Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

------------------------------------------------

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim | Fox News

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.

when you use deadly force you better have your #### together thats all I can say. Just like those guys at kent state; youll be in and out of court your whole life

They should have had to pay the Zimmermans for a box of ammo.

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

Last edited:

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

Yea....it was always about money

That is why the sent him to 7-11 to buy Skittles. It was all a scam

I guess you can beat the hell out of someone and if that guy defends his self=his fault. Even with the law stating that he can defend himself.

As long as blacks don't care to follow our laws theirs going to be problems.

"our laws" seriously, are you this disconnected?

Yea....it was always about money

That is why the sent him to 7-11 to buy Skittles. It was all a scam

It is about the money, sad but true. It may have not started that way but that's where it goes, more often than not.

I guess you can beat the hell out of someone and if that guy defends his self=his fault. Even with the law stating that he can defend himself.

As long as blacks don't care to follow our laws theirs going to be problems.

"our laws" seriously, are you this disconnected?

It isn't the laws of the black community. You're right it isn't "our". The black community wouldn't have any laws at all. Just gang laws.

Wow... it took two fucking replies.

TWO FUCKING REPLIES for one of you assholes to step EVEN LOWER by saying the life of their child is worth less than money.

Also, good for the family. Now let's hope the state of Florida gets him too.

If I were a betting man I'd bet there will be a directed verdict of not guilty. The state has no case. I don't think a defense will ever be presented.

Very possible. Truly there's nothing the state can do that will bring Trayvon back. But this will follow Zimmerman for the rest of his life and that's something at least.

" by saying the life of their child is worth less than money."

I don't know where you are getting that from. Can you explain how they are even implying that? You think the $1M+ is going to bring Trayvon back?

oh my even though I am on the opposite side of this they should not have taken the money.

Aye Carumba oh they are so toast now.

Last edited:

I don't know where you are getting that from. Can you explain how they are even implying that? You think the $1M+ is going to bring Trayvon back?

Optics. I'm screaming here even though I hate them. I can't believe their people let them do this.

What part of "It was all about the money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard" do you not understand?

Also, good for the family. Now let's hope the state of Florida gets him too.

If I were a betting man I'd bet there will be a directed verdict of not guilty. The state has no case. I don't think a defense will ever be presented.

Did you see where the Prosecutor went into a full heavy metal blown melt down the other day?

Right off the rails. :) Completely f'd out of his mind.

Doper thug or not, he didn't deserve to die that way.

What part of "It was all about the money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard" do you not understand?

Now the parents are being good parents....$ now they care

Forum List

Back