To all those on the left who question the faith of evangelicals for voting Trump

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

The Democrats are far closer to what Jesus actual said than Republicans...

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
So you honestly believe that Jesus would approve of abortion?
No, his point is that all things considered in the teachings of Jesus, Democrats come a lot closer than republicans. Your self righteousness about abortion is the only thing you can even consider Christ like in your political ideology.

Opposition to abortion isn't necessarily Christ like. As much as he exemplified compassion, I believe he would understand there are times when it is necessary.
Very few. However, we both know that the Democrat party supports abortion for any reason. Try being honest.

Jewish rabbis have thousands of years of recorded judgements concerning Gods Law, as laid out in Torah (the first 5 books of the O.T.) It is worthwhile to look at where they stand on issues of God's Law, don't you think?
Nope. Christians don't live under the law.

OK. That means you can't run back to the O.T to justify anything from now on. Where in the N.T. is abortion banned?
Everytime it says to love one another and do good.

No. That says to do good and love one another. Abortion isn't mentioned. Try again.
Murder is sin.
What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
No, his point is that all things considered in the teachings of Jesus, Democrats come a lot closer than republicans. Your self righteousness about abortion is the only thing you can even consider Christ like in your political ideology.

Opposition to abortion isn't necessarily Christ like. As much as he exemplified compassion, I believe he would understand there are times when it is necessary.
Very few. However, we both know that the Democrat party supports abortion for any reason. Try being honest.

Jewish rabbis have thousands of years of recorded judgements concerning Gods Law, as laid out in Torah (the first 5 books of the O.T.) It is worthwhile to look at where they stand on issues of God's Law, don't you think?

OK. That means you can't run back to the O.T to justify anything from now on. Where in the N.T. is abortion banned?

No. That says to do good and love one another. Abortion isn't mentioned. Try again.
Like I said, you're not equipped for this conversation. Jesus said "you shall not murder"

Abortion is not murder.
Tell that to the Lord when you meet him.

If he is against abortion, why didn't he say something about it?
Do you honestly believe Jesus is pro abortion? Idiot.

What do you suppose he would have to say about those who so flippantly call others names?
Read Matthew 23 and learn what Jesus called the religious gangsters of his day. Idiot.

Yes. TV preachers today are the same as the Pharisees of his time. Making themselves fat and rich from the giving of the poor, with no compassion for widows, orphans, outcasts, and prisoners. Jesus had specific complaints agains the religious leaders of his day, and he was clear in what those complaints were. Nobody had to guess where they differed. Odd that he didn't include abortion in that list, don't you think? It's not like it wasn't practiced back then, is it?
You're really a sad case.

If you are going to profess to know the mind of God or Jesus, you really have to have scripture to back up your claims. After several requests, you have yet to show a single verse where Jesus was opposed to abortion. Even grammar school teachers expect you to show how you came to an answer. I'm just asking you to show your work.
Show me scripture or historical evidence that Jews in the Middle East the time of Jesus were practicing abortion? Oh wait, you won’t. Because they didn’t. There’s hundreds of versus talking about the evils of sacrificing your children for prosperity. Just a reminder, appeals to ignorance are a logical FALLACY.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorancerepresents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

Murder is sin.

Like I said, you're not equipped for this conversation. Jesus said "you shall not murder"

Abortion is not murder.

Even the rabbis believe life doesn't begin until 40 days, and they have studied God's Law for thousands of years. Jesus never mentioned it. He did change certain aspects of God's law, but he was very specific in what he changed. There was no doubt what he was doing. Nothing that monumental was ever done lightly or without specific reference. If he was going to change God's law, he would have at least mentioned it. I'm not aware of anyone else capable of changing God's law.

He didn't "change" God's Law, he fulfilled it.

OK. So in what verse did Jesus ban abortion?

LOL, just because you don't know your Bible like you thought you did doesn't mean I'm going to be dragged into your war of semantics. I know you think you're being clever but you aren't. You're looking for that 11th commandemnt; "Thou shalt not abort one's child". That's not the way it works kid.

OK. So you tell me how it works. Without adding words to what he said, or taking vast stretches of your imagination, you tell me why you think Jesus would want to ban abortion. I only ask that you provide one reason at the time. Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.
Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.
In other words, “don’t try to confuse with facts and knowledge that I can’t refute. Only say the things I want you to say.”

