To all those on the left who question the faith of evangelicals for voting Trump

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

The Democrats are far closer to what Jesus actual said than Republicans...

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
So you honestly believe that Jesus would approve of abortion?
No, his point is that all things considered in the teachings of Jesus, Democrats come a lot closer than republicans. Your self righteousness about abortion is the only thing you can even consider Christ like in your political ideology.

Opposition to abortion isn't necessarily Christ like. As much as he exemplified compassion, I believe he would understand there are times when it is necessary.
Very few. However, we both know that the Democrat party supports abortion for any reason. Try being honest.

Jewish rabbis have thousands of years of recorded judgements concerning Gods Law, as laid out in Torah (the first 5 books of the O.T.) It is worthwhile to look at where they stand on issues of God's Law, don't you think?
Nope. Christians don't live under the law.

OK. That means you can't run back to the O.T to justify anything from now on. Where in the N.T. is abortion banned?
Everytime it says to love one another and do good.

No. That says to do good and love one another. Abortion isn't mentioned. Try again.
Murder is sin.
What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
No, his point is that all things considered in the teachings of Jesus, Democrats come a lot closer than republicans. Your self righteousness about abortion is the only thing you can even consider Christ like in your political ideology.

Opposition to abortion isn't necessarily Christ like. As much as he exemplified compassion, I believe he would understand there are times when it is necessary.
Very few. However, we both know that the Democrat party supports abortion for any reason. Try being honest.

Jewish rabbis have thousands of years of recorded judgements concerning Gods Law, as laid out in Torah (the first 5 books of the O.T.) It is worthwhile to look at where they stand on issues of God's Law, don't you think?

OK. That means you can't run back to the O.T to justify anything from now on. Where in the N.T. is abortion banned?

No. That says to do good and love one another. Abortion isn't mentioned. Try again.
Like I said, you're not equipped for this conversation. Jesus said "you shall not murder"

Abortion is not murder.
Tell that to the Lord when you meet him.

If he is against abortion, why didn't he say something about it?
Do you honestly believe Jesus is pro abortion? Idiot.

Even the rabbis believe life doesn't begin until 40 days, and they have studied God's Law for thousands of years. Jesus never mentioned it. He did change certain aspects of God's law, but he was very specific in what he changed. There was no doubt what he was doing. Nothing that monumental was ever done lightly or without specific reference. If he was going to change God's law, he would have at least mentioned it. I'm not aware of anyone else capable of changing God's law.

He didn't "change" God's Law, he fulfilled it.

OK. So in what verse did Jesus ban abortion?

LOL, just because you don't know your Bible like you thought you did doesn't mean I'm going to be dragged into your war of semantics. I know you think you're being clever but you aren't. You're looking for that 11th commandemnt; "Thou shalt not abort one's child". That's not the way it works kid.

OK. So you tell me how it works. Without adding words to what he said, or taking vast stretches of your imagination, you tell me why you think Jesus would want to ban abortion. I only ask that you provide one reason at the time. Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.

LOL, you're over your head here. Here is your response to no matter what I post: "That doesn't say anything about abortion". Like I said, you aren't as clever as you think.

Matthew 18:14

So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

Matthew 18:10

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven

These little ones clearly referred to post birth children who were there with him.. Not a fetus. Seems today's cChristians have reversed Jesus' teachings. They care about a fetus, but prro kids are on their own. Try again?

Murder is sin.

Like I said, you're not equipped for this conversation. Jesus said "you shall not murder"

Abortion is not murder.

Even the rabbis believe life doesn't begin until 40 days, and they have studied God's Law for thousands of years. Jesus never mentioned it. He did change certain aspects of God's law, but he was very specific in what he changed. There was no doubt what he was doing. Nothing that monumental was ever done lightly or without specific reference. If he was going to change God's law, he would have at least mentioned it. I'm not aware of anyone else capable of changing God's law.

LOL, just because you don't know your Bible like you thought you did doesn't mean I'm going to be dragged into your war of semantics. I know you think you're being clever but you aren't. You're looking for that 11th commandemnt; "Thou shalt not abort one's child". That's not the way it works kid.

OK. So you tell me how it works. Without adding words to what he said, or taking vast stretches of your imagination, you tell me why you think Jesus would want to ban abortion. I only ask that you provide one reason at the time. Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.

As an aside, here something else you have to deal with. Jesus is the whole of the Word hence the entire Bible has to be considered in any such discussion. (I warned you)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made . . . The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

— John 1:1-3, 14 (NIV)

OK. I don't have a problem discussing that, but lets do one thing at a time. Quit trying to muddle the discussion.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

What do you suppose he would have to say about those who so flippantly call others names?
Read Matthew 23 and learn what Jesus called the religious gangsters of his day. Idiot.

