Told Ya'll Christie KNEW!

Every mayor, every congressman/woman, every senator...all need to be replaced. No more incumbents. Get rid of them ALL. Start new.

I said it from the very beginning, that this thing was about a LOT MORE THAN A TRAFFIC JAM ON THE BRIDGE.

Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyregion/christie-bridge.html?_r=0

The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.

In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter added.

The letter marked the first signal that Mr. Christie may have been aware of the closings, something he repeatedly denied during thenews conference.

In early January, documents revealed that a deputy chief of staff to Mr. Christie, Bridget Anne Kelly, had sent an email to Mr. Wildstein saying, “Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” the town at the New Jersey end of the bridge, where Mr. Christie’s aides had pursued but failed to receive an endorsement from the mayor.

Mr. Christie has steadfastly denied that he knew before this month that anyone in his administration was responsible for the lane closings, and his administration has tried to portray it as the actions of a rogue staff member.

The governor fired Ms. Kelly. Mr. Wildstein, the director of interstate capital projects at the Port Authority, resigned.""""

To quote Hillary, "what difference at this point does it make?" I've learned from Obama that all of these scandals are phony and caused by people who don't like the color of your skin. What do people have against pastey white guys like Christie?

Full transcript: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie?s Jan. 9 news conference on George Washington Bridge scandal - The Washington Post

Neither one of these are Christie saying he did not know the lanes were closed. He is plainly saying he was not informed one of his staff ordered it, and he did not know it was for anything but a traffic study.

????? Really?

"And I'll say one last thing, just so we're really clear. I had no knowledge or involvement in this issue, in its planning or it execution, and I am stunned by the abject stupidity that was shown here.""""

Oh damn, there's more of those pesky little facts the right hates so much.

David Wildstein has always been the weak link in this. And I think....JMHO...that he's been given immunity by the prosecutors. Reid Schar was hired a few weeks ago to take up this investigation. I think that Schar, the federal prosecutor who put Blagojevich away for 14 years, has pushed on Wildstein and given him this offer and Wildstein has taken it.

I bet that Christie got at least a few hour's heads up that this was happening so he could duck out of Trenton and head for Drumthwacket.

I'm not a huge Christie fan but where do libs come across crucifying Christie over this when they give Obama and their people passes on everything?

I said it from the very beginning, that this thing was about a LOT MORE THAN A TRAFFIC JAM ON THE BRIDGE.

The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.

In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter added.

The letter marked the first signal that Mr. Christie may have been aware of the closings, something he repeatedly denied during thenews conference.

In early January, documents revealed that a deputy chief of staff to Mr. Christie, Bridget Anne Kelly, had sent an email to Mr. Wildstein saying, “Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” the town at the New Jersey end of the bridge, where Mr. Christie’s aides had pursued but failed to receive an endorsement from the mayor.

Mr. Christie has steadfastly denied that he knew before this month that anyone in his administration was responsible for the lane closings, and his administration has tried to portray it as the actions of a rogue staff member.

The governor fired Ms. Kelly. Mr. Wildstein, the director of interstate capital projects at the Port Authority, resigned.""""

To quote Hillary, "what difference at this point does it make?" I've learned from Obama that all of these scandals are phony and caused by people who don't like the color of your skin. What do people have against pastey white guys like Christie?

Take your Obama analogies and put them up your @ss. This thread is NOT about the POTUS. It is about a man who would be POTUS. Got it?

Bring on the FACTS, Yurt.

I'll be back to check on the FACTS you post.

what facts have you posted luddley?

NONE

you made the claim, back it up or be another jakestarkey

That's what I thought.

All the facts aren't in. I'll give you that. But, given the facts we have now, my bet is he knew and he ordered it.

And, I'll be that when it is proven that he did know and did order it, you and other brainless hacks like brown trout will still be trying to make it about Dems.

But hey, I understand you've got to go with what little you have.

lmao

you admit you're wrong and all the facts aren't in....and then you criticize me...

pound sand loser....i have yet to make a judgment on this case.

Whether he knew or not is a moot point now. It happened under his watch. Just like Benghazi happened. IF he knew, it is shoddy workmanship to NOT know what was going on that is in his control. If he DID know, he is not worthy of being in office. This goes for the current POTUS.

what facts have you posted luddley?

NONE

you made the claim, back it up or be another jakestarkey

That's what I thought.

All the facts aren't in. I'll give you that. But, given the facts we have now, my bet is he knew and he ordered it.

And, I'll be that when it is proven that he did know and did order it, you and other brainless hacks like brown trout will still be trying to make it about Dems.

But hey, I understand you've got to go with what little you have.

lmao

you admit you're wrong and all the facts aren't in....and then you criticize me...

pound sand loser....i have yet to make a judgment on this case.