Poor children are continuing to fall further and further behind while those at the top get richer and richer.
No, 100% wrong. There has never been a better time to be a human than right now. Yet the human population has never been larger than it is now and it’s not even close. 20 years ago 90% of earth population lived in abject poverty.

I really doubt you can back this up.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

What do you suppose he would have to say about those who so flippantly call others names?
Read Matthew 23 and learn what Jesus called the religious gangsters of his day. Idiot.

Yes. TV preachers today are the same as the Pharisees of his time. Making themselves fat and rich from the giving of the poor, with no compassion for widows, orphans, outcasts, and prisoners. Jesus had specific complaints agains the religious leaders of his day, and he was clear in what those complaints were. Nobody had to guess where they differed. Odd that he didn't include abortion in that list, don't you think? It's not like it wasn't practiced back then, is it?

If you are going to profess to know the mind of God or Jesus, you really have to have scripture to back up your claims. After several requests, you have yet to show a single verse where Jesus was opposed to abortion. Even grammar school teachers expect you to show how you came to an answer. I'm just asking you to show your work.
Show me scripture or historical evidence that Jews in the Middle East the time of Jesus were practicing abortion? Oh wait, you won’t. Because they didn’t. There’s hundreds of versus talking about the evils of sacrificing your children for prosperity. Just a reminder, appeals to ignorance are a logical FALLACY.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorancerepresents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Even the rabbis believe life doesn't begin until 40 days, and they have studied God's Law for thousands of years. Jesus never mentioned it. He did change certain aspects of God's law, but he was very specific in what he changed. There was no doubt what he was doing. Nothing that monumental was ever done lightly or without specific reference. If he was going to change God's law, he would have at least mentioned it. I'm not aware of anyone else capable of changing God's law.

LOL, just because you don't know your Bible like you thought you did doesn't mean I'm going to be dragged into your war of semantics. I know you think you're being clever but you aren't. You're looking for that 11th commandemnt; "Thou shalt not abort one's child". That's not the way it works kid.

OK. So you tell me how it works. Without adding words to what he said, or taking vast stretches of your imagination, you tell me why you think Jesus would want to ban abortion. I only ask that you provide one reason at the time. Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.
Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.
In other words, “don’t try to confuse with facts and knowledge that I can’t refute. Only say the things I want you to say.”

Poor children are continuing to fall further and further behind while those at the top get richer and richer.
No, 100% wrong. There has never been a better time to be a human than right now. Yet the human population has never been larger than it is now and it’s not even close. 20 years ago 90% of earth population lived in abject poverty.

pknopp

Is just another pussy. He runs from regular posts he runs from PM's.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Again with the appeal to ignorance, sheesh. Don’t you want to prove me wrong? Look it up yourself.

Pinker, Harvard Psychologist, has wrote a couple books on this subject alone. Better Angels, and Enlightenment Now, good reads, all backed up with the stats from every reliable NGO and GO out there. Basically the media’s philosophy is if it bleeds it leads, and that changes everyone’s perception of reality even though the stats are out there. Here’s his latest
“A common argument against the benefits of global income growth is that “only the rich get richer.” That’s nonsense, as not just the decreased share of poverty shows, but also the scientific known as the Kuznets curve. Developed by Simon Kuznets in the 1950s and 60s, it explains that as income grows, inequality only initiallyrises, then peaks and goes back down.

Enlightenment Now Summary Kuznets Curve

Another scientist, economist Adolph Wagner, found more evidence to prove this point. Wagner’s law states that as a state’s wealth rises, it spends more on social benefits programs. In Europe, for example, only 1.5% was used for a poverty safety net 100 years ago. Today the average of states’ budgets reserved for it is 22%.”

New book by Micheal Shellenberger I just finished reading is excellent too, Apocalypse Never. I knew about the Malthusian philosophy, just didn’t know the history and growth of it, he goes into it very in depth. He was Time magazines environmentalist of the year back in 2008 I believe. Traveled the world to support causes ZERO people gave a shit about. Is a progressive democrat. And, like every single environmentalist should be, is a staunch supporter of nuclear energy. He points out how absolutely devastating “renewable energy” is to the environment is. The mining of it, the immensely vast amounts of land it requires, how toxic it is to dispose of, etc.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

LOL, you're over your head here. Here is your response to no matter what I post: "That doesn't say anything about abortion". Like I said, you aren't as clever as you think.

Matthew 18:14

So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

Matthew 18:10

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven

That goes for the ones that are born also.

