To all those on the left who question the faith of evangelicals for voting Trump

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.
The fact that you call yourself religious, and hate the millions of ILLEGAL immigrants that risked their lives to come here you are a fake christian. I can go on forever.
This is an absurd straw man. But that’s all the left has anymore. Strawmen and ad hominems.
There is also remaining the bailout money that churches nice to Trump get big bailouts. Churches are tax exempt but are entitled to tax payer bailouts? Thats a big reason for evangelical support: free stuff.

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.
The fact that you call yourself religious, and hate the millions of ILLEGAL immigrants that risked their lives to come here you are a fake christian. I can go on forever.
This is an absurd straw man. But that’s all the left has anymore. Strawmen and ad hominems.
There is also remaining the bailout money that churches nice to Trump get big bailouts. Churches are tax exempt but are entitled to tax payer bailouts? Thats a big reason for evangelical support: free stuff.

That's why everyone is supporting big government. As noted in another thread....even the Libertarians.

Per my faith the questioning of another's is far outside my job description. So coming at the problem from another angle, I feel that for such a diverse country the limitation of just two major political parties is ridiculous. l don't buy into the, "if you don't vote then don't complain", nonsense.

So, in order to foster other than two parties, people opposed to both of them should not choose a minor candidate, and that will overcome your objection to the two party system?

Bottom line, Women spent 40+ years trying to get the vote & be treated equal, they were insulted harassed beaten, jailed forced fed, pelted with rocks & garbage by MEN while police MEN stood by & did not protect them. ITS about control of your own body. if Men got pregnant there would be NO conversation about abortion.

Bottom line, Women spent 40+ years trying to get the vote & be treated equal, they were insulted harassed beaten, jailed forced fed, pelted with rocks & garbage by MEN while police MEN stood by & did not protect them. ITS about control of your own body. if Men got pregnant there would be NO conversation about abortion.

If you go to a pro-life rally the majority of people there are women.

Are evangelicals looking for another option?

I was under the impression that they're happy with what they selected.

oh don't fear the mods moving a trump thread. Mercy be. LOL

But the OP is a lie of a logical phallacy (-;. It takes one rare factual instance and uses it to generalize to all people who find evangelicals for Trump to be hypocrites who act in a way Jesus did not countenance. The evangelicals will vote for whom they vote. And those of us who think they are merely political beings who justify their bigotry by climbing on their crosses, will vote for whom we vote.

Last edited:

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

The Democrats are far closer to what Jesus actual said than Republicans...

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
So you honestly believe that Jesus would approve of abortion?
No, his point is that all things considered in the teachings of Jesus, Democrats come a lot closer than republicans. Your self righteousness about abortion is the only thing you can even consider Christ like in your political ideology.

Opposition to abortion isn't necessarily Christ like. As much as he exemplified compassion, I believe he would understand there are times when it is necessary.
Very few. However, we both know that the Democrat party supports abortion for any reason. Try being honest.

Jewish rabbis have thousands of years of recorded judgements concerning Gods Law, as laid out in Torah (the first 5 books of the O.T.) It is worthwhile to look at where they stand on issues of God's Law, don't you think?
Nope. Christians don't live under the law.

OK. That means you can't run back to the O.T to justify anything from now on. Where in the N.T. is abortion banned?
Everytime it says to love one another and do good.

No. That says to do good and love one another. Abortion isn't mentioned. Try again.
Murder is sin.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
No, his point is that all things considered in the teachings of Jesus, Democrats come a lot closer than republicans. Your self righteousness about abortion is the only thing you can even consider Christ like in your political ideology.

Opposition to abortion isn't necessarily Christ like. As much as he exemplified compassion, I believe he would understand there are times when it is necessary.
Very few. However, we both know that the Democrat party supports abortion for any reason. Try being honest.

Jewish rabbis have thousands of years of recorded judgements concerning Gods Law, as laid out in Torah (the first 5 books of the O.T.) It is worthwhile to look at where they stand on issues of God's Law, don't you think?

OK. That means you can't run back to the O.T to justify anything from now on. Where in the N.T. is abortion banned?

No. That says to do good and love one another. Abortion isn't mentioned. Try again.
Like I said, you're not equipped for this conversation. Jesus said "you shall not murder"

Abortion is not murder.
Tell that to the Lord when you meet him.

If he is against abortion, why didn't he say something about it?

Ah, more non-Christians telling Christians what Christ was like. It’s hilarious. The whole concept of “all men created equal” is a Christian concept. Obviously all men aren’t created equal, Lebron is not created equal to someone with Down syndrome. It wasn’t a concept until the DOI laid it out as one. Before that Kings had the “divine right” to be the rulers. Before that it was just we conquered you therefore we have the right to subjugate you, the inferior. The concept comes from the “divine spark” idea AKA created in the image of God. You know the same argument hilarious made by the left when they first tried to claim trump called Mexicans animals, and then when it was clear he was referring to MS-13 they had to shift to “no we meant everyone has the divine spark.” A concept they obviously don’t believe in because of abortion, and the whole fact they would like to see a world where kids with Down syndrome don’t exist thanks to abortion. A concept they also show they don’t believe in since it’s ok to punch pastors in the face “because guns....gasp, they’re evil.” The whole concept of pro life is that the if the life of the least of us doesn’t matter, than life doesn’t matter.

I called myself a christian for more than 50 years. I have at least as much religious insight into what is in the Bible as you do. Of course, that isn't needed anyway because anybody can read what is written, and know what was said. There is no secret code. There is no divine knowledge. What's that old saying? " So simple till a child can understand"

Murder is sin.

Like I said, you're not equipped for this conversation. Jesus said "you shall not murder"

Abortion is not murder.

Do you honestly believe Jesus is pro abortion? Idiot.

The OP

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

I think Jesus didn't judge. But if Jesus came today and said we should do whatever we needed to do to make sure no girl went without a clean safe place to live we'd hang the fcker from a tree.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Even the rabbis believe life doesn't begin until 40 days, and they have studied God's Law for thousands of years. Jesus never mentioned it. He did change certain aspects of God's law, but he was very specific in what he changed. There was no doubt what he was doing. Nothing that monumental was ever done lightly or without specific reference. If he was going to change God's law, he would have at least mentioned it. I'm not aware of anyone else capable of changing God's law.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Even the rabbis believe life doesn't begin until 40 days, and they have studied God's Law for thousands of years. Jesus never mentioned it. He did change certain aspects of God's law, but he was very specific in what he changed. There was no doubt what he was doing. Nothing that monumental was ever done lightly or without specific reference. If he was going to change God's law, he would have at least mentioned it. I'm not aware of anyone else capable of changing God's law.
Jesus fulfilled God's law. Do you understand what that means?

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

He didn't "change" God's Law, he fulfilled it.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

What do you suppose he would have to say about those who so flippantly call others names?

The OP

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

I think Jesus didn't judge. But if Jesus came today and said we should do whatever we needed to do to make sure no girl went without a clean safe place to live we'd hang the fcker from a tree.

I'm Pro-life but the meaning to me seems to be different than what it means to many.

I fully agree with what you said here.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

What do you suppose he would have to say about those who so flippantly call others names?
Read Matthew 23 and learn what Jesus called the religious gangsters of his day. Idiot.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Jesus fulfilled God's law. Do you understand what that means?

OK. You still haven't shown where he even had an opinion on abortion, much less how or when he changed God's Law to forbid it. Are you just adding your own shit to scripture again because you think it should be there ?

Forum List

Back