Travel Ban 2.0 DejaVu?

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."

Travel ban under Obama good, travel ban under Trump bad..

According to the New York Times, the Obama administration also required new background checks for visa applicants from Iraq after the Bowling Green incident. Lawmakers at a 2012 congressional hearing also indicated that the Department of Homeland Security expanded screening to the Iraqi refugees already settled in the United States.

See how the far left dronie mentality works?

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."
This is more left wing judicial activism.
These judges are in clear violation of the law which states in part that the Chief Executive has the absolute authority to make these rules.
These are liberal appointees throwing around their weight.
They will be defeated in the higher courts.
You can stop your childish victory lap now.

What exactly is so outrageous about finding out who is coming to our country? I find corrupt judges making political decisions they have no authority to make on baseless arguments much more outrageous and dangerous to our nation
These rulings have nothing to do with immigration. These rulings are liberal activist judges demonstrating they have the power to attempt to delegitimize this administration.
It is nothing more than a desperate act of vengeance.
When the issue is finally resolved, the libs will be losers.

quit shitting on the principles of this country
A principle of our country is to accept refugees from war torn countries invaded by our enemies even though we cant vet them and have NO IDEA Who they are?
LOL
we cant vet them and have NO IDEA Who they are?
I've tole ya and TOLE ya, We do vet them for two f-ing years and we know as well as anyone can who they are. No system is perfect; I'm all for improvements, too. It is the ban that won't solve anything. Do a deep dive into how to slow/stop terrorist recruitment in this country and stiffen up procedures on Visas, such as looking at their social media (ala San Bernardino). Also look at how to keep would-be terrorists from having their investigations by the FBI ended (two of our most recent terrorist attacks were investigated by the FBI and closed without enough evidence).
Actually, a two year wait doesn't not a vet make. You don't think a terrorist would be willing to just hang out and chill for two years while he waits for a free pass into the united states?
They aren't just waiting. They are being vetted. If we didn't know who they were or where they were from, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of coming into this country. Can a terrorist "fake it?" Sure, a good one with no previous history. If all of our terrorist attacks in this country had been by refugees or recent immigrants from the M.E., especially from the countries listed in the EO, I would probably feel differently. But we are barking up the wrong tree. It is not going to accomplish anything, except to make some people who hate foreigners happy.
Obama refugee vetting procedure enabled Iraqi terrorists to enter U.S.

There's nothing quite like sticking with a bad idea. LOL

Probably, no really, he should have just directed DoJ and Homeland to set up screeing criteria for all new visa applicants and make them so a guy from India who was going to work at HP would have the necessary documentation.

Trumps ban targets muslims . He's said so on many occasions . His own words are screwing him over .

His reasoning is not strong enough to get the court to bypass the 1st amendment.
IKR? I hate he is trampling on the 1.7B muslims in those 6 countries constitutional rights. :rolleyes:

It's about OUR gov targeting a specific religion. Which it can not do .

Travel ban under Obama good, travel ban under Trump bad..

According to the New York Times, the Obama administration also required new background checks for visa applicants from Iraq after the Bowling Green incident. Lawmakers at a 2012 congressional hearing also indicated that the Department of Homeland Security expanded screening to the Iraqi refugees already settled in the United States.

See how the far left dronie mentality works?

Libturds never fail to prove Orwell was right.

They're pretty much a bunch of mindless sheep.

A principle of our country is to accept refugees from war torn countries invaded by our enemies even though we cant vet them and have NO IDEA Who they are?
LOL
I've tole ya and TOLE ya, We do vet them for two f-ing years and we know as well as anyone can who they are. No system is perfect; I'm all for improvements, too. It is the ban that won't solve anything. Do a deep dive into how to slow/stop terrorist recruitment in this country and stiffen up procedures on Visas, such as looking at their social media (ala San Bernardino). Also look at how to keep would-be terrorists from having their investigations by the FBI ended (two of our most recent terrorist attacks were investigated by the FBI and closed without enough evidence).
Actually, a two year wait doesn't not a vet make. You don't think a terrorist would be willing to just hang out and chill for two years while he waits for a free pass into the united states?
They aren't just waiting. They are being vetted. If we didn't know who they were or where they were from, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of coming into this country. Can a terrorist "fake it?" Sure, a good one with no previous history. If all of our terrorist attacks in this country had been by refugees or recent immigrants from the M.E., especially from the countries listed in the EO, I would probably feel differently. But we are barking up the wrong tree. It is not going to accomplish anything, except to make some people who hate foreigners happy.
Obama refugee vetting procedure enabled Iraqi terrorists to enter U.S.

Pssssst. IRAQ is no longer on the Trump list..

LOL
Attorney Jonathan Turley is one of the few teevee pundits I take seriously - I sense little to no partisan distortion in him - and he thinks that the Hawaii ruling was thin and would probably be overturned if this goes to the Supreme Court. He says that the court put too much conjecture in the ruling and not enough case law.

Dunno. We'll see. I'd think Trump & Co would take this all the way to the SC.

Trumps ban targets muslims . He's said so on many occasions . His own words are screwing him over .

His reasoning is not strong enough to get the court to bypass the 1st amendment.
IKR? I hate he is trampling on the 1.7B muslims in those 6 countries constitutional rights. :rolleyes:

Please elaborate :D

What exactly is so outrageous about finding out who is coming to our country? I find corrupt judges making political decisions they have no authority to make on baseless arguments much more outrageous and dangerous to our nation
Do you have some kind of law degree, maybe in constitutional law, or are you just talking out of your ass with zero knowledge of judicial procedures
Lots of stupid people have degrees. It does not take a law degree to understand the language of the constitution and the law that gives the president authority to make decisions about immigration.
Obviously it does, since you aint got a clue to what you are talking about. I love it when your kind knows more than the judiciary

LOL
Attorney Jonathan Turley is one of the few teevee pundits I take seriously - I sense little to no partisan distortion in him - and he thinks that the Hawaii ruling was thin and would probably be overturned if this goes to the Supreme Court. He says that the court put too much conjecture in the ruling and not enough case law.

Dunno. We'll see. I'd think Trump & Co would take this all the way to the SC.
There was also a ruling in MD

He should put it back on.

The first amendment . The whole establishment clause if you want to get specific . The gov can't favor one religion over another .

/---- But when Obozo did the same damn thing you were down with it.

The first amendment . The whole establishment clause if you want to get specific . The gov can't favor one religion over another .
How is this order doing that? Please, be specific again.

Do you have some kind of law degree, maybe in constitutional law, or are you just talking out of your ass with zero knowledge of judicial procedures
Lots of stupid people have degrees. It does not take a law degree to understand the language of the constitution and the law that gives the president authority to make decisions about immigration.
Obviously it does, since you aint got a clue to what you are talking about. I love it when your kind knows more than the judiciary
If the judiciary always came up with the same decision rather than coming up with decisions 180 degrees apart you might have a point.

If the judiciary always came up with the same decision rather than coming up with decisions 180 degrees apart you might have a point.
The judiciary is coming up with the same decision, each time

It targets these 6 majority Muslim countries. The reasons for doing so are dubious and really just pretext for the Dons true motives .

It targets these 6 majority Muslim countries. The reasons for doing so are dubious and really just pretext for the Dons true motives .
he commented enough during the primaries so that everyone knows just what he really means to do

Forum List

Back