Transgender Flight Attendant Who Starred in United Airlines Commercial Dead at 25 in Apparent Suicide

Good catch. Though it's not exactly clear that this Diana Tordoff is a tranny, but it doesn't take much Googling to see that “she” comes at this with a pre-established bias.

From “Her” own web site

Diana Tordoff, PhD, MPH is a Postdoctoral Scholar with The PRIDE Study at Stanford University’s School of Medicine. Dr. Tordoff received her PhD and MPH in Epidemiology at the University of Washington and received the NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Predoctoral Fellowship (F31) for her doctoral dissertation. She received a BA with honors in Mathematics and Economics from Vassar College. Dr. Tordoff has over ten years experience working with LGBTQ communities. Her research interests include:
    • Queer and transgender health equity;
    • Sexual health and HIV/STI prevention;
    • Phylogenetics and molecular epidemiology; and,
    • Community-based participatory research methods.

This wouldn't be the first time that Coyote has been caught citing a “scholarly” article written by a fucked-up freak with an obvious bias.

See, also: Another Anti-Drag Lawmaker Caught in Drag Himself
Yeah, I saw the same thing, it did not take a lot of digging. I just did not want to beat her over the head with it least the thread got locked as the whole incident should serve as a cautionary tale of the folly of enabling/celebrating mental illness.

Good catch. Though it's not exactly clear that this Diana Tordoff is a tranny, but it doesn't take much Googling to see that “she” comes at this with a pre-established bias.

From “Her” own web site

Diana Tordoff, PhD, MPH is a Postdoctoral Scholar with The PRIDE Study at Stanford University’s School of Medicine. Dr. Tordoff received her PhD and MPH in Epidemiology at the University of Washington and received the NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Predoctoral Fellowship (F31) for her doctoral dissertation. She received a BA with honors in Mathematics and Economics from Vassar College. Dr. Tordoff has over ten years experience working with LGBTQ communities. Her research interests include:
    • Queer and transgender health equity;
    • Sexual health and HIV/STI prevention;
    • Phylogenetics and molecular epidemiology; and,
    • Community-based participatory research methods.

This wouldn't be the first time that Coyote has been caught citing a “scholarly” article written by a fucked-up freak with an obvious bias.

See, also: Another Anti-Drag Lawmaker Caught in Drag Himself
and it was all false to boot.

When it comes to any sort of medical treatment, they need to go with what the evidence to date shows as the most treatment and that is weighed against mortality rates and adverse side effects. What “society” thinks of the patient shouldn’t be part of the calculus. No one is forcing you to “conform” and your feelings about it shouldn’t determine the patients right to effective treatment.

Who knows, maybe some day there will be new and more effective treatments, research continues to discover new things.

I see this as a medical issue.
Mental health IS a medical issue. Suicide is a mental health and medical issue. Like most medical issues they treat the symptoms not the cause. It seems that the suicide rate for transgenders is the same before and after the surgery stays even through the process. So I’m not seeing the treatment as anything but trying to treat the symptoms, however I’m not a doctor, I just read results. I feel bad for them and their Medical disease. I hope they get the treatment they need and get well.

Mental health IS a medical issue. Suicide is a mental health and medical issue.
That is what I've said.

Like most medical issues they treat the symptoms not the cause. It seems that the suicide rate for transgenders is the same before and after the surgery stays even through the process.

Do you have any data to support that? I have found it difficult to find good data on suicide.

So I’m not seeing the treatment as anything but trying to treat the symptoms, however I’m not a doctor, I just read results. I feel bad for them and their Medical disease. I hope they get the treatment they need and get well.
There are a lot of illnesses where we don't know the cause and can only treat the symptoms for now. Also it might have no single cause but the an interplay of multiple factors including environment.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. It is obvious to any sane person that someone who sincerely believes himself to be something that he clearly is not—for example, a man that believes himself to be a woman—is mentally ill.

To claim that such a person is not mentally ill would be an extraordinary claim, and it would be on you to prove it with extraordinary proof. And you cannot muster even ordinary proof, much less the extraordinarily level required in this case, to support your premise.
Suicide is driven by multiple factors and it could well thatthe current increasingly hostile culture and legislation could be a driver.

And states passing laws denying you medical care. Yes, they are going after adults now (it never rally was about “the children”).

Maybe because mutilation and giving the person a proxy of what they want should be the last option on the list instead of the first.

Gunning for kids with this was of course going to spark a backlash.

It went over the hill when it went from a small percentage of people with actual gender dysphoria using surgery as a last resort to try to find some form of peace to an amalgamation of GD, fetishes, and the social contagion we are seeing mostly with teenage girls.

Lucky he/she didn't decide to take out the rest if us first like the unhappy trans terrorist in Nashville. Show us the manifest.

Maybe because mutilation and giving the person a proxy of what they want should be the last option on the list instead of the first.
Umh…it isn’t the first. It’s not even the second.

Gunning for kids with this was of course going to spark a backlash.

The fake news sparked it.

It went over the hill when it went from a small percentage of people with actual gender dysphoria using surgery as a last resort to try to find some form of peace to an amalgamation of GD, fetishes, and the social contagion we are seeing mostly with teenage girls.
?

Umh…it isn’t the first. It’s not even the second.

The fake news sparked it.

?

Right now it's the first and only. Why do you think they pass all these laws eliminating parental rights if the parents have doubts?

Bullshit.

Your lack of comprehension isn't my problem.

Right now it's the first and only.

Right now, it isn’t and never has been. Why on earth do spread deliberate lies like that?

Why do you think they pass all these laws eliminating parental rights if the parents have doubts?

I guess the same reason they pass all these laws eliminating parental rights if they think their child is transgender.

Bullshit.

Your lack of comprehension isn't my problem.
Your addiction to misinformation is.

Kayleigh Scott, who was named Kyle before transitioning, was found dead Monday in a Denver, Colorado, apartment after posting on Instagram earlier in the day the intent to commit suicide, according to a TMZ report.

In 2020, Kayleigh Scott received national exposure by starring in a United Airlines commercial that focused on Scott’s transition from a man to a woman. “I am trans and I am proud,” Scott said.

Transgender Flight Attendant Who Starred in United Airlines Commercial Dead at 25 in Apparent Suicide

Unfortunately suicide is common with mental illness. It's more common when said illness is untreated or enabled and treated improperly for profit.

If society gave him help for his mental illness, instead of celebrating it, perhaps this outcome could have been avoided.
I gave a laughter emoji because I'm tired of the bullshit and I DONT CARE.

KILL YOURSELF. Burn your cities. End yourself before you end us

The group with the highest suicide rate is:

Which group has the highest rate of depression and suicide?

Adults Over the Age of 45

Middle-aged people, especially men, have the highest rate of suicide compared to other groups. Eighty percent of all deaths by suicide in the U.S. are among men and women aged 45-54. Nov 8, 2022

People at Greater Risk of Suicide - SAMHSA

is suicide skyrocketing

How did your “help” lower the suicide rate?

Well, your "help" clearly hasn't. Unlike you I actually DO care about people. ALL people. Trans people have a extraordinarily high level of suicide, and transitioning has no effect on that. How about you address the elephant in the room and admit that your way doesn't help.

Thus, something else MUST be done, or these poor folks are going to continue to kill themselves.

Answer the question. How has your “help” helped them? Let’s see some actual evidence besides your hate driven claims in absence of any actual data.

How has yours?

Forum List

Back