To Those On The Left: Why Are You Voting For Biden?

My question to you is a very simple one: Why are you voting for Biden?
I don't want to. He's a terrible candidate. The Democratic Party is a PC/Identity Politics-consumed shit show. And even though I definitely agree with the Democrats (in general) on more issues -- and isn't that how we make voting decisions, usually? -- I would very much like to vote third party.

But (a) I live in a purple state, and (b) I think Trumpism is an ugly moment in our history, so it looks like I don't have a fucking choice.

If that's successful, the next step is to get to work on the Democratic Party, which damn sure needs it.

The party routinely gives a middle finger to the people who want to see change. What makes you think you can change that?
Which party are we talking about?

The one you say you want to work on.
Well, three part answer, trying to keep it brief:

1. Creating change is easier -- well, less terribly difficult and impossible -- on a local/state level if you have the patience and keep going.

We had a great candidate for change here in WV for governor.

Stephen Smith for WV Governor: WV Can’t Wait!

The DNC came in late and ran another corporate (D). Plowed a ton of money into his campaign and then got Manchin to back him.

No, I think they are pretty much as corrupted as the (R)'s.

2. The bigger problem is the system under which these people operate, and we have to keep pounding on that -- unfortunately the country as a whole is more concerned about who the Kardashian girls are banging, so this is a slow process.

As long as the government continues to "give" the people a few bucks here or there they are going to be complacent enough until it all crashes.

3. All we can do is our little part when we can, and support those few remaining souls who appear to have retained some degree of reason and critical thinking.

Too bad the party overall doesn't.

I don't want to. He's a terrible candidate. The Democratic Party is a PC/Identity Politics-consumed shit show. And even though I definitely agree with the Democrats (in general) on more issues -- and isn't that how we make voting decisions, usually? -- I would very much like to vote third party.

But (a) I live in a purple state, and (b) I think Trumpism is an ugly moment in our history, so it looks like I don't have a fucking choice.

If that's successful, the next step is to get to work on the Democratic Party, which damn sure needs it.

The party routinely gives a middle finger to the people who want to see change. What makes you think you can change that?

1. Creating change is easier -- well, less terribly difficult and impossible -- on a local/state level if you have the patience and keep going.

The DNC came in late and ran another corporate (D). Plowed a ton of money into his campaign and then got Manchin to back him.

2. The bigger problem is the system under which these people operate, and we have to keep pounding on that -- unfortunately the country as a whole is more concerned about who the Kardashian girls are banging, so this is a slow process.

As long as the government continues to "give" the people a few bucks here or there they are going to be complacent enough until it all crashes.

3. All we can do is our little part when we can, and support those few remaining souls who appear to have retained some degree of reason and critical thinking.

Well, the lunatics are in control of the asylum. The question is whether the rest of us -- the majority -- can get it back.

I used to be more confident about that. Now I'm about 50/50.

Well, the lunatics are in control of the asylum. The question is whether the rest of us -- the majority -- can get it back.

I don't think it's a majority. Too many simply want to win. They don't care who it is or what they stand for. Our current governor is a coal baron that the (D)'s elected the last time and then he quickly flipped to (R). Everyone told me that I had to vote for him the last time or the (R) candidate would win (who was a terrible choice also) but I disagree with that kind of thinking.

I think the only positive was he was embarrassed into coming to some sort of agreement to pay his millions in mine safety violations.

I don't think it's a majority. Too many simply want to win. They don't care who it is or what they stand for. Our current governor is a coal baron that the (D)'s elected the last time and then he quickly flipped to (R). Everyone told me that I had to vote for him the last time or the (R) candidate would win (who was a terrible choice also) but I disagree with that kind of thinking.

I think the only positive was he was embarrassed into coming to some sort of agreement to pay his millions in mine safety violations.
Yeah, the progressives are pretty pissed off right now, looking at Biden as the Establishment candidate, and I can certainly see that.

I don't know if this has any relevance, but it seems to me that the Democrats' primary was much like the Republicans' in 2016 - The crazed anti-establishment candidate (Sanders, Trump) versus the establishment candidate (Biden, Jeb or whomever). In the GOP's case, the latter won, and in the Dems' case, the former won.

I wonder if that has any significance.

It’s clear we need fundamental change, but neither party is offering that. Both parties are happy with the status quo. The consequences of this are the nation will continue to decline and the people will suffer. The 1% will do great.

I don't want to. He's a terrible candidate. The Democratic Party is a fucked up, PC/Identity Politics-consumed shit show. And even though I definitely agree with the Democrats (in general) on more issues -- and isn't that how we make voting decisions, usually? -- I would very much like to vote third party.

Do you think Biden is someone who the most horrible PC/Identity Politics slaves in the Dem party chose to be their candidate?

