Zimmerman is not convicted.

8637143569_4a1da59b74_z.jpg

Last edited:

How this issue is divided completely along party lines. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with party affiliation.

It's probably in 'politics' exactly because of the division of opinion you observe.

As a conservative, I'm watching for a fair trial during which facts, some we are not aware of, may come to light that will clarify the events of that night. That Zimmerman shot Martin has never been contested, why Zimmerman felt compelled to shoot will explain and possibly exonerate his actions. I find it repugnant that parents "cash in" on a "child's" death. No amount of money would replace Martin, or bring him back. I might change my opinion about the payoff if news became available that reported Martin's parents had started some memorial program in his name, or contributed those funds to Martin's favorite charity.

My perception of the liberals' view of this incident:
Zimmerman is guilty of shooting an upstanding young black "child" who is innocent of any action that precipitated his death. Regardless of why Zimmerman fired or the findings of the court, he must be "sacrificed" in order to quell the rioting and destruction promised by a portion of the black community. Liberals appear far less concerned about justice under the law of the land as they are concerned with justice under mob rule.
As far as Martin's family receiving monetary remuneration for his death, liberals seem to feel that is their right. The more money they can get, the greater the perceived "punishment" and possibility that said punishment will deter further participation in events leading up to and concurrent with Martin's death. I.E. Having the HOA insurance pay a cash settlement may deter their having another Neighborhood Watch member patrolling their enclave to maintain the safety of the residents.

Because the United States is now a totally corrupt, mentally deranged, Failed State.

Their "child" assaulted the wrong guy.

They should have had to pay the Zimmermans for a box of ammo.

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.

Actually, I do not believe anyone can pay any amount of money that will substitute for Trayvon's life. That's why such lawsuits make me sick. The parents are more concerned about the money they can get for their son's death than they are about the fact that their son died.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.

Actually, I do not believe anyone can pay any amount of money that will substitute for Trayvon's life. That's why such lawsuits make me sick. The parents are more concerned about the money they can get for their son's death than they are about the fact that their son died.

Speculation with no proof to back it up.
Lose a child to someone else's negligence and get back to us.
Next car wreck you are in and your car is totaled turn down the insurance money.
And if they do not offer you what it is worth since lawsuits make you sick do not file suit and take what they offer.
Insurance companies OFFER THE COVERAGE. And when there is a negligent act UNDER THE COVERAGE what, you would turn it down?
Sure, right.
You believe the insurance companies are fair and just offer it without filing suit?

Next car wreck you are in and your car is totaled turn down the insurance money.
And if they do not offer you what it is worth since lawsuits make you sick do not file suit and take what they offer.
Insurance companies OFFER THE COVERAGE. And when there is a negligent act UNDER THE COVERAGE what, you would turn it down?
Sure, right.
You believe the insurance companies are fair and just offer it without filing suit?

Nice try. The last car accident I was in, they paid for the loss of my car, what my car was worth at the time. None of us was injured. We didn't demand any kind of retribution for the accident, our lost time, etc. Only the amount our car was worth at the time of the accident, it cost us a lot of money to replace our car.

Their is no way to replace their son. The very first thing the mother did was patent Trayvon's name in various forms. It's obvious they weren't in morning for him, they just want the money. The kid deserved better. I hate that there are parents like that out there. Face it, if Trayvon's parents had really cared, he wouldn't have been wandering around alone after dark after having been suspended from school (especially for the THIRD time that year). He would have been GROUNDED. And when his father got home and Trayvon wasn't there, he would have checked everywhere including the hospitals and the police to find him. He didn't. He just "assumed" Trayvon spent the night at a friend's house.

Sure, right.

Nice try. The last car accident I was in, they paid for the loss of my car, what my car was worth at the time. None of us was injured. We didn't demand any kind of retribution for the accident, our lost time, etc. Only the amount our car was worth at the time of the accident, it cost us a lot of money to replace our car.

Their is no way to replace their son. The very first thing the mother did was patent Trayvon's name in various forms. It's obvious they weren't in morning for him, they just want the money. The kid deserved better. I hate that there are parents like that out there. Face it, if Trayvon's parents had really cared, he wouldn't have been wandering around alone after dark after having been suspended from school (especially for the THIRD time that year). He would have been GROUNDED. And when his father got home and Trayvon wasn't there, he would have checked everywhere including the hospitals and the police to find him. He didn't. He just "assumed" Trayvon spent the night at a friend's house.

How do you know how this family feels towards their son?

None of what you post has anything to do with the FACT that the home owners association allowed an untrained man with a history of making bad decisions carry a gun on their property and act as an agent of theirs which resulted in the death of someone on their property.

Let me appeal to your reason and common sense:
UNDER THE LAW IN EVERY STATE, proximate cause determines liability.
George Zimmerman was the proximate cause of the death of Trayvon Martin.
That makes the home owners association liable and they HAD AN INSURANCE POLICY THEY BOUGHT with that SPECIFIC language in it.
Nothing to do with how his parents treated him or the fact they did not discipline him enough.
EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ZIMMERMAN NOT BEING DISCIPLINED BY THE HOA.

No training, no backup, nothing the HOA did to make sure Zimmerman knew what he was doing.
Does not make it a criminal case but under the civil law of this country the HOA specifically bought a policy that had specific language that if an agent of theirs that SHOULD HAVE BEEN under their control and wasn't kills someone whether it is self defense or not then they are liable for the damages.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Just because YOU believe a claim should not be made means nothing. The law has been this way for a long time.
I commend and applaud the Martin family for making the claim. Because NOW the HOA will THINK TWICE and NOT allow another Zimmerman to carry a gun untrained on their property.
The insurance settlement WILL SAVE LIVES.

[

A racist is someone that believes their race is superior to another or all others. Enroll at your local community college and learn some basic English language skills to educate yourself.

The courts are run and controlled by CITIZENS. I worked 2 cases that went to trial LAST WEEK. One was a nickel dime reefer case where the prosecution found 3 grams of weed in a baggie with weed and a pipe in a car in the backseat with 3 idiots in the car. One took a plea and the prosecution prosecuted the driver as their argument was the one guy that took the plea ONLY plead to the pipe and the week belonged to the driver.

THE JURY FOUND OUR DEFENDANT NOT GUILTY. And this was one of my appointed indigent defense cases where I work for 1/3 of my fee.

JURIES are folks like you Joe. Now I believe that in Chicago where you live is run by corrupt union bosses there are still ways to avoid jury duty.
Not here. The JURY spoke last week on a BS weed case and the jury will on the Zimmerman case.
Amazing anyone with half a brain would believe our court system, the best in the world, is a show.

Guy, I would never want my fate decided by 12 dumb-fuck, reality TV show watching shitheads who couldn't get out of jury duty because they had nothing better to do in their lives.

So someone paid you to produce evidence and that's what you did, eh? Because honestly, if you think that Zimmerman's going to be prosecuted by the barely passed the bar underachiever you usually face in the sleazy cases you work, you are deluded.

Top Notch prosecutors are going to put this guy away. And frankly, his asshattery isn't helping his case. He's already pissed off the judge by lying to him.

Forum List

Back