Time to Pull the Plug on EV’s

Demand for oil distillates in the US have been declining by 2% annually for over a decade. That is not changing.
Texas just put forward a plan to develop electricity stations every fifty miles. Kia/Hyundai, VW, GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are coming out with middle class priced models or shifting entirely to electric. EVs aren't coming, they are now.

With the use of new breed nuclear reactors, wind/solar, and gas/coal this will happen and has been happening.

DC tends to burn and melt stuff, rather than electrocute, though I have seen batteries explode at electro-lift charging stations and battery maintenance back in my industrial days and even in the military.
Your forgetting most of these cars now have inverters in them so they can be used to power homes in emergencies. Both AC and DC voltages are present. I am well aware of what these two forms of energy do and how they react. When these massive batteries short out internally, they explode. That is the true reason most shops will not touch them.. The fear of electrocution is a false fear but many shops cite it.

Then why are they wasting time and promising the bans?

How about this, if we get to 2035 and the bans come into effect, you owe me $10,000.00.

Money where your mouth(err fingers) is/are?
They would like to sell you on imminent action to get you forcibly used to the idea, that the closer you get, the easier you will accept. Who knows? We could see home or vehicle hydrogen generation (using internal combustion engines) in the next 12-15 years just as easy, only like allow people to grow their own pot, there is little economic big money industrial benefit to the profit kings in that idea.

They would like to sell you on imminent action to get you forcibly used to the idea, that the closer you get, the easier you will accept. Who knows? We could see home or vehicle hydrogen generation (using internal combustion engines) in the next 12-15 years just as easy, only like allow people to grow their own pot, there is little economic big money industrial benefit to the profit kings in that idea.

That shouldn't be the function of a government.

Fight crime, fix the roads, treat my sewage, don't try to condition me.

That you support shit like this is telling.

That shouldn't be the function of a government.

Fight crime, fix the roads, treat my sewage, don't try to condition me.

That you support shit like this is telling.
Move, ignore and live your life. Works for me. Just because I understand doesn't mean support. You won't see me moving in retirement to those blue states. Doubt I trade for an EV in that time frame either, maybe never. Cheer up.

Move, ignore and live your life. Works for me. Just because I understand doesn't mean support. You won't see me moving in retirement to those blue states. Doubt I trade for an EV in that time frame either, maybe never. Cheer up.

How do you ignore it if your State won't sell them?

And "move" is a cop out.

How do you ignore it if your State won't sell them?

And "move" is a cop out.
Sorry. If you are in one of those two states, and it is or was ever important to you, you should have taken steps to force change at grassroots long ago before it got totally out of hand, or moved a long time ago. If you thought being there was living the dream or moved there thinking it was, you should remember, having something or someplace is not always as satisfying as wanting something or someplace once you crash into reality. If you think your state is totally screwed, why would you expect me to help you fix, when my state is still performing to my expectations with the philosophies and legislative picks we have made at our polls?

Sorry. If you are in one of those two states, and it is or was ever important to you, you should have taken steps to force change at grassroots long ago before it got totally out of hand, or moved a long time ago. If you thought being there was living the dream or moved there thinking it was, you should remember, having something or someplace is not always as satisfying as wanting something or someplace once you crash into reality. If you think your state is totally screwed, why would you expect me to help you fix, when my state is still performing to my expectations with the philosophies and legislative picks we have made at our polls?

Who's asking you to do anything?

You are either ignoring it or passively defending it, and not answering the crux of my question.

If EV's are so awesome why do they have to be forced on people?

Who's asking you to do anything?

You are either ignoring it or passively defending it, and not answering the crux of my question.

If EV's are so awesome why do they have to be forced on people?
Ah, because of the state you chose to live your life in?
Not being force on me.

Ah, because of the state you chose to live your life in?
Not being force on me.

You don't think this will spread to other States?

And it's 3. Oregon did the same thing, and they have it starting in 2030.

You don't think this will spread to other States?

And it's 3. Oregon did the same thing, and they have it starting in 2030.
My uncle moved out of Grants Pass, Oregon, many years ago. He said the influx of Californians from their failed stated was ruining Oregon too. Said he had to get off the Left Coast.

We could see home or vehicle hydrogen generation
Not likely. The cost in energy to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen in water exceeds the energy gained from combining hydrogen and oxygen in a fuel cell or from burning the hydrogen in an ICE.

There really is no such thing as a free lunch.

My uncle moved out of Grants Pass, Oregon, many years ago. He said the influx of Californians from their failed stated was ruining Oregon too. Said he had to get off the Left Coast.
What kind of an EV do you drive?

Demand for oil distillates in the US have been declining by 2% annually for over a decade. That is not changing.
Texas just put forward a plan to develop electricity stations every fifty miles. Kia/Hyundai, VW, GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are coming out with middle class priced models or shifting entirely to electric. EVs aren't coming, they are now.

With the use of new breed nuclear reactors, wind/solar, and gas/coal this will happen and has been happening.
So what kind of an EV do you drive?

The Achilles’ heel of vehicle electrification is the lithium-ion battery, an inefficient, costly and vulnerable energy-storage system plagued by issues of weight, energy density, low performance in cold weather and grid adequacy — and now also by skyrocketing prices of the key minerals it requires: lithium, cobalt and nickel.

The electric mobility paradigm needs to be recognized for what it has been: a technical and fiscal flop. It should be shelved before it precipitates a serious meltdown of the automotive industry.

It should also be noted it takes over 500,000 pounds of earth to be moved by diesel guzzling machines to make ONE EV battery.

Trying to tell other people what they can or cannot buy, Comrade?

What kind of an EV do you drive?
None. I will not be contributing and changing over with a foreseeable timeframe. We love both our SUVs. Might get another pickup, but it will definitely be internal combustion. I would never live in one of the abusive states, so I'm not being threatened or provoked.

I don't, yet. I am trying to get about five more years on my current vehicle.
I think EV's have a place; a niche. But aren't really practical to replace ICE vehicles at scale. Smaller, less populous, more wealthy nations may be able to make it work but I'd be surprised to see it work here.

It's the car manufacturer's plan, and I don't need to know the specifics. They can spend their money to develop any technology they want. I don't have to buy their product if I don't like how it turns out.
Roflol. You really are crazy. Exactly how do you believe that the car manufacturers are going to increase energy generation. Man you are a fool.

I think EV's have a place; a niche. But aren't really practical to replace ICE vehicles at scale. Smaller, less populous, more wealthy nations may be able to make it work but I'd be surprised to see it work here.
We shall see. I have no crystal ball on this either, and no one's giving me a free car regardless.

Forum List

Back