Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

[

A racist is someone that believes their race is superior to another or all others. Enroll at your local community college and learn some basic English language skills to educate yourself.

The courts are run and controlled by CITIZENS. I worked 2 cases that went to trial LAST WEEK. One was a nickel dime reefer case where the prosecution found 3 grams of weed in a baggie with weed and a pipe in a car in the backseat with 3 idiots in the car. One took a plea and the prosecution prosecuted the driver as their argument was the one guy that took the plea ONLY plead to the pipe and the week belonged to the driver.

THE JURY FOUND OUR DEFENDANT NOT GUILTY. And this was one of my appointed indigent defense cases where I work for 1/3 of my fee.

JURIES are folks like you Joe. Now I believe that in Chicago where you live is run by corrupt union bosses there are still ways to avoid jury duty.
Not here. The JURY spoke last week on a BS weed case and the jury will on the Zimmerman case.
Amazing anyone with half a brain would believe our court system, the best in the world, is a show.

Guy, I would never want my fate decided by 12 dumb-fuck, reality TV show watching shitheads who couldn't get out of jury duty because they had nothing better to do in their lives.

So someone paid you to produce evidence and that's what you did, eh? Because honestly, if you think that Zimmerman's going to be prosecuted by the barely passed the bar underachiever you usually face in the sleazy cases you work, you are deluded.

Top Notch prosecutors are going to put this guy away. And frankly, his asshattery isn't helping his case. He's already pissed off the judge by lying to him.

Do you know how stupid you sound Joe?
Your assumptions are typical know it all Joe, Jack off of all trades and master of none.

So you get arrested for a crime you did not do and you do not want a jury.
Just go ahead and plead guilty because you do not trust a jury.
You are a complete fool Joe.

BTW, I do not face prosecutors you kook. I face the full power of the government and their law enforcement.
And you are too ignorant to know that government must be kept in check.
You trust government over the jury system in your ignorance.

I just read a little bit of this thread and I dont understand two things...

How this issue is divided completely along party lines. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with party affiliation.

Which brings me to my second point. Why is this in politics to begin with?

i do not know if zimmerman is guilty or not

however i do support his right to due process even though he is a democrat

so it is not a party line issue for me

unless one looks at it from a

rights supporter verses a fights denier

which falls more along party lines

[

Do you know how stupid you sound Joe?
Your assumptions are typical know it all Joe, Jack off of all trades and master of none.

So you get arrested for a crime you did not do and you do not want a jury.
Just go ahead and plead guilty because you do not trust a jury.
You are a complete fool Joe.

BTW, I do not face prosecutors you kook. I face the full power of the government and their law enforcement.
And you are too ignorant to know that government must be kept in check.
You trust government over the jury system in your ignorance.

Guy, I never met a PI who wasn't the epitome of sleaze. Nothing you've said here has altered that opinion.

Fact is, if by some misfortune I got accused of a crime, I'd take a bench trial. The two times I've been called for Jury duty convinced me that it's an awful system.

How this issue is divided completely along party lines. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with party affiliation.

It's not a matter of rights, guy.

It's a matter of facts.

Trayvon is dead, Zimmerman shot him.

This is really the end of the story. The only question is, can sleazy lawyers and sleazier private investigators get him off the hook by fooling 12 knobs too stupid to get out of jury duty?

I hope not, because we'll have race riots and the next asshole who thinks he's the Punisher will try the same thing.

of course it is

anything less is un American

Their "child" assaulted the wrong guy.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.

Actually, I do not believe anyone can pay any amount of money that will substitute for Trayvon's life. That's why such lawsuits make me sick. The parents are more concerned about the money they can get for their son's death than they are about the fact that their son died.

You've got serious issues.

:cuckoo:

Fucking horrible people.

of course it is

No, what's American is justice.

Fact is, if Zimmerman was a black guy who shot an unarmed white kid, he'd been pled out by now to avoid a needle.

And this is TOO American. People of color enjoy less "justice" than white people do. And less "rights", for that matter.

Most of us shouldn't be afraid that if we send our kid out to the 7-11, someone is going to shoot him because he was "looking suspicious". We wouldn't need the federal government to get local authorities to do an actual investigation.

Their "child" assaulted the wrong guy.

Actually, I do not believe anyone can pay any amount of money that will substitute for Trayvon's life. That's why such lawsuits make me sick. The parents are more concerned about the money they can get for their son's death than they are about the fact that their son died.

You've got serious issues.

:cuckoo:

Fucking horrible people.
It's downright sickening. Some months back that skank wrote this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Againsheila
... It's almost as if they wanted their son dead.
I can't imagine what it must be like living with that kind of poisonous venom in your soul.

of course it is

Fact is, if Zimmerman was a black guy who shot an unarmed white kid, he'd been pled out by now to avoid a needle.

