To Musicians: What Instruments and Songs/Tunes Do You Play ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I am a musician, and played 6 string guitar (rhythm & lead) in a rock band for 8 years. I also played in a few bluegrass bands for some years (mandolin, guitar, & fiddle). I also played my acoustic guitar as a solo performer, playing folky songs and blues, occasionally with the harmonica added in. I still play sometimes in some of my local coffeehouses, on their open mic nights. I really love music, and would like to hear from anybody out there who plays any music of any kind.

Tell us what you play. If you have any videos, that would be extra cool.

I did all that back in the late 60s-early 70's, as a singer. Not sure it counts.:shock:

I did all that back in the late 60s-early 70's, as a singer. Not sure it counts.:shock:
Sure it counts. Your vocal chords are an instrument, and a hell of an important one. Before I started playing any instruments, I was an a capella singer in a group with 3 other guys (the songs they now call "doo wop") We were good, and I wish I had some recordings of us.

I just picked up a new amp - Epiphone 10S. Awesome little thing, with a stand in the back to make it stand at an angle. I love it

th

I play guitar and trumpet.

I played in rock bands when I was younger but lately I'm doing mostly trumpet work in pit orchestras for a couple of community theaters. Last year we did Jesus Christ Superstar (killer trumpet parts) and South Pacific.

Coming up early next year is The Music Man followed by West Side Story.

I play guitar and trumpet.

I played in rock bands when I was younger but lately I'm doing mostly trumpet work in pit orchestras for a couple of community theaters. Last year we did Jesus Christ Superstar (killer trumpet parts) and South Pacific.

Coming up early next year is The Music Man followed by West Side Story.
Your avatar might be appropriate for me. I HATE the trumpet. I find listening to it literally painful. It also reeks of a much earlier time period in America, going back to the 1940s and earlier. Despite all that, I do realize that there are different strokes for different folks, and for those who do enjoy that instrument, more power to them.

I played in rock bands too, and I wish I had one right now, but just for fun, not on stage with rigid schedules and stuff like that.

I have a couple of videos of myself playing the guitar. I want to post them in here. Anybody know how to do it ?

Piano. Mostly classical.
That's my second least liked instrument, but once again, for those who like it, go for it, and give it everything you've got. You could be the next Chopin.

I have a couple of videos of myself playing the guitar. I want to post them in here. Anybody know how to do it ?
Of course you could upload it to youtube or dailymotion, etc..

It might be easier if you or someone you know has facebook. You could post it there and link it here.

Of course you could upload it to youtube or dailymotion, etc..

It might be easier if you or someone you know has facebook. You could post it there and link it here.

Thanks. I think I've got it. BTW, these are just quick casual videos I did spontaneoulsy, so I might screw up a few notes occasionally, but what the hell - this ain't the stage, and I ain't getting paid for it. They're good enough to get the song out there, as a whole, and we're just having a little fun.. That's all I care about.

Dropbox - SUNP0001 (1).AVI

Dropbox - SUNP0002.AVI

PS - these videos are skipping very slightly. I don't know if it's my camera or my laptop.

Forum List

Back