To my brothers to my fellow Democrats and liberals - We have to stand up to BLM

No...they are not....in fact, policing is better than ever. What you have is leftists who want the federal government to control local police through court orders...so they use any excuse they can to lie about how the police act.

In fact, blacks around the country want more cops in their neighborhoods, not fewer cops.....but the democrat party want to purge the local police so they can be replaced with more loyal people....

Views on police funding continue to differ widely by race and ethnicity, age and political party. White (49%) and Hispanic (46%) adults are more likely than Black (38%) or Asian (37%) adults to say spending on police in their area should be increased. Black adults (23%) are more likely to say that police funding should be decreased than those who are White (13%) or Hispanic (16%). Some 22% of Asian adults say spending should be reduced, which is statistically higher than the share among White adults but not higher than the share among Hispanic adults.

Partisanship is strongly linked with views of police funding. A majority of Republicans and independents who lean to the Republican Party (61%) say spending on police should be increased, with 29% saying it should be increased a lot; 5% of Republicans say spending should be decreased, and 33% say it should stay about the same.

By contrast, 34% of Democrats and Democratic leaners say police funding should be increased, 25% say it should be decreased and 40% would like to see it stay about the same.

Sorry if you can't understand white men still control this countries economy and bias plays a part in why so few minorities and women are in positions of power. Or any position for that matter. Do you disagree that people hire people who they can see themselves working with 5 days a week x 9 hours a day? And even if it's on a subconscious level, white male hiring managers hire white males. They tell themselves it's because they were more qualified for the job but that can't always be the case.

I am proud to be Greek. Both parents are Greek. I am also proud to be a white American. I love this country so much. But that doesn't mean I can't grasp CRT. I get it. It's true. We're only human. We can do better. Doesn't mean I'm not proud of being white because I admit we are racists. So would blacks if they were the majority. No question about it.
It’s BLM propaganda that wants you to think this way brother. Well the fact is right now that a lot of major companies in America have racist hiring quotas so I don’t know how you can come to the conclusion to come to above. There is no situation in America where white people get an edge when it comes to hiring practice. Maybe back in the 1940s back in the days of segregation yes.

The facts show that news anchors who are black or even pro BLM news anchors who are white can say things about white people in general that nobody says about blacks. We can’t just brush a side van Jones of CNN saying “all white people have a virus”. If Tucker Carlson said that about blacks he would surely be off the air.

So the problem isn’t Black people… the problem is the government politicians both Democrat and Republican who do not have a substantial answer to the terrorism that we have seen the destruction of statues of European history in this country by BLM and their far left allies. The government again Democrats and Republicans do not have an answer to The BLM riots they were very weak on that

huge masses of working class white and Black people would be very much taken back by the language that pro BLM people use…. of how they talk negatively about white people in general and use negative terms combined with the word white people very often.

sealybobo

I think it is a fair position to say that the greatest struggle is what the poor people face. And poor people are black they are white… they come from all different backgrounds.

Brother I’m telling you have so many working class white people feel. Come on down to the inner cities to the factories that are left where you got work in class white people. None of us will ever except this view that white people are born privileged. Telling Americans Irish Americans black Americans we are equal and when it comes to history we have a history of being slaves of being slave owners.

Let me give you an example. We were born poor whites in Detroit. My white brother was able to rise to VP of HR for a Fortune 500 company. Not a lot of black people can tell this story. And my parents were immigrants.

Poor whites aren't privileged because they are uneducated. But this is how they are privileged. How did they get the jobs they have? Did a friend get them the job or refer them? Did a white hiring manager interview them? So they are privileged and don't even know it.

Just because they don't realize their privilege doesn't mean they aren't.

Are you encountering a lot of people standing up for BLM (the organization) in your daily encounters? I'm not.
I see BLM posters quite a bit around the city.. About a year ago I got into a major argument with a friend of mine who was pro BLM and we didn’t talk for a while.

Well we have a situation in this country where the vast majority of Americans are saying they support equality they stand against racism. But they’re fed up with organizations like BLM and they’re fed up with the far left set up with the far right. We just want equality man that’s all

Let me give you an example. We were born poor whites in Detroit. My white brother was able to rise to VP of HR for a Fortune 500 company. Not a lot of black people can tell this story. And my parents were immigrants.

Poor whites aren't privileged because they are uneducated. But this is how they are privileged. How did they get the jobs they have? Did a friend get them the job or refer them? Did a white hiring manager interview them? So they are privileged and don't even know it.

