'Tranq' poses serious health risk

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This stuff is killing people. I didn't know what it was until I heard locally about a guy getting arrested for selling this.

The new warning from the DEA over “the deadliest drug threat our country has ever faced” follows escalating concerns in Massachusetts about the dangerous animal tranquilizer.

Boston 25 News first told you about xylazine, also known as “tranq” and “the zombie drug”, back in September.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration issued an alert Monday warning of a “sharp increase in the trafficking of fentanyl mixed with xylazine”.

The anesthetic that’s approved for veterinary use with large animals is not an opioid.

That means Narcan, a crucial tool in saving lives in the opioid epidemic, cannot reverse its effects.

The latest data from a state-funded collaborative tracking program in Massachusetts shows that about a third of New England’s illegal drug supply is laced with xylazine.

“Everybody’s dropping like flies,” said Will Reavis, of Boston. “I know quite a few people that most likely passed away because of this new stuff. It’s just going to get worse. More people are going to die.”

Boston 25 News spoke with several people who believe recent overdoses involving people they know are linked to the animal tranquilizer.

“I have a few friends that are now six feet under because of the issue,” said one woman. “It’s scary to think about it. I’m about to cry… a horse tranquilizer should not be on the streets. It’s like rat poisoning.”

Public health experts believe people are taking xylazine both unknowingly and intentionally.

I saw a report the other night on NewsNation about this new POISON. Let's call it what it is, just like Fentanyl. This is not just addictive drugs that if you take too much, you overdose. This stuff is so potent, a miniscule amount is lethal.

its amazing that people take shit like this...
While I do agree, I am not sure I see much difference, in the State failing to stop, or the state promoting, in the same population. . .

How is that, much different than this?

:dunno:

I don't see a problem. It is a self correcting problem. Sooner or later all the druggies will be dead. Problem solved.

I can't believe how many stories I've heard of someone taking a pill thinking it's something but instead it is fentanyl and they never wake up. Young kids, too. Now this crazy shit.

This stuff is killing people. I didn't know what it was until I heard locally about a guy getting arrested for selling this.

The new warning from the DEA over “the deadliest drug threat our country has ever faced” follows escalating concerns in Massachusetts about the dangerous animal tranquilizer.

Boston 25 News first told you about xylazine, also known as “tranq” and “the zombie drug”, back in September.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration issued an alert Monday warning of a “sharp increase in the trafficking of fentanyl mixed with xylazine”.

The anesthetic that’s approved for veterinary use with large animals is not an opioid.

That means Narcan, a crucial tool in saving lives in the opioid epidemic, cannot reverse its effects.

The latest data from a state-funded collaborative tracking program in Massachusetts shows that about a third of New England’s illegal drug supply is laced with xylazine.

“Everybody’s dropping like flies,” said Will Reavis, of Boston. “I know quite a few people that most likely passed away because of this new stuff. It’s just going to get worse. More people are going to die.”

Boston 25 News spoke with several people who believe recent overdoses involving people they know are linked to the animal tranquilizer.

“I have a few friends that are now six feet under because of the issue,” said one woman. “It’s scary to think about it. I’m about to cry… a horse tranquilizer should not be on the streets. It’s like rat poisoning.”

Public health experts believe people are taking xylazine both unknowingly and intentionally.

Blue city population reduction at work.

Forum List

Back