Now Envirowhackos Go After Your Groceries

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
No fresh vegetables for you, peon!

It's Worse Than We Thought: Food Miles Account For a Sickening Amount of Emissions​

In many places around the world, grocery store produce aisles are a delightful array of colors, even in the depths of winter, when it feels like not much could grow outside.

But this year-round variety has a real cost on the planet, with a new study finding that 'food miles' account for 19 percent of all food emissions – three times more than previously thought.

Welcome to the 21st century. You can’t drive or eat.

What about shipping oil around the world instead of right here in the US?

It's Worse Than We Thought: Food Miles Account For a Sickening Amount of Emissions​

In many places around the world, grocery store produce aisles are a delightful array of colors, even in the depths of winter, when it feels like not much could grow outside.

But this year-round variety has a real cost on the planet, with a new study finding that 'food miles' account for 19 percent of all food emissions – three times more than previously thought.

I think we all should have fart meters on our asses to measure daily emissions and execute people who keep violating limits

They finally figured out everything is delivered by trucks ......

Wait till the avocado toast disappears

s,,s,s,s,.jpg

Now shut up and eat the locally sourced bugs bigots!

Shipping & Trucking food is very fuel efficient. 45,000/lbs on a semi loaded both ways getting 5/mpg is 900 times more fuel efficient per pound of food as your vehicle getting 25/mpg getting 20-lbs of groceries one way.

Last edited:

How many millions, perhaps billions, of people of color would die if food wasn't shipped out of poor countries in summer and into those countries in winter?

Its already in progress... the third world is going to stave this year and were not far behind.
We won't starve, we are the largest food exporter. Asia, India & Africa will starve. The only thing that will cause problems here is Nuclear War & Nuclear Winter killing all the crops, animals & people.

We won't starve, we are the largest food exporter. Asia, India & Africa will starve. The only thing that will cause problems here is Nuclear War & Nuclear Winter killing all the crops, animals & people.
Take off the blinders... Our own farmers are screaming about only getting one planting this year.. I am amazed at the ignorance of people and the willful downplaying of these things.. Prices of fuel and fertilizer have tripled or more. Just keep your head buried... I'm sure you will be able to scrounge for food...

Take off the blinders... Our own farmers are screaming about only getting one planting this year.. I am amazed at the ignorance of people and the willful downplaying of these things.. Prices of fuel and fertilizer have tripled or more. Just keep your head buried... I'm sure you will be able to scrounge for food...

Not in any AO I know of. He will be what is affectionately known as a "sandwhich"

No where has anyone identified any action even suggested being taken yet you all react as if the government were about to enforce mass starvation. How about getting real? As was pointed out, shipping in semis and on trains is quite efficient. And as semis and trains - and eventually planes - move toward electric propulsion, there will be less and less emission impact. In the meanwhile, no one is suggesting any restrictions be placed on the movement of food. So, get fucking real people.

You Lie!

USDA - NASS
2022 Planted Acreage change from 2021
Soybean Acreage Up 4 Percent
All Wheat Acreage Up 1 Percent
All Cotton Acreage Up 9 Percent
Corn Acreage Down 4 Percent

Forum List

Back