Just because they don't realize their privilege doesn't mean they aren't.
Well with Ford motor company blacks were hired as managers in the early to middle parts of the 20th century. It was a trendsetter and so the united auto workers and Ford played a large role in helping to bring up the black middle class.

We disagree and that’s OK. As long as we both support equality among man

It’s BLM propaganda that wants you to think this way brother. Well the fact is right now that a lot of major companies in America have racist hiring quotas so I don’t know how you can come to the conclusion to come to above. There is no situation in America where white people get an edge when it comes to hiring practice. Maybe back in the 1940s back in the days of segregation yes.

The facts show that news anchors who are black or even pro BLM news anchors who are white can say things about white people in general that nobody says about blacks. We can’t just brush a side van Jones of CNN saying “all white people have a virus”. If Tucker Carlson said that about blacks he would surely be off the air.

So the problem isn’t Black people… the problem is the government politicians both Democrat and Republican who do not have a substantial answer to the terrorism that we have seen the destruction of statues of European history in this country by BLM and their far left allies. The government again Democrats and Republicans do not have an answer to The BLM riots they were very weak on that

huge masses of working class white and Black people would be very much taken back by the language that pro BLM people use…. of how they talk negatively about white people in general and use negative terms combined with the word white people very often.

One reason I don't worry about AA is that the companies I work for are looking for 10 good sales people and maybe only 2 black guys are interviewing for the job. So I'll still get the job. And if I'm better than they are, I'll succeed. And if they were only hired because they were black or a woman, they won't last long.

My brother is having a very hard time finding his replacement. He finally found someone. He was VP of HR and he doesn't want to do it anymore. So he told the CEO he would stay 6 months past when they hire his replacement. So he can train them. I forgot to ask him what kind of minority is the person. I thought he said it was a dude.

You know what's happening now? Diversity candidates who make it make twice as much as white men. So my brother hired this woman and trained her. She made as much as he did. But then another company stole her away. Paid her DOUBLE! Because they need diversity candidates and they are hard to come by.

Well with Ford motor company blacks were hired as managers in the early to middle parts of the 20th century. It was a trendsetter and so the united auto workers and Ford played a large role in helping to bring up the black middle class.

We disagree and that’s OK. As long as we both support equality among man

So true. My dad worked for Ford. The Lincoln plant before it moved to Mexico. We would go once a year for a tour of the plant and boy was that plant filled with black guys. And back then you could make 6 figures if you worked a lot of overtime. And you got a pension after only like 10 or 15 years. 30 year pension you lived like a king.

I always think about all those Detroiters who got jobs for the Big 3 and how it changed their lives. And how their kids maybe could go to college because now dad had a good job. But many of them didn't go to college. Dad retired and didn't save a lot so when he died he didn't leave his kids anything. So that opportunity was squandered.

So you don't think black people are being unfairly abused by police? We had a commission in the 1960's. Kerner Report? It said police were abusing blacks in cities like Detroit. The report confirmed what black people were saying. And not much has changed in all these years.

Today, we see case after case of blacks being gunned down by cops, or choked out. Shot in the back. If we've seen this many examples on camera, how many go unseen? So I think we all know police need to change their techniques. No more choking out a guy for selling lose cigarettes on the corner. The fact this is still happening to black people is why BLM exists. If cops stop it, maybe they'll go away.

You're asking black people to agree with you that cops don't unfairly brutalize black men? You don't think they treat black people different? You want blacks to agree with you that they are all wrong about this? Good luck.

Now is when you tell black people they need to start listening to cops commands. When they say stop stop. When they say put your hands behind your back, put your hands behind your back. I agree with you on this. And I don't fuck with cops when they have me pulled over. I know better so why don't they? Never tell a cop "I know my rights". Unless you are sure you know your rights. LOL.

sealybobo

I think it is a fair position to say that the greatest struggle is what the poor people face. And poor people are black they are white… they come from all different backgrounds.
And yet Black Americans are disportionately poor. The median wealth for Black American families is around $24,000 compared to the $188,000 median wealth of white families and that discrepancy, which is a result of centuries of racism and discrimination, has a direct effect on outcomes and opportunities experienced by both communities. If your solution to addressing this disparity is let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya you're going to find that message unappealing to the vast majority of black voters in this country.

Was it exposed as a scam? I know Republicans have said so from the beginning but I don't know that's ever been proven.

Yes. Again, feel free to use the search feature on USMB to bring back up the multiple threadscon this ir look it up yourself.