Yes. TV preachers today are the same as the Pharisees of his time. Making themselves fat and rich from the giving of the poor, with no compassion for widows, orphans, outcasts, and prisoners. Jesus had specific complaints agains the religious leaders of his day, and he was clear in what those complaints were. Nobody had to guess where they differed. Odd that he didn't include abortion in that list, don't you think? It's not like it wasn't practiced back then, is it?
You're really a sad case.

If you are going to profess to know the mind of God or Jesus, you really have to have scripture to back up your claims. After several requests, you have yet to show a single verse where Jesus was opposed to abortion. Even grammar school teachers expect you to show how you came to an answer. I'm just asking you to show your work.
Show me scripture or historical evidence that Jews in the Middle East the time of Jesus were practicing abortion? Oh wait, you won’t. Because they didn’t. There’s hundreds of versus talking about the evils of sacrificing your children for prosperity. Just a reminder, appeals to ignorance are a logical FALLACY.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorancerepresents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

Earliest Known Description of Abortion
Although contraception is older, the earliest known description of abortion comes from the ancient Egyptian medical text known as the Ebers Papyrus. This document, written about 1550 BCE, and credibly from records dating as far back as the third millennium BCE, suggests that an abortion can be induced with the use of a plant-fiber tampon coated with a compound that included honey and crushed dates. Later herbal abortifacients—substances used to promote abortions—included the long-extinct silphium, the most prized medicinal plant of the ancient world, and pennyroyal, which is still sometimes used to induce abortions (but not safely, as it is highly toxic). In Lysistrata, a satire written by the Greek comic playwright Aristophanes (460–380 BCE), the character Calonice describes a young woman as "well-cropped, and trimmed, and spruced with pennyroyal."

Abortion is never explicitly mentioned in any book of the Judeo-Christian Bible, but we do know that the ancient Egyptians, Persians, and Romans, among others, would have practiced it during their respective eras. The absence of any discussion of abortion in the Bible is conspicuous, and later authorities attempted to close the gap. Niddah 23a, a chapter of the Babylonian Talmud and probably written in the fourth century BCE, includes commentary from the later Talmudic scholars about abortion as determining whether a woman is "unclean." The discussion would likely have been consistent with contemporaneous secular sources permitting abortion during early pregnancy: "[A woman] can only abort something in the shape of a stone, and that can only be described as a lump."

Early Christian (c. third century CE) writers allude to contraceptives and abortifacients generally disapprovingly, prohibiting abortion within the context condemning theft, covetousness, perjury, hypocrisy, and pride. Abortion is never mentioned in the Qur'an, and later Muslim scholars hold a range of views regarding the morality of the practice—some holding that it is always unacceptable, others holding that it is acceptable up to the 16th week of pregnancy.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

What do you suppose he would have to say about those who so flippantly call others names?
Read Matthew 23 and learn what Jesus called the religious gangsters of his day. Idiot.

Yes. TV preachers today are the same as the Pharisees of his time. Making themselves fat and rich from the giving of the poor, with no compassion for widows, orphans, outcasts, and prisoners. Jesus had specific complaints agains the religious leaders of his day, and he was clear in what those complaints were. Nobody had to guess where they differed. Odd that he didn't include abortion in that list, don't you think? It's not like it wasn't practiced back then, is it?

If you are going to profess to know the mind of God or Jesus, you really have to have scripture to back up your claims. After several requests, you have yet to show a single verse where Jesus was opposed to abortion. Even grammar school teachers expect you to show how you came to an answer. I'm just asking you to show your work.
Show me scripture or historical evidence that Jews in the Middle East the time of Jesus were practicing abortion? Oh wait, you won’t. Because they didn’t. There’s hundreds of versus talking about the evils of sacrificing your children for prosperity. Just a reminder, appeals to ignorance are a logical FALLACY.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorancerepresents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.
In other words, “don’t try to confuse with facts and knowledge that I can’t refute. Only say the things I want you to say.”

That sounds like a reasonable request. that's why I posted evidence of abortions being done in Jesus time. The Bible didn't mention it, but several historical doccuments did.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

Don't try to muddle the conversation or distract by spouting everything you have ever heard at the same time.
In other words, “don’t try to confuse with facts and knowledge that I can’t refute. Only say the things I want you to say.”

He has put his pride on the line. He can NEVER admit to being wrong.

