Time to hold police accountable

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.

We have been holding police accountable for a long time. The list of officers that were either fired, or jailed for manslaughter, is pretty consistent.

In this, yeah, that guy needs fired, and even jailed.

There hasn't been a time where officers were not held accountable.
Nonsense. Every single one where they weren't put before a jury to decide their guilt or innocence, were not held accountable to the proper authorities.
You want revenge, not justice.
In a government of the people, for the people, and by the people; the People are the rightful arbiters of justice.

And police officers are servants of the people, and I support them protecting society by killing criminals.
Until he had been convicted by a jury, or plead guilty he was just a citizen. And if you support the police killing people suspected of criminal behavior, while under no threat of harm; you support the killing of innocent civilians. Which makes you the enemy of free men in this country. I'm sure you'll change your tune when its your turn in the barrel.

Bull crap. You run at a police officer and try and take his gun, you are a threat. You are threat to the officer, and society, your death is a benefit to everyone.

I'm sure you'll change your tune when its your turn in the barrel.

But see, I wouldn't be in the barrel. Because I'm a law abiding citizen. When police officer says "stop"... I don't run away, or argue, or try and take his gun.

What do I do when an officer of the law says stop?...... I stop.

I've had a few interesting run ins with police officers.

One guy pulled his gun on me, and started telling me to put the phone on the dash, and hands up.

"Yes sir." Put the phone on the dash, and put my hands up.

Nothing else happened. Because I followed orders, and did what I was told, and treated the officer with respect.

I had another guy, yell to put my hands on the steering wheel, and not move.

"Yes sir." Put my hands on the steering wheel, and I kept them there, until I was specific told I could move. Which by the way, was almost an hour and a half later.

Nothing else happened. Because I followed instructions, and treated the officer with respect.

See? Good people don't get shot. Bad people do. Are there exceptions? Sure. I've met bad police officers. Any group that has people in it, is going to have bad people.

Are there examples where officers shot someone they should not have? Sure.

But generally speaking... good people don't get shot. Bad people do.

Most of the examples of the past 8 years.... have all been terrible people. Defending criminals, is what evil people do. Which makes YOU an enemy of free men in this country.

I'm on the right side of this debate. You are not. You are the evil in this country, that needs purged.
Your definition of "good people " seems to only be people who follow orders, and don't question authority, lol.

I don't think you have much of a handle on this "freedom" thing we are supposed to have in this country. In fact, I think little drones like you are the reason we have to keep reminding everyone this country is supposed to be free.

You're on the wrong side of things.

Turds who don't even hold criminals accountable telling us how police should be held accountable?

Do I smell LEFTISTS?
Do so called "rightist" enjoy seeing police brutality and murder?

Those who are right enjoy seeing streets without crime.

Those who are not right enjoy the 3rd world feel.
Norm, you're talking like a total stupid shit now. Streets free of crime? What good is that if the streets are empty of crime because criminals walk free to kill those they don't like with impunity? Was that black man a THREAT to anyone's life? Was he a matter of kill or be killed? Watching that video was painful.

For you watching an episode of pokemon is painful, but what you don't realize is that no one cares about the cries about your feels.

Leftists crying about how criminals should be freed is tiring. The answer will always be a big astounding NO. If you resist arrest, you are in trouble.
I agree. I do not like body cam's because a good ass whipping is warranted and it uncloggs the court docket. But this...this is too far. Those two do not need to be wearing a badge.
This is an open and shut case. Try the cop for first degree murder. Life sentence upon found guilty. He’ll get his justice in prison.
His actions were not in fitting with the professionalism that is the mark of our great law enforcement that we have in this nation. Somehow the retarded left in this country will blame President Trump for this.
Great law enforcement??? WTF!

Fry this fucker big time.

Only a complete moron forms his opinion from the sample of ONE.

Remember, the media goes out of its way to find these cases. If the police actually was shitty, they would find much more than a single clip every couple of years. Being a cop is a difficult job.

Turds who don't even hold criminals accountable telling us how police should be held accountable?

Do I smell LEFTISTS?

Norm, you're talking like a total stupid shit now. Streets free of crime? What good is that if the streets are empty of crime because criminals walk free to kill those they don't like with impunity? Was that black man a THREAT to anyone's life? Was he a matter of kill or be killed? Watching that video was painful.

For you watching an episode of pokemon is painful, but what you don't realize is that no one cares about the cries about your feels.

Leftists crying about how criminals should be freed is tiring. The answer will always be a big astounding NO. If you resist arrest, you are in trouble.
I agree. I do not like body cam's because a good ass whipping is warranted and it uncloggs the court docket. But this...this is too far. Those two do not need to be wearing a badge.
This is an open and shut case. Try the cop for first degree murder. Life sentence upon found guilty. He’ll get his justice in prison.
His actions were not in fitting with the professionalism that is the mark of our great law enforcement that we have in this nation. Somehow the retarded left in this country will blame President Trump for this.