The founder of BLM played followers like a sucker.

And yet Black Americans are disportionately poor. The median wealth for Black American families is around $24,000 compared to the $188,000 median wealth of white families and that discrepancy, which is a result of centuries of racism and discrimination, has a direct effect on outcomes and opportunities experienced by both communities. If your solution to addressing this disparity is let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya you're going to find that message unappealing to the vast majority of black voters in this country.

I agree. More needs to be done but on both sides.

My dad had to overcome whites discriminating against him because of his thick accent. Go back to your own country they said. What whites don't understand is we benefited from white privilege too. Within one generation, we assimilated into being white ourselves. Blacks don't have the benefit of doing that. Oh sure I might be "white" to an Aryan but in general, I'm white. The long Greek last name gives away I'm not "white" but if there were a race war, I'd be with the whites. LOL. You know what I mean.

This pisses blacks off too. Immigrants, or their children who just came here are treated better than them and they've been here for 400 years.

There are a lot of reasons blacks are disproportionately poor. Some are because of racism, some they can only blame themselves. Do they trust banks? Do they teach their kids about savings accounts? If they don't have a good job they don't have a 401K with a 4% company match. Not only do we make more than them, we get bonus money on anything we save for retirement. They need to have 401K's for people who don't work for a company. But even then, they won't get the 4% match.

I see black people are hired to be the janitor or security guard but not in sales, finance, engineering, etc. All the good jobs.

Remember blacks only make up 12% of our population. So I'm okay with them only having 6% of corporate executives/white collar/successful people being black. Because it's not all our fault they don't represent 12% of the board rooms. It might be some our fault but not all.

And don't forget women. They make up over half the population yet

About 28.2% of board members are female, the study found. However, many of these women were appointed to nonexecutive roles, which are often centered on board oversight rather than real decision-making power.

Yes. Again, feel free to use the search feature on USMB to bring back up the multiple threadscon this ir look it up yourself.

The founder of BLM played followers like a sucker.
I did a search for your name and the word BLM. 17 pages dating back to 2020 you have been all over them and SOROS your boogy man. LOL. Loser.

Which proves you're just a political tool. An all around tool too probably. LOL.

Well brother I disagree with this approach. First of all who is black who is white? How do we defined this. You see the US government and some organization defines people by the race. It’s all man-made

It’s not about Kumbaya not about that at all it’s about reality. The numbers are not skewed enough there are still tons of poor white people man. Millions of white people here’s the bottom line those poor white people they’re not interested in this BLM debate they don’t wanna hear anything about white privilege they’re starving to death. And so yes the struggle is real. And so Christianity tells us to help uplift all poor people. And I believe that it is appropriate to have a society with mutual respect.

If you’re OK with destroying statues of Christopher Columbus you’re offending me. This is a break of dignity this is against mutual respect. I’m not out there destroying statues of Black people who owned slaves.

If You’re cool with equality among men, you’re cool with hiring the best person for the job? You’re cool with us having statues dedicated to Europeans and Africans of history here in America? And if so we’re on the same page.

I see BLM posters quite a bit around the city.. About a year ago I got into a major argument with a friend of mine who was pro BLM and we didn’t talk for a while.

Well we have a situation in this country where the vast majority of Americans are saying they support equality they stand against racism. But they’re fed up with organizations like BLM and they’re fed up with the far left set up with the far right. We just want equality man that’s all

You need to take the Red Pill.....blm is the democrat party.......they aren't a separate entity, they are the new kkk of the democrat party.......you need to keep looking inside and see this truth...the democrat party is evil...has been since it was created and its power is growing.......

The people who created the KKK, like Nathan Bedford Forrest, were pieces of human shit. Today it's republican voters who love them some Confederates. Southern black voters cucked Democratic segregationists and took the party from them.

That young man was walking home from the store when an unhinged assclown who was armed with a gun and told by police dispatchers not to pursue chased him down. To everyone who isn't a deplorable mutant piece of shit that death was an avoidable tragedy.

Nope.....the democrat party simply switched out the white sheets for the blm/antifa flags........the democrats have their street thugs and their gestapo now....now they are moving to silence their enemies....

How come you can't see the police need to be reformed but bring up the FBI and boy do you get it then.

And you didn't mind when the FBI was spying on MLK. But DJT? Don't you dare spy on him. Even if he is breaking all kinds of laws.
What you and the rest of the far Left filth want is to totally hamstring cops to become nothing more than glorified security guards with zero powers of arrest, dipshit!