Show me that I'm wrong, and I will admit it. I won't like it, but I will do it. You haven't done that yet.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

LOL, you're over your head here. Here is your response to no matter what I post: "That doesn't say anything about abortion". Like I said, you aren't as clever as you think.

So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven

That goes for the ones that are born also.

That's the entire point, Jesus is "Pro Life" no matter how you cut it.

Many who claim to be are not.

The subject is Jesus.

The subject is also "pro-life".

Jesus is "Pro Life". Jesus is whom we are talking about.

That would include all the innocent brown children in the middle east we continue to kill every year.
Their Muslim uncles and cousins kill far more than we do. Idiot.

I don't think God grades on a curve. Somebody else being wrong doesn't justify you being wrong.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

That would include all the innocent brown children in the middle east we continue to kill every year.
Ya know who stacks up the brown bodies in the Middle East far more than anyone else? The Islamic extremist who live there that terrorize their own countries daily. Islamic extremist harm, kill, enslave, rape, torture, and subjugate their own countrymen at a far faster clip than our military could even if they were trying. Islamic extremist are far more devastating to their own countries than they are to any country in the west.

Which doesn't excuse us.
Excuse us? The USA has done nothing but good for the Middle East.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Ya know who stacks up the brown bodies in the Middle East far more than anyone else? The Islamic extremist who live there that terrorize their own countries daily. Islamic extremist harm, kill, enslave, rape, torture, and subjugate their own countrymen at a far faster clip than our military could even if they were trying. Islamic extremist are far more devastating to their own countries than they are to any country in the west.

Which doesn't excuse us.
Us doing what exactly? Who are we killing in the Middle East? Name some instances “brown” children died caused by the US. I certainly can. But the way you’re talking it sounds like you have a much better grasp on the subject so enlighten us.

Kunduz: When MSF Came Under Attack in Afghanistan
One instance from 5 years ago in America’s longest war to date? Not bad considering the use of very precise strikes using highly explosive materials delivers by vehicles traveling at supersonic speeds. Extremely superb considering the way war is conducted by almost every single other country today, and all throughout human history.

You asked for one instance. But yeah, your support for life does not include all.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

I dont really recall Jesus wanting to ban anything so maybe that's not really a fair question.

He never called for a "ban" on murder either.

Of course he didn't. He did, however, in Matthew 5 21:26, endorce and expand Old Testimen laws concerning murder.

I certainly believe that passage fits here.

Whoever insults his brother or sister, will be subject to the court.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.
Us doing what exactly? Who are we killing in the Middle East? Name some instances “brown” children died caused by the US. I certainly can. But the way you’re talking it sounds like you have a much better grasp on the subject so enlighten us.

One instance from 5 years ago in America’s longest war to date? Not bad considering the use of very precise strikes using highly explosive materials delivers by vehicles traveling at supersonic speeds. Extremely superb considering the way war is conducted by almost every single other country today, and all throughout human history.

You asked for one instance. But yeah, your support for life does not include all.
Not my point. You characterized the war as killing brown babies all the time. Reminder, talking about war. As compared to what? Name another country today, or anytime in the past that fights wars as carefully as we do? Wars have always been necessary evils that bring devastation, pillaging, and death to innocent population. The US on the other hand fights their wars by being extremely selective with their targets, talking to the villages to see what they need help with, whether it’s medical supplies, building wells, etc. War is a terrible endeavor. The US has one hell of a job making it suck way less. Accidents are going to happen. Friendly fire always happens. Is it fair to characterize the US as evil when that happens?

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Not my point. You characterized the war as killing brown babies all the time. Reminder, talking about war. As compared to what? Name another country today, or anytime in the past that fights wars as carefully as we do? Wars have always been necessary evils that bring devastation, pillaging, and death to innocent population. The US on the other hand fights their wars by being extremely selective with their targets, talking to the villages to see what they need help with, whether it’s medical supplies, building wells, etc. War is a terrible endeavor. The US has one hell of a job making it suck way less. Accidents are going to happen. Friendly fire always happens. Is it fair to characterize the US as evil when that happens?

No, there was NOTHING necessary about Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen and there is most certainly no reason we are still in Afghanistan for near 20 years now. Yes, the US is evil for what it is doing and we are going to end up paying for it.

The Guilty Conscience of a Drone Pilot Who Killed a Child

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

No, there was NOTHING necessary about Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen and there is most certainly no reason we are still in Afghanistan for near 20 years now. Yes, the US is evil for what it is doing and we are going to end up paying for it.

Oh I can agree with you 100% on the initial Syrian and Libyan destabilization (and that whole “Arab spring” debacle). Yemen I honestly don’t know much about other than our support is to stabilize the current government. I can’t imagine the rebels are any better than the current regime, mostly worse. Iraq in hindsight wasn’t a good decision, but remember, it was voted in favor for almost unanimously at the time. Does that mean the US is evil, no, not necessarily.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Oh I can agree with you 100% on the initial Syrian and Libyan destabilization (and that whole “Arab spring” debacle). Yemen I honestly don’t know much about other than our support is to stabilize the current government. I can’t imagine the rebels are any better than the current regime, mostly worse. Iraq in hindsight wasn’t a good decision, but remember, it was voted in favor for almost unanimously at the time. Does that mean the US is evil, no, not necessarily.

We have done 20 times over what we claimed we overthrew Saddam for doing.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Genocide? Or are you referring to taking over countries in the manner saddam did? I have never been one to say that propping up dictators in certain regions to serve our interest is something we should have ever practiced. But I don’t equate that with anything to likes of saddam taking countries by force. I also don’t think of the world as a safe place, or that these countries would flourish if we had just left them to their own devices. We are the most stabilizing force in the world. I don’t like us being the world police, but it’s undeniable that the world is a far safer place with us as strong interventionist whether the cause was justified or not. North and South Korea are a perfect example of this. Now that’s not the case in every example of our intervention, but the sad truth is in most countries of the world, as it has been since the inception of governments, is that governments are by far the biggest murderers of humans. They are the by far the largest violators of humans rights. A strong America that leans on the side of defending human rights worldwide is a good thing for billions of people who cannot defend themselves. Once again, the world is an extremely complex place. “America Evil” is not a sufficient analysis, and the consequences that would derive from this assumption would be devastating for billions of people. We should be kissing this land for the simple fact that we were the first country to develop nuclear bombs. Had we not, god only knows what kind of hell on earth would exist today

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Genocide? Or are you referring to taking over countries in the manner saddam did? I have never been one to say that propping up dictators in certain regions to serve our interest is something we should have ever practiced. But I don’t equate that with anything to likes of saddam taking countries by force. I also don’t think of the world as a safe place, or that these countries would flourish if we had just left them to their own devices. We are the most stabilizing force in the world. I don’t like us being the world police, but it’s undeniable that the world is a far safer place with us as strong interventionist whether the cause was justified or not. North and South Korea are a perfect example of this. Now that’s not the case in every example of our intervention, but the sad truth is in most countries of the world, as it has been since the inception of governments, is that governments are by far the biggest murderers of humans. They are the by far the largest violators of humans rights. A strong America that leans on the side of defending human rights worldwide is a good thing for billions of people who cannot defend themselves. Once again, the world is an extremely complex place. “America Evil” is not a sufficient analysis, and the consequences that would derive from this assumption would be devastating for billions of people. We should be kissing this land for the simple fact that we were the first country to develop nuclear bombs. Had we not, god only knows what kind of hell on earth would exist today

Saddam Never took another country. He tried one time. We do it routinely.

"Religious" people -- religion irrelevant -- have certainly earned the doubt.

Look at the "Christians" on this board, and their behaviors -- and that doesn't even count the death and destruction caused by "religious" people over history.

You folks have no room to criticize, condescend or whine. You bring this on yourselves. You're no better or more informed than anyone else.

So, you're just gonna dump your principals to get back at Democrats?

Must not have been very important to you, not very strongly held beliefs.

You've just cracked the code of the Cult45 and it's Cult of Personality.

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Is that the logic you’re using? Ok who are you more mad at, the person that tried to trip you and failed, or the person who accidentally tripped you? Saddam literally tried to wipe out the Kurds. Used mustard gas on entire villages. That’s pretty bad. And you’re saying the US is worse than Saddam?

Murder is sin.

Abortion is not murder.

The subject is Jesus.

Which doesn't excuse us.

Is that the logic you’re using? Ok who are you more mad at, the person that tried to trip you and failed, or the person who accidentally tripped you? Saddam literally tried to wipe out the Kurds. Used mustard gas on entire villages. That’s pretty bad. And you’re saying the US is worse than Saddam?

Mad? I'm simply correcting a false statement.

Yes, the US is worse than Saddam.

The fact that you call yourself religious, and hate the millions of ILLEGAL immigrants that risked their lives to come here you are a fake christian. I can go on forever.
So...Black Jesus is racist?

bbeb23c19f73d775cb998b1194594afe3a0dfb82b48adde687325701bd75cbb4.jpg

Forum List

Back