I don't want to. He's a terrible candidate. The Democratic Party is a fucked up, PC/Identity Politics-consumed shit show. And even though I definitely agree with the Democrats (in general) on more issues -- and isn't that how we make voting decisions, usually? -- I would very much like to vote third party.

Do you think Biden is someone who the most horrible PC/Identity Politics slaves in the Dem party chose to be their candidate?
No, because the nutters still represent a smaller percentage of the party. Thankfully. At the moment. For now.

They're just much louder and far more annoying.

Yeah, the progressives are pretty pissed off right now, looking at Biden as the Establishment candidate, and I can certainly see that.

I don't know if this has any relevance, but it seems to me that the Democrats' primary was much like the Republicans' in 2016 - The crazed anti-establishment candidate (Sanders, Trump) versus the establishment candidate (Biden, Jeb or whomever). In the GOP's case, the latter won, and in the Dems' case, the former won.

I am hoping for a Trump moment out of the (D)'s. Granted not with someone as unhinged as Trump.

I would hope that if Trump wins again that the (D)'s would come to their senses but I have little reason to believe that.

It’s clear we need fundamental change, but neither party is offering that. Both parties are happy with the status quo. The consequences of this are the nation will continue to decline and the people will suffer. The 1% will do great.

I find it odd at how many vote against their own interests just to "win".

I'll admit that this questions assumes that those on the left are going to vote for Joe Biden for President.

He'll put the interests of the country above his own.
He'll listen to experts and not believe he is the smartest man in any room
He'll try to bring the country together.
He'll try to get the world behind us.
His policies are in line with my values.

The left doesn't care that Biden is a worse candidate than Hillary was. They'll vote for him anyway, just because he's not Donald Trump. Biden has no plan, no abilities, and no solutions. But that doesn't matter because he's not Trump.

Those poor Democrats are in for the trouncing of their lives. Think 2016 was something? Wait until they lose their shit in 2020, because it's going to be epic.

Well, 2016 was something.

Actually, Biden is a better candidate than Hillary because he's more likable.

But the main reason he'll win... Trump has messed up everything so badly, that there's no way anyone sane could say,"Yeah, we need four more years of THAT!"

No one knows what Biden’s platform is. He is merely running on “I’m not Trump,” and apparently that’s enough for many voters.

Voters who get their news from the MSM, we usually vote against their own interests. They’ve been propagandized.

No one knows what Biden’s platform is. He is merely running on “I’m not Trump,” and apparently that’s enough for many voters.

Voters who get their news from the MSM, we usually vote against their own interests. They’ve been propagandized.

Biden has been in elected office for what 50 years? Yes, we know who he is.

No, because the nutters still represent a smaller percentage of the party. Thankfully. At the moment. For now.

They're just much louder and far more annoying.

I see. So the fucked up party chose a moderate who’s very likely to offer an olive branch to the GOP in an attempt to bring the nation together as their nominee. He’s not going to veer left as we approach November. He’s headed to the center...just where you want him to go.

It wasn’t even close. No challenger gave Biden any trouble at all. Black women, black people in general, women, young voters and LGTBQ voters all tossed the identity politics aside and chose the old, straight, white guy.

Biden is not going to veer left as we approach November. He’s headed to the center...just where you want him to go. But you call him a terrible candidate. You don’t want to vote for the moderate centrist.

Maybe that means something?

Last edited:
The left doesn't care that Biden is a worse candidate than Hillary was. They'll vote for him anyway, just because he's not Donald Trump. Biden has no plan, no abilities, and no solutions. But that doesn't matter because he's not Trump.

Those poor Democrats are in for the trouncing of their lives. Think 2016 was something? Wait until they lose their shit in 2020, because it's going to be epic.

Well, 2016 was something.

Actually, Biden is a better candidate than Hillary because he's more likable.

But the main reason he'll win... Trump has messed up everything so badly, that there's no way anyone sane could say,"Yeah, we need four more years of THAT!"
Should Sniffy Joe win, nothing will change but the MSM will tell you things are so much better. Maybe that’s enough for many voters.

He still supports corporate interests above everything else. He still supports the useless wasteful wars. He is still creepy.

Whatever, guy. We aren't turning the party over to the crazy socialists. Not a fan of corporate interests, but they are a reality.

If you prefer corrupt crony faux capitalism, whatever.

I am hoping for a Trump moment out of the (D)'s. Granted not with someone as unhinged as Trump.

I would hope that if Trump wins again that the (D)'s would come to their senses but I have little reason to believe that.
Yeah, there's no way to know how this plays out. The progressives do have a lot of strength, but Bernie was too flawed (and includes the stuff like his age and his heart) to bring it home.

Forum List

Back