Need video? Is that the only way you idiots can ever connect the dots...Someone has to draw you a picture? Wildstein is going to testify and receive immunity. Will that work for you?

Baloney. Pure baloney.

The question is not whether he knew about the closings, but whether he either ordered them or was aware that they had been ordered by someone on his staff as a vindictive measure against the mayor of that town.

So what if he knew about the lane closings? Means absolutely nothing.

More Democrat attempts to kill his '16 candidacy.

Pretty lame.

That would be incorrect. The question would be whether he knew the closing was retaliatory.

I liked Christie. But now..not so much. He is no leader. He has no control. Fail.

Which is the proverbial straw that anyone sitting in office should be kicked to the curb and new people put in there. Enough of this shit, already. Enough.

After they went though thousands of pages of emails that failed to implicate Christie, how is the word of one man saying "he knew" going to change that? This is nothing but hearsay.

He says that he has evidence to corroborate his testimony.

There is also the photo.

I'll be waiting for that, not just the hearsay. If he does have evidence, Christie will be toast. Too bad Obama isn't held to the same scrutiny from you liberals. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not a huge Christie fan but where do libs come across crucifying Christie over this when they give Obama and their people passes on everything?

They don't.
Christie had the chance to mea culpa this and he didn't. He said that a faithful, hardworking and loyal aide of his, Bridget Kelly, lied. He lied and let her take the fall....Sort of like Scooter Libby took the fall for Cheney, if you insist on analogies.

Now let's see how you would feel if you were Bridget Kelly.

And be grateful that this heinous bastard will now NOT run for POTUS.

Full transcript: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie?s Jan. 9 news conference on George Washington Bridge scandal - The Washington Post

GOV. CHRISTIE: She had no prior approval. I mean, let's put aside the supposition. She had no prior approval from the chief of staff, who was her direct report. And she had no prior approval from the governor. She did not seek it. We weren't informed about it. And so if she acted in a manner which exceeded her authority, which seems, you know, to be a possibility, you know, that's what she did. But I had no knowledge of this and neither did the chief of staff.
Q: I think he said that you would have -- (off mic) -- your intention at this point to get to the bottom of why the lanes were ultimately closed?

GOV. CHRISTIE: Well, to the extent I can, Jenna. I mean, from what I know, at this point, Mr. Baroni and Mr. Wildstein's position is that the lines were closed to do a traffic study. And I have heard nothing from them that changes their position. I now see emails which indicate that there is a political overtone to what went on. I don't know what the situation is. I don't know whether -- like I said -- I think I answered this before -- I don't know whether this was some type of rogue political operation that morphed into a traffic study or a traffic study that morphed into an additional rogue political -- I don't know.
Neither one of these are Christie saying he did not know the lanes were closed. He is plainly saying he was not informed one of his staff ordered it, and he did not know it was for anything but a traffic study.
You obviously didn't bother to read your own link!

Q: But you can tell us that you do not authorize this kind of retribution.
GOV. CHRISTIE: Oh, absolutely not. No. And I knew nothing about this. And until it started to be reported in the papers about the closure, but even then I was told this was a traffic study.

Q: Can you understand why people would have a hard time believing that you didn't know about this thing? Considering your management style and the closeness of your staff, if you didn't know about it, what does that say about your ability to lead?

GOV. CHRISTIE: I had no knowledge of this -- of the planning, the execution or anything about it -- and that I first found out about it after it was over.
And even then, what I was told was that it was a traffic study.

Last edited:
Whether he knew or not is a moot point now. It happened under his watch. Just like Benghazi happened. IF he knew, it is shoddy workmanship to NOT know what was going on that is in his control. If he DID know, he is not worthy of being in office. This goes for the current POTUS.

It is only like Benghazi if he sent Valerie Jarret down to drop firebombs on Chris Stevens.

The issue isn't whether it was on his watch. It's whether he was complicit.

Agreed, Jillian. But...whether he was or not, in my opinion he still had no control and a good leader should always have control right on down to the stamp licker.

The evidence is pretty conclusive.

This was the leading GOP candidate for president.

If you look at Nixon's crimes against the constitution and you couple them with Reagan selling weapons to Iran and Bush setting up a comprehensive domestic spying program and doctoring war intelligence, you will start to see the bigger picture.

The Republican Party, by serving the power of corporate wealth over government, has devolved into the most criminal and anti-Constitutional political party in our nation's history.

Orwell is laughing because the Republican Party has convinced people that they are the party that cares about the Constitution. But all they really care about is the profit of the puppet masters who fund their machine.

Last edited:

Take your Obama analogies and put them up your @ss. This thread is NOT about the POTUS. It is about a man who would be POTUS. Got it?

I have an even better idea. Fuck you hypocrite.....and wash the sand out of your mangina Nancy.

Forum List

Back