And this is TOO American. People of color enjoy less "justice" than white people do. And less "rights", for that matter.

Most of us shouldn't be afraid that if we send our kid out to the 7-11, someone is going to shoot him because he was "looking suspicious". We wouldn't need the federal government to get local authorities to do an actual investigation.

cant have justice

without due process

of course it is

cant have justice

without due process

He's getting due process. He will be prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned.

Not seeing a problem here.

Again, if he was a black guy who shot an unarmed white kid, would we REALLY be having this conversation?

cant have justice

without due process

Again, if he was a black guy who shot an unarmed white kid, would we REALLY be having this conversation?

yes

of course it is

Posting this because I just saw it, and your comment motivated me to share:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-v2n62C9k"]Public reaction to white male vs black male stealing a bike - YouTube[/ame]

cant have justice

without due process

No way, no how> we'd never even know their names.

Come on, you can try to spin it all day, Zimmerman screwed up. He created a situation and a black kid died.

And now he needs to be sacrificed for civil peace.

I have no problem with that. It wasn't like he was going to cure cancer or something.
I do like to read the comments of someone who is both a realist and honest.

It makes such a refreshing change from the delusion and hypocrisy of so many people here.

Don't be naive....

This guy isn't worth the race riots that are going to happen if he's acquitted.
Some people think it would be good if people who are as stupid as Zimmerman were weeded out of the human race.

Of course, very likely it was not genetic defects that made him as dopey as he is. It might have been environmental factors, like his mother drinking alcohol when she was pregnant, or his growing up in such a toxic environment as the United States.
Zimmerman's best buddy (who was on the scene the night of the killing, who harbored him before he was arrested and who helped teach Z to shoot) was a former Sanford Police Deputy.

His name is Osterman, and his FDLE deposition describes how Zimmerman's mother would beat the livin' crap out of Z as a child, and his father never did a thing.

Speculation with no proof to back it up.
Lose a child to someone else's negligence and get back to us.
Next car wreck you are in and your car is totaled turn down the insurance money.
And if they do not offer you what it is worth since lawsuits make you sick do not file suit and take what they offer.
Insurance companies OFFER THE COVERAGE. And when there is a negligent act UNDER THE COVERAGE what, you would turn it down?
Sure, right.
You believe the insurance companies are fair and just offer it without filing suit?

Nice try. The last car accident I was in, they paid for the loss of my car, what my car was worth at the time. None of us was injured. We didn't demand any kind of retribution for the accident, our lost time, etc. Only the amount our car was worth at the time of the accident, it cost us a lot of money to replace our car.

Their is no way to replace their son. The very first thing the mother did was patent Trayvon's name in various forms. It's obvious they weren't in morning for him, they just want the money. The kid deserved better. I hate that there are parents like that out there. Face it, if Trayvon's parents had really cared, he wouldn't have been wandering around alone after dark after having been suspended from school (especially for the THIRD time that year). He would have been GROUNDED. And when his father got home and Trayvon wasn't there, he would have checked everywhere including the hospitals and the police to find him. He didn't. He just "assumed" Trayvon spent the night at a friend's house.

Let me put to you this way from 5 cases I have worked on in the last 15 years:

1. An electrical company was hired to re-wire an office building. 3 weeks after the completion the entire building burned down. There were 3 offices in this building but only 2 were occupied. The entire offices were destroyed along with all of the property in each office. Total loss was 70K in one and 45K in the other along with lost revenues until these companies could start back their business after they moved which is another part of the claim. Fire marshall and all other investigations revealed faulty wiring on the electrical job caused the fire.

2. A man was addicted to prescription dope and took a plea to do one year in prison for prescription fraud. A boiler exploded in the prison and killed him. He had a wife and 3 kids.

3. A mobile ice cream truck was selling ice cream in a neighborhood. Kids were buying ice cream and the driver sold to numerous kids there. The driver backed up and hit one of the kids and killed him, 8 years old.

4. An art exhibit was held in a gallery in Atlanta. The art belonged to an estate where the man had died. The family had inherited it. The art gallery was transporting the art work from the family residence to their gallery and the panel truck flipped over in an accident and the sheet metal cracked. It was raining that day and half of the art was ruined. 3 different appraisals had the art lost at $750K.

5. An apartment complex maintenance facility had propane stored there. The tanks were old and rusty. Kids were riding their bicycles in the parking lot near it and one of the tanks exploded killing one of the kids.

Tell us who should be compensated and why.
Your claim is that the kids can not be brought back so no one should collect.
Should the family be able to collect on the art work because no one can bring that back?
Should the family of the man in prison be able to collect because they can not make up for his life?
Should the families of the kids collect because they can not get those kids back?

Humans are God's creations and are just as valuable or more valuable than your car or that artwork and the office furnishings.

Think twice next time as we will give you the benefit of the doubt this time. God's creations are worth more than your car and material possessions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back