Today Is National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Blah, forget about that little dust-up at the Capital, you slackers need to take your Christmas trees down least you be considered trailer trash.

Christmas trees have been around since the 1500s, some say even earlier, and have become an integral part of the Christmas festivities.

Just like the celebrations, the time you choose to take down your Christmas tree is completely at your discretion. Many people take theirs down right after the opening of gifts on Boxing Day, and others leave it up until New Year’s Day, or even for a while after. However, if you’re one of those people who simply can’t seem to get around the depressing chore, National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day may present you with the perfect opportunity.

Founded by the ‘Queen of Holidays’, Jace Shoemaker-Galloway, the day is celebrated annually on January 6. This day is vital in Christmas history, as it marks the 12th and last day of Christmas, and is the day Epiphany takes place.

Epiphany is a feast day, celebrating the revelation of God as Jesus Christ. In Western Christianity, the feast commemorates Jesus’ physical manifestation to the Gentiles by the visit of the Magi to the Christ Child. Eastern Christians, on the other hand, commemorate the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River, marking his manifestation to the world as the Son of God. The earliest reference to Epiphany as a Christian feast was in 361 A.D.

National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day

Sigh, if there were only a National Take Down Your Damn Christmas Lights Day. :eusa_wall:

We still have two trees to take down and the exterior lights. Probably this weekend.

We still have two trees to take down and the exterior lights. Probably this weekend.
And here you are a mod and all....You need to set a better example for the cretins. ;)

BTW....If any of you have a real tree to take down, and the lay of your property allows it, put them out for the critters, they provide really good cover for them. :)

Nah fake trees. I like the lights and we're Whiskeypalians so we don't formally take down lights until this weekend.

I never did get one this time. I don't have the storage space for an artificial tree and the guy that I used to get a real one from retired. He lives somewhere in Michigan and used to come here to my area of east TN with his trees. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. The grocery stores that I could've gotten a tree from were either asking too much or only had trees that were too big.

I never did get one this time. I don't have the storage space for an artificial tree and the guy that I used to get a real one from retired. He lives somewhere in Michigan and used to come here to my area of east TN with his trees. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. The grocery stores that I could've gotten a tree from were either asking too much or only had trees that were too big.
As long as the girth is not a issue just get them to cut the bottom off to the length you want. ;)

Blah, forget about that little dust-up at the Capital, you slackers need to take your Christmas trees down least you be considered trailer trash.

Christmas trees have been around since the 1500s, some say even earlier, and have become an integral part of the Christmas festivities.

Just like the celebrations, the time you choose to take down your Christmas tree is completely at your discretion. Many people take theirs down right after the opening of gifts on Boxing Day, and others leave it up until New Year’s Day, or even for a while after. However, if you’re one of those people who simply can’t seem to get around the depressing chore, National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day may present you with the perfect opportunity.

Founded by the ‘Queen of Holidays’, Jace Shoemaker-Galloway, the day is celebrated annually on January 6. This day is vital in Christmas history, as it marks the 12th and last day of Christmas, and is the day Epiphany takes place.

Epiphany is a feast day, celebrating the revelation of God as Jesus Christ. In Western Christianity, the feast commemorates Jesus’ physical manifestation to the Gentiles by the visit of the Magi to the Christ Child. Eastern Christians, on the other hand, commemorate the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River, marking his manifestation to the world as the Son of God. The earliest reference to Epiphany as a Christian feast was in 361 A.D.

Sigh, if there were only a National Take Down Your Damn Christmas Lights Day. :eusa_wall:

It's a very Italian-American thing to think leaving the Decorations up after today is bad luck.

It's a very Italian-American thing to think leaving the Decorations up after today is bad luck.
The native-born of my county are considered "Americans" by the US Census Bureau......Whatever that means to them. :eusa_wall:

I'm Belgian (Walloon)/German and Scot-Irish as best as I can tell.....Must be a Heinz 57 type of thing. ;)

As long as the girth is not a issue just get them to cut the bottom off to the length you want. ;)
True, but yeah, even when the size isn't the issue, the price can always be and whatever is asked for is the price that you have to pay when buying one from a store. Negotiating of any form is never in the card deck.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

As I am moving out of state in 6 weeks....
We took ours down on Monday.

It's bagged up, ornaments packed up in their relaquary. Getting ready to get outta here. It's tough being stuck in a state when you are itinerant.

ewt3cics9gga1.jpg

I don't do Xmas trees but...

... I would think Jan 2, the end of the culturally prevalent holiday season, would be the outside date for taking down holiday decorations.

I grew up with the Catholic "Epiphany" Jan 6 as the unofficial last day to take down Christmas stuff.

I grew up with Catholic Candlemas (Mariä Lichtmess - in German) on the 2nd of February to take down the Christmas tree.

Forum List

Back