Tell me again, how EV's are GOOD for the environment??

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
This is happening more often..............EV's catching fire.

As opposed to FUEL driven vehicles, EV's catch fire more often and burn hotter and more completely.
What does this mean? It means the EV's are made of more flammable materials, which burn completely, releasing deadly toxic fumes into the atmosphere.

Fuel driven vehicles do not do this. Sure they burn, and can burn hot, but I've never seen one catch fire and burn till there was nothing left! I've also never seen a fuel driven vehicle fire that couldn't be put out! Even at the most potent fires a fuel driven vehicle could have that I've seen, they may burn all interior and contents, but leave the frame/metal parts.

For the EV's though, all that plastic, all that metal, being completely burned down into deadly toxic fumes!! Not to mention poisoning the ground with the cremated remains!!

... and watch out for the EV deniers to come in and say there are less fires with EV's than standard vehicles. But that is not apples to apples.
We are talking about spontaneous fires. Not vehicles in an accident.
Also, those statistics do not account for age.
Obviously a car catching on fire that is 30 years old is a bit different than one bought 6 months ago.

As opposed to FUEL driven vehicles, EV's catch fire more often and burn hotter and more completely.
What does this mean? It means the EV's are made of more flammable materials, which burn completely, releasing deadly toxic fumes into the atmosphere.

Fuel driven vehicles do not do this. Sure they burn, and can burn hot, but I've never seen one catch fire and burn till there was nothing left! I've also never seen a fuel driven vehicle fire that couldn't be put out! Even at the most potent fires a fuel driven vehicle could have that I've seen, they may burn all interior and contents, but leave the frame/metal parts.

For the EV's though, all that plastic, all that metal, being completely burned down into deadly toxic fumes!! Not to mention poisoning the ground with the cremated remains!!
I’ve been an ICE (internal combustion engine) afficendro since I was in diapers

And I’m not freaked out by the man-made global warming end of the world lie being spread by the greenies

If every EV owner had to pay full price for their EV there would be very few on the roads today

Its only bullying government mandates and other cute tricks by the libs that created Tesla and made it a viable company

Which as a free marketeer I deeply resent

But someday electric cars will be a reasonable alternative to Herr Otto’s gasoline engine

Its the stupidity of libs pushing the technology forward before its time that offends me

I’ve been an ICE (internal combustion engine) afficendro since I was in diapers

And I’m not freaked out by the man-made global warming end of the world lie being spread by the greenies

If every EV owner had to pay full price for their EV there would be very few on the roads today

Its only bullying government mandates and other cute tricks by the libs that created Tesla and made it a viable company

Which as a free marketeer I deeply resent

But someday electric cars will be a reasonable alternative to Herr Otto’s gasoline engine

Its the stupidity of libs pushing the technology forward before its time that offends me

As this guy states.................."We aren't there yet".

... and watch out for the EV deniers to come in and say there are less fires with EV's than standard vehicles. But that is not apples to apples.
We are talking about spontaneous fires. Not vehicles in an accident.
Also, those statistics do not account for age.
Obviously a car catching on fire that is 30 years old is a bit different than one bought 6 months ago.
How about fires/vehicle owned for frequency?

I was thinking to measure the frequency of fires for electric vehicles compared to gas powered cars....look at it by vehicles owned to see the higher percentage.
To be apples to apples you it MUST be the same age/mileage.
These EV loving websites, repeated by left media - love to tout about the "truth" that EV cars have much less fires than internal combustion. But they are including ALL cars no matter the mileage and age.
Like I say... a 6 month old car bursting in flames spontaneously is a WHOLE other deal than a 30 year old car catching fire after an accident

What is lifetime emissions?

Ever consider that?

A study commissioned by the EU found that an EV only reduces an ICE vehicle pollution by 17% to 30%, that depends on the size of the battery you buy in the EV. This is raw materials, manufacturing, running and maintenance, to disposal. No rock unturned in calculating the figures.

ICE vehicles lead the stats on car fires, but as more EV's take to road and more car crashes, it'll be interesting to see the stats over time. Once a lithium catches fire, you can certainly say goodbye to the bit of tarmac it's sat on. If friends turn up in an EV, they have to stay in the parking area beside the main road, I won't have them near my second home. It has a drive, but I'm not willing to take the risk

Depends on where one lives. More and more power generation will become renewable every year.
That's a pipe dream. Renewable energy is inherently unreliable because it is by definition an intermittent electrical generating technology. EV's will always be predominantly powered by fossil fuels and will eventually fall out of favor because they are not practical.

That's a pipe dream. Renewable energy is inherently unreliable because it is by definition an intermittent electrical generating technology. EV's will always be predominantly powered by fossil fuels and will eventually fall out of favor because they are not practical.
Dude, how long has hydroelectric power been and issue for you conservatives? Countries have not stopped building wind trubines or solar because of generation issues.

Additionally, EV's in the future will not be predominantly powered by fossil fuels and EV sales are expected to overtake combustion engines around 2030. EV sales are up 80% this year.

Dude, how long has hydroelectric power been and issue for you conservatives? Countries have not stopped building wind trubines or solar because of generation issues.

Additionally, EV's in the future will not be predominantly powered by fossil fuels and EV sales are expected to overtake combustion engines around 2030. EV sales are up 80% this year.
Hydro is great. Solar and wind, not so much.

Says the guy driving a hybrid instead of an EV, amiright?

Hydro is great. Solar and wind, not so much.

Says the guy driving a hybrid instead of an EV, amiright?
You stated all renewable power was unreliable.

Yes, but I don't understand your fixation on a hybrid vehicle.

What's the point?

You stated all renewable power was unreliable.

Yes, but I don't understand your fixation on a hybrid vehicle.

What's the point?
I never said "all," I said...
Renewable energy is inherently unreliable because it is by definition an intermittent electrical generating technology.
So that comment only applies to renewable energy that is an intermittent electrical generating technology which would be solar and wind which are the renewables that are projected to replace fossil fuels. That is before they realize that's a pipe dream and can't be done without significant issues from disruptions in service. Just look at what is happening in Europe right now. It's a cluster fuck.

My comment on you driving a hybrid vehicle is intended to show that even you don't trust EV's enough to buy one. And for good reason too. They aren't a viable replacement for ICE vehicles.

Forum List

Back