What you and the rest of the far Left filth want is to totally hamstring cops to become nothing more than glorified security guards with zero powers of arrest, dipshit!

They want to do that first.......to make sure normal people stop becoming cops......they don't want normal people who simply want to help people and enforce the law in those ranks. They want to drive them out, then fill the ranks with blm/antifa types...the goons who will simply protect the democrat party.

This is the plan for the police....

Creating Loyal PolicemenClick here to copy a link to this section

In addition to expanding the powers of the police, the Nazis also wanted to guarantee that loyal—meaning Nazi—policemen controlled and filled Germany’s police institutions. This would make it easier for the Nazis to use the police forces for their ideological and dictatorial goals. The Nazis did not simply abolish the police or replace them all with Nazis. They needed existing police experience, knowledge, skill, and expertise.

Police leadership positions were politically appointed. This meant that whoever controlled the state and local governments could appoint the police chiefs. As the Nazis gained control of state and local government positions, they immediately appointed Nazi Party loyalists, often SA men, to police leadership positions.

The same men who had been terrorizing the police and the public just months before were now in charge of major police departments across Germany. For instance, prominent Berlin SA leader Wolf-Heinrich Graf von Helldorff had stood trial in 1931–1932 after coordinating an antisemitic attack. Under Helldorff’s leadership, SA men had yelled antisemitic insults and attacked people they identified as Jews on Berlin’s main shopping thoroughfare. But in 1933, Helldorf was appointed Police President of Potsdam and, in 1935, of Berlin. This placed him in charge of the very same police force he had previously harassed.

Lower-level German policemen were civil servants, which came with certain job protections. Thus, to achieve their goals, the Nazis needed a legal reason to fire them or force them to retire. A new Nazi law adopted on April 7, 1933, did just that. The Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service gave the government the power to remove Jews and political opponents from the civil service. This included policemen. In Cologne, for example, thirty-one police officers (out of approximately 2,600) were removed under the law, mostly for political activity. Nonetheless, this purge of the police was relatively minor.

German Police in the Nazi State

They want to do that first.......to make sure normal people stop becoming cops......they don't want normal people who simply want to help people and enforce the law in those ranks. They want to drive them out, then fill the ranks with blm/antifa types...the goons who will simply protect the democrat party.
These morons talk about the "militarization" of police? I take it many of them were never around during the "bad old days" of the Bronx Zoo and other inner city battle zones where the hoodrats and thugs literally outgunned the cops who, at that time (with the exception of those who carried .357s and .44s) carried paltry little .38 caliber peashooter revolvers.

I agree. More needs to be done but on both sides.

My dad had to overcome whites discriminating against him because of his thick accent. Go back to your own country they said. What whites don't understand is we benefited from white privilege too. Within one generation, we assimilated into being white ourselves. Blacks don't have the benefit of doing that. Oh sure I might be "white" to an Aryan but in general, I'm white. The long Greek last name gives away I'm not "white" but if there were a race war, I'd be with the whites. LOL. You know what I mean.

This pisses blacks off too. Immigrants, or their children who just came here are treated better than them and they've been here for 400 years.

There are a lot of reasons blacks are disproportionately poor. Some are because of racism, some they can only blame themselves. Do they trust banks? Do they teach their kids about savings accounts? If they don't have a good job they don't have a 401K with a 4% company match. Not only do we make more than them, we get bonus money on anything we save for retirement. They need to have 401K's for people who don't work for a company. But even then, they won't get the 4% match.
Are you being serious? What makes you think black parents don't teach their kids about savings accounts?
I see black people are hired to be the janitor or security guard but not in sales, finance, engineering, etc. All the good jobs.

Remember blacks only make up 12% of our population. So I'm okay with them only having 6% of corporate executives/white collar/successful people being black. Because it's not all our fault they don't represent 12% of the board rooms. It might be some our fault but not all.

And don't forget women. They make up over half the population yet

About 28.2% of board members are female, the study found. However, many of these women were appointed to nonexecutive roles, which are often centered on board oversight rather than real decision-making power.
Who was blaming you or saying you were at fault? That isn't the point. I'm not at fault either. I'm black (mixed) but I'm not Black American. My family came here in the 80s. We certainly aren't responsible for slavery or segregation but I support reparations for Black American families who did because I believe they deserve justice even though my taxes would be going to pay for it. And that's the divide. Either you believe Black American families deserve socioeconomic justice or you don't.

Forum List

Back