Today is "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"!

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Post pictures of Mohammed everywhere you can! If your not an artist, there's plenty available on Google.

Let's hear it for Freedom of Speech!

FootprintMuhammad.jpg

:woohoo:

If I understand what I have been reading about Mohammed, he started off being a Southern Baptist.

Post pictures of Mohammed everywhere you can! If your not an artist, there's plenty available on Google.

Let's hear it for Freedom of Speech!

Is next Thursday draw Jesus Day? (Want to be Equal Opportunity)
Go for it.

Let's see if you get any fatwas or death threats.

But, today is draw Muhammad (Screw The Crybaby) day.

:woohoo:

CrybabyMuhammad.jpg

You can draw jesus any day of the week.

This is a special day to be in the face of those who would restrict our liberties.

I am not near a scanner, but when I get near one, you folks will regret this. I am not such a much of an artist.

Why Everyone in the Civilized World Must Support ‘Everybody Draw Muhammad Day’
by Brad Thor
Many people have asked if I am supporting “Everybody Draw Muhammad Day” tomorrow, May 20th. I am and two of the most moving arguments of why you should too come from the Huffington Post and Reason Magazine.

In response to Islamic reaction over the movie Fitna, which juxtaposes images of Muslim violence with passages from the Qur’an (the same passages Islamic terrorists cite as justification for their violence), writer Sam Harris at the Huffington Post penned one of the best critiques of Islam (and our refusal to engage it) I have ever read: Losing Our Spines to Save Our Necks. In it, Harris rightly points out:

Big Hollywood Blog Archive Why Everyone in the Civilized World Must Support &#8216;Everybody Draw Muhammad Day&#8217;

The controversy over Fitna, like all such controversies, renders one fact about our world especially salient: Muslims appear to be far more concerned about perceived slights to their religion than about the atrocities committed daily in its name. Our accommodation of this psychopathic skewing of priorities has, more and more, taken the form of craven and blinkered acquiescence.

snip

In Mark Goldblatt’s Reason Magazine article this week The Poet Versus the Prophet he expands on many of Harris’ arguments and states:

[O]ur tip-toeing around Islamic sensibilities is nothing more than plain, old-fashioned cowardice…. We lack the moral courage to walk the walk, to put our individual lives on the line in order to defend the principles of free thought and free expression—the very principles that allowed the Judeo-Christian West to leave the Islamic East in the dust, literally and figuratively, three centuries ago.

snip

Islam is not above question, criticism, critique, or examination. In fact, Islam is fourteen centuries overdue for some serious questioning, criticism, critiquing, and examination. People the world over need to be reminded that the freedom of speech most certainly includes the freedom to offend. The right of non-Muslims to draw pictures of Muhammad is equaled by a right just as powerful, the right of Muslims to ignore pictures they find offensive.

Though I can’t believe I am going to quote Captain Jean Luc- Picard, there is no better way to express why tomorrow’s world-wide event is so important:
“We’ve made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!”

While Picard goes on to say that he will “make them [the Borg] pay,” that’s not our job. Our job is to stand and defend free speech.

No more outrageous outrage and Muslim grievance theater over cartoons, operas, and videos.
We will no longer retreat. We will no longer fall back. We will no longer demand from every other community on the face of the planet that they meet us on the playing field of civilized, rational discourse, yet carve out a special, protected, no-holds-barred zone for Islam.

It’s over. This far and no farther. No more special treatment. It is time for Islam to come into the 21st century.
This is why I support “Everybody Draw Muhammad Day.”

Have fun with that. You are certainly within your rights. But I choose not to participate.

Steyn on Everybody Draws Mohammed Day ...
Everybody Draws Mohammed Day - Mark Steyn - The Corner on National Review Online

Veronique, I initially had mixed feelings about Everybody Draws Mohammed Day. Provocation for its own sake is one of the dreariest features of contemporary culture, but that's not what this is about. Nick Gillespie's post reminds us that the three most offensive of the "Danish cartoons" — including the one showing Mohammed as a pig —were not by any Jyllands-Posten cartoonists but were actually faked by Scandinavian imams for the purposes of stirring up outrage among Muslims. As Mr Gillespie says:

It is nothing less than amazing that holy men decrying the desecration of their religion would create such foul images, but there you have it. It is as if the pope created “Piss Christ” and then passed it off as the work of critics of Catholicism.

So, if it really is a sin to depict Mohammed, then these imams will be roasting in hell. (Unless, of course, taqqiya permits Muslims to break their own house rules for the purpose of sticking it to the infidels.)

But, that aside, the clerics' action underlines what's going on: the real provocateurs are the perpetually aggrieved and ever more aggressive Islamic bullies — emboldened by the silence of "moderate Muslims" and the preemptive capitulation of western media. I was among a small group of columnists in the Oval Office when President Bush, after running through selected highlights from a long list of Islamic discontents, concluded with an exasperated: "If it's not the Crusades, it's the cartoons." That'd make a great bumper sticker: It encapsulsates both Islam's inability to move on millennium-in millennium-out, plus the grievance-mongers' utter lack of proportion.

offense.jpg

Hey, I have nothing against Islam in general (except for the crazy extremists, that is), but I am all for freedom of speech, so if they don't like "National Draw Mohammed Day", they can suck it. They can't kill us all!

The original "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" Facebook page -- with more than 80,000 followers -- vanished briefly from the website Thursday, causing some users to accuse the social networking giant of censorship before the controversial page reappeared on the site.

Facebook officials said a "small technical issue" prevented users from accessing the page for a "very short period" of time.

FOXNews.com - 'Everybody Draw Mohammed' Page Briefly Vanishes Due to Facebook Glitch

051910_matt_facebook_monster_397x224.jpg

Veddy, veddy suspicious...

30425_395803366988_728261988_4261767_5525745_n.jpg

Forum List

Back