That's the entire point, Jesus is "Pro Life" no matter how you cut it.

Many who claim to be are not.

The subject is Jesus.

The subject is also "pro-life".

Jesus is "Pro Life". Jesus is whom we are talking about.

That would include all the innocent brown children in the middle east we continue to kill every year.
Their Muslim uncles and cousins kill far more than we do. Idiot.

I see. You are going to tell God "well they did it too".
Don't have to. God knows how evil and vile Islam is. Idiot.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Again with the appeal to ignorance, sheesh. Don’t you want to prove me wrong? Look it up yourself.

I can't look up what doesn't exist.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

You won't look up anything that bitch slaps you.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

LOL, you're over your head here. Here is your response to no matter what I post: "That doesn't say anything about abortion". Like I said, you aren't as clever as you think.

So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven

The subject is Jesus.

That would include all the innocent brown children in the middle east we continue to kill every year.
Ya know who stacks up the brown bodies in the Middle East far more than anyone else? The Islamic extremist who live there that terrorize their own countries daily. Islamic extremist harm, kill, enslave, rape, torture, and subjugate their own countrymen at a far faster clip than our military could even if they were trying. Islamic extremist are far more devastating to their own countries than they are to any country in the west.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Ya know who stacks up the brown bodies in the Middle East far more than anyone else? The Islamic extremist who live there that terrorize their own countries daily. Islamic extremist harm, kill, enslave, rape, torture, and subjugate their own countrymen at a far faster clip than our military could even if they were trying. Islamic extremist are far more devastating to their own countries than they are to any country in the west.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Oh my bad. You’re not familiar with books. I keep forgetting y’all need a talking head and/or talking points to tell you what to think. I’m sorry let me explain. There are these things called books. They have pages upon pages of information breaking down extremely complex systems and problems, and they use things like stats, analysis, reason, and the scientific method to do so. Then people read these books, and point out the parts they think are false and BS, and the author (the person who writes the book) can respond to the criticisms of their book by either defending their findings with more facts and analysis, or altering them to what reflects reality better. I know it sounds crazy on it’s surface, but just take my word, it’s actually a good way of reasoning things out. It turns out many of the worlds problems are dealing with extremely complex systems that are all intertwined with other extremely complex systems. These systems have been building upon themselves for thousands of years. In order to define the problems of these systems you have to do very detailed and very specific analysis of these systems to hopefully find the root of the problem. You then need to propose an equally specific and well defined solution to these problems in order to hopefully make any sort of impact. This is where books come into play. Yay! It turns out that a 2 min segment on the news, article headlines, and 2 sentence talking points that you’re use too actually do a terrible job at defining the problems in extremely complex intertwined systems, and therefore come up with awful, counterproductive solutions to those problems.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.
Us doing what exactly? Who are we killing in the Middle East? Name some instances “brown” children died caused by the US. I certainly can. But the way you’re talking it sounds like you have a much better grasp on the subject so enlighten us.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.
Us doing what exactly? Who are we killing in the Middle East? Name some instances “brown” children died caused by the US. I certainly can. But the way you’re talking it sounds like you have a much better grasp on the subject so enlighten us.

Kunduz: When MSF Came Under Attack in Afghanistan

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Kunduz: When MSF Came Under Attack in Afghanistan
One instance from 5 years ago in America’s longest war to date? Not bad considering the use of very precise strikes using highly explosive materials delivers by vehicles traveling at supersonic speeds. Extremely superb considering the way war is conducted by almost every single other country today, and all throughout human history.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

I dont really recall Jesus wanting to ban anything so maybe that's not really a fair question.

He never called for a "ban" on murder either.

Of course he didn't. He did, however, in Matthew 5 21:26, endorce and expand Old Testimen laws concerning murder.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Jesus fulfilled God's law. Do you understand what that means?

OK. You still haven't shown where he even had an opinion on abortion, much less how or when he changed God's Law to forbid it. Are you just adding your own shit to scripture again because you think it should be there ?
Jesus is the Creator. Based on that truth, what do you believe His position on abortion is?

I think I have made my belief clear. Perhaps you can quote where he said it should be banned?
If you honestly believe Jesus is pro abortion, you're belief is of the devil.

You got scripture that leads you to believe that, or did you just decide that on your own? If you can't give valid reasons to believe what you do, it's not really worth believing, is it?

Forum List

Back