'Time To Make Them Pay'; Internal Docs Further Expose Exxon

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Previously unreported documents published on the front page of The Wall Street Journal Thursday show that ExxonMobil continued to work behind closed doors to cast doubt on climate science, even after the company publicly acknowledged the link between fossil fuel-driven greenhouse gas emissions and climate change in 2006.

The documents—which detail email exchanges between executives, board meeting conversations, and other company proceedings—reveal that during his tenure as CEO, Rex Tillerson joined other Exxon leaders in questioning "the severity of climate change's impacts," the Journal reported.

It has long been public knowledge that Exxon, the largest oil and gas company in the United States, was aware of the climate impacts of its business model well before it admitted the link between fossil fuels and climate change.

A peer-reviewed study published earlier this year in the journal Science shows that Exxon's own internal data between 1977 and 2003 contradicted the company's public statements downplaying and questioning the veracity of climate science.

The Journal's reporting confirms that Exxon did not stop working to sow doubt about climate change after it conceded for the first time in 2006 that "the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere poses risks that may prove significant for society and ecosystems."

Just to be clear here.

the company publicly acknowledged the link between fossil fuel-driven greenhouse gas emissions and climate change in 2006.

Previously unreported documents published on the front page of The Wall Street Journal Thursday show that ExxonMobil continued to work behind closed doors to cast doubt on climate science, even after the company publicly acknowledged the link between fossil fuel-driven greenhouse gas emissions and climate change in 2006.

The documents—which detail email exchanges between executives, board meeting conversations, and other company proceedings—reveal that during his tenure as CEO, Rex Tillerson joined other Exxon leaders in questioning "the severity of climate change's impacts," the Journal reported.

It has long been public knowledge that Exxon, the largest oil and gas company in the United States, was aware of the climate impacts of its business model well before it admitted the link between fossil fuels and climate change.

A peer-reviewed study published earlier this year in the journal Science shows that Exxon's own internal data between 1977 and 2003 contradicted the company's public statements downplaying and questioning the veracity of climate science.

The Journal's reporting confirms that Exxon did not stop working to sow doubt about climate change after it conceded for the first time in 2006 that "the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere poses risks that may prove significant for society and ecosystems."

Just to be clear here.

the company publicly acknowledged the link between fossil fuel-driven greenhouse gas emissions and climate change in 2006.

Why does this remind me of when cigarette companies paid scientists to create studies that showed smoking was good for you or at the very least not bad for you?

Just to be clear here.

In case you weren't aware, the world needs fossil fuels and will for a long time to come.

Just to be clear here.

Unless they did any of this under oath, there is no crime here.

Just to be clear here.

This is Moon Bat bullshit.

There is no man made component to climate change. None that can be backed up by any credible science. Just a stupid unscientific correlation, lots of fraudulent and dishonest data and shit in out computer models chasing research grants.

All American should just ignore the scam.

Thank god we have Exxon or we all would be living like Africans.

This is Moon Bat bullshit.

There is no man made component to climate change. None that can be backed up by any credible science. Just a stupid unscientific correlation, lots of fraudulent and dishonest data and shit in out computer models chasing research grants.

All American should just ignore the scam.

Thank god we have Exxon or we all would be living like Africans.

And even if there is, what is going to happen isn't worth ruining the standard of living of the masses just so the elites can keep theirs.

I'll take my ICE vehicle, my air conditioning, my non plant/bug limited diet, my reliable power grid, and all the other things the left wants me to give up over having to adjust to some worse weather and changes in how and where we have to grow crops.

And even if there is, what is going to happen isn't worth ruining the standard of living of the masses just so the elites can keep theirs.

I'll take my ICE vehicle, my air conditioning, my non plant/bug limited diet, my reliable power grid, and all the other things the left wants me to give up over having to adjust to some worse weather and changes in how and where we have to grow crops.
Climate change is Nature. Man made climate change is a Leftest scam.

Climate change is Nature. Man made climate change is a Leftest scam.

I don't agree or disagree that we may have something to do with it. What I disagree with is what the left wants to do about it.

Anything done from any source could impact climate, the issue is do we need to ruin our lives over it.

I don't agree or disagree that we may have something to do with it. What I disagree with is what the left wants to do about it.

Anything done from any source could impact climate, the issue is do we need to ruin our lives over it.
All the data indicates that the man made component of climate change is nil. Like you said, nothing to warrant fucking up everybody's standard of living.

All the data indicates that the man made component of climate change is nil. Like you said, nothing to warrant fucking up everybody's standard of living.

As an Engineer I take data from studies and simulations over such a complex system as climate with a large grain of salt.

Too many variables, to many chances to make a mistake or put a finger on the button to skew the data the way you want it.

Why does this remind me of when cigarette companies paid scientists to create studies that showed smoking was good for you or at the very least not bad for you?
Or when Purdue Pharma paid doctors to say the opioids were not addictive....

Forum List

Back