We have great law enforcement in our nation. They are heroes everyday and night they leave home to be degraded and threatened by scumbag pieces of shit in our society. But with this particular case...the officer was wrong with his actions.
Yes the vast majority of LEO are good but sadly, there are too many bad apples. Fry these fuckers big time, when they murder. Then, problem solved.

Do I smell LEFTISTS?

We have great law enforcement in our nation. They are heroes everyday and night they leave home to be degraded and threatened by scumbag pieces of shit in our society. But with this particular case...the officer was wrong with his actions.
Yes the vast majority of LEO are good but sadly, there are too many bad apples. Fry these fuckers big time, when they murder. Then, problem solved.

Fry the looters, even bigger problem solved.

Recall, if there is no crime, cops aren't even needed.

You really are a piece of shit Nazi wannabe.

Where I come from it’s called Law and Order. Better a few of the innocent are punished than the guilty get away without punishment.
Government is crime; that's all it is, a continuing criminal enterprise.

I'd rather see a hundred guilty men walking around loose, than see one instance of the state punishing an innocent.

People like you don't survive long in my vicinity.

The inquiry needs to look at what is going on in this officer's life. Is he going through a divorce or other stressors in his life? Hence in the future law enforcement agencies can take a law enforcement provider off the beat so his personal problem's don't manifest themselves on the streets. Thankless job, but both of their actions are point blank unexcusable.

There is no video or reports from any witnesses that he ever resisted arrest. How easy is it to resist arrest with your hands cuffed?
My previous post was based on a radio talk show comment in which someone claimed he was resisting before being cuffed. Having now looked at a few videos, none show the part where Floyd is cuffed, and all begin where he's standing next to his car already cuffed.

As far as I can ascertain from numerous videos, it is uncertain if Floyd resisted before the cuffing. Videos simply don't show that part, so I can't say if he resisted or not. I can't help though but think back to the despicable, KTLA, Rodney King video which deliberately doctored out King's massive resistance, leaving in only the last few seconds, where cops had exhausted all previous means, then becoming forced to use force on King to subdue him.

As for how easy to resist when cuffed, not as easy as when not cuffed, but arrestees do it all the time.

Lastly, Floyd was not resisting in the latter stages, so the knee on the neck for an extended time does look unecessary, although it is easy for those of us who aren't there making that arrest to talk, when we don't have to consider if Floyd (a big, well-built guy) might suddenly start physically resisting AGAINST US.

You really are a piece of shit Nazi wannabe.

Where I come from it’s called Law and Order. Better a few of the innocent are punished than the guilty get away without punishment.
Government is crime; that's all it is, a continuing criminal enterprise.

I'd rather see a hundred guilty men walking around loose, than see one instance of the state punishing an innocent.

People like you don't survive long in my vicinity.
We need government as part of the " social contract" but, as Rousseau stated it must be the thinnest veil of governence as possible.

There is no video or reports from any witnesses that he ever resisted arrest. How easy is it to resist arrest with your hands cuffed?
My previous post was based on a radio talk show comment in which someone claimed he was resisting before being cuffed. Having now looked at a few videos, none show the part where Floyd is cuffed, and all begin where he's standing next to his car already cuffed.

As far as I can ascertain from numerous videos, it is uncertain if Floyd resisted before the cuffing. Videos simply don't show that part, so I can't say if he resisted or not. I can't help though but think back to the despicable, KTLA, Rodney King video which deliberately doctored out King's massive resistance, leaving in only the last few seconds, where cops had exhausted all previous means, then becoming forced to use force on King to subdue him.

As for how easy to resist when cuffed, not as easy as when not cuffed, but arrestees do it all the time.

Lastly, Floyd was not resisting in the latter stages, so the knee on the neck for an extended time does look unecessary, although it is easy for those of us who aren't there making that arrest to talk, when we don't have to consider if Floyd (a big, well-built guy) might suddenly start physically resisting AGAINST US.
I'm sure he resisted, but the officer should have taken his knee off the man's neck when he said he couldn't breath. I agree with your post. That officer should realize it's 2020 and men and women that wear a badge are under a microscope. The actions of the two officers are unexcusable.

You are just uninformed. There is a video of him sitting down with his hands cuffed long before he gets to the car. There were lots of witnesses also.

But once you are on the ground, with cuffs on you, you don't put a knee on someone's neck.
If they are handcuffed, they are presumably "arrested." Unless they are Bruce Lee or Kwai Chang Caine.
Anyone who knows anything about anatomy and defense knows that one of the most vulnerable places to hurt or kill someone is the neck/throat area.
If I lean on you with my knee on your neck for 5 minutes, I guarandamntee you, bad things will happen.
That's a last resort area to use in an emergency with a dangerous, violent person when all else has failed to gain control of a person.
The guy thinks he’s some type of expert on how violent apprehensions should be snowflake handled
I am an expert and I agree with him.

I'm a certified MOAB instructor and I got about 25+ years of martial arts and combatives experience. And I've spent almost my entire adult life in professions where violence and use of force is integral to my paycheck.

I know wtf I'm talking about here, this is my world. It is the cop's job to handle violent situations with the absolute least amount of force necessary, and least damage done to all parties, and he deliberately failