What do Conservatives think about psychology (in general)

What do Conservatives think about psychology (in general)?

• It has its merits but people often put too much stock in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the mother is always blamed for the children's crimes

• all of the above but it's still a good thing

• all of the above and it's more bad than good

• I believe in that "myth of mental illness" theory

• not an exact science so it gets abused/misused

• Total voters

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

One reason I ask: On Fox some time ago, there was a discussion among commentators about the murders in Idaho (Moscow) and one person, probably a liberal but I don't know much about her, brought up how the perp or likely perp, i should say, had a rough childhood or words to that effect.

Well, I had a rough.. not childhood but definitely a rough adolescence and early adulthood, and I haven't killed anyone so far... Some people make me think about it (libs- LOL) but so far...

One reason I ask: On Fox some time ago, there was a discussion among commentators about the murders in Idaho (Moscow) and one person, probably a liberal but I don't know much about her, brought up how the perp or likely perp, i should say, had a rough childhood or words to that effect.

Well, I had a rough.. not childhood but definitely a rough adolescence and early adulthood, and I haven't killed anyone so far... Some people make me think about it (libs- LOL) but so far...
/——/ Some merit, but mostly Psycobabble.
I had a sales manger from Hell who read Body Language and for awhile carried the book around all day. Whenever he was around, he would constantly judge your body movements and criticize you for it often referring to photos in the book. He did it once to his boss. The boss glared at him, pointed to the office exit sign, and the manager never mentioned the book again.
A7BC1994-91D1-4D88-9001-537FCA0BAD00.jpeg

I consider myself to be right of center (conservative). I see the extreme left normalizing mental illnesses such as gender dysphoria and treating it as normal. As such the conditions are being " affirmed" rather than treated. We have dudes pretending to be chicks in spaces such as female locker rooms and rest rooms. We have dudes pretending to chicks dominating real girls in female sport leagues.

• Banned
Mostly snake-oil I think.
LOL

You must be the one who voted for 2

I think there is a lot of truth in the field of psychology but I have found that analyzing people a lot can be a very bad thing. I mean, so some person had a hard childhood. A lot of people have. But some end up on Death Row and others do not. I myself say that the true religion of Christ can do wonders for the crime rate. . can and does.

Again, when is the last time we saw a devout Catholic kill his whole family like what happened in UT recently?

On a lighter note:

When is the last time you saw a devout Catholic politician.....

well, we can stop right there... There aren't any.

Oh, maybe Scalise?

but I don't know if he is a practicing Catholic.. Some call themselves Catholic but aren't very practicing. He seems like a decent dude, though. :)

• Banned
I consider myself to be right of center (conservative). I see the extreme left normalizing mental illnesses such as gender dysphoria and treating it as normal. As such the conditions are being " affirmed" rather than treated. We have dudes pretending to be chicks in spaces such as female locker rooms and rest rooms. We have dudes pretending to chicks dominating real girls in female sport leagues.
worse, we have men who "identify" as female entering women's bathrooms and RAPING them.. There was that one case in particular where a boy raped a fellow student at a grade school or Jr high (not sure which). And the staff acted like OMG OMG! Who knew any recipient of our woke benevolence would do something like this!

Oh gee... like we just could NOT see that happening.. not in a million years!

• Banned
I had a sales manger from Hell who read Body Language and for awhile carried the book around all day. Whenever he was around, he would constantly judge your body movements and criticize you for it often referring to photos in the book. He did it once to his boss. The boss glared at him, pointed to the office exit sign, and the manager never mentioned the book again. View attachment 745279
How about

Understand what your lack of clothing is communicating to others!

sheez

As with any profession you have hucksters and scam artist involved in it. But if you can find dedicated person who honestly spends their life in the field you will see they can really have a positive effect on those with sever mental problems.

Last edited:
As us with any profession you have hucksters and scam artist involved in it. But if you can find dedicated person who honestly spends their life in the field you will see they can really have a positive effect on those with sever mental problems.
well, I'm glad you said Mental problems and not mental illness. I read parts of a book once that explored the notion of mental illness being a myth.. can't recall the title or author OR why I didn't read the whole thing but in any case, I have contended for a long time that all of us are mentally ill. Or, as God would call it, we are all sinners: selfish, greedy, lacking in empathy...

so we should say someone has more mental issues than most or whatever... forget the "mentally ill" nonsense..

Abnormal behavior Indicates mental malfunction. However, this does not excuse this behavior. Punishment should fit the crime, not the person. The only consideration should be whether the offender needs to be hospitalized during his sentence.

Abnormal behavior Indicates mental malfunction. However, this does not excuse this behavior. Punishment should fit the crime, not the person. The only consideration should be whether the offender needs to be hospitalized during his sentence.
agree

never could fully grasp that "innocent by reason of insanity" nonsense.

I always thought "guilty AND insane"

which for logical people like myself translates into: Who gives a rat's ass about your childhood (other than you and/or God)? You did the damn crime, now pay for it--sanity or lack thereof: IRRELEVANT

They don't.

I had a sales manger from Hell who read Body Language and for awhile carried the book around all day. Whenever he was around, he would constantly judge your body movements and criticize you for it often referring to photos in the book. He did it once to his boss. The boss glared at him, pointed to the office exit sign, and the manager never mentioned the book again. View attachment 745279
from my school teachers to as an adult jury members, police and others see my body language as me being a thug. Some on the jury I served on said they thought I maybe the defendent when they first saw me. :)

from my school teachers to as an adult jury members, police and others see my body language as me being a thug. Some on the jury I served on said they thought I maybe the defendent when they first saw me. :)
LOL

I guess the body language field cannot claim the title of exact science..

I can feel your pain.

I once had a boss where my body language gave me away every time.

It seemed that every time he walked by, I found several fingers clenching involuntarily. My thumb, pinky, index finger and ring finger were all affected leaving only one finger to use as I saluted his majestic presence.

Last edited:
I can feel your pain.

I once had a boss where my involuntary body language gave me away every time.

It seemed that every time he walked by, I found several fingers clenching involuntarily. My thumb, pinky, index finger and ring finger were all affected leaving only one finger to use as I saluted his majestic presence.
and you lost your job, no doubt..

I had a sales manger from Hell who read Body Language and for awhile carried the book around all day. Whenever he was around, he would constantly judge your body movements and criticize you for it often referring to photos in the book. He did it once to his boss. The boss glared at him, pointed to the office exit sign, and the manager never mentioned the book again.
this sounds like a skit for a sitcom

truth is stranger than fiction...

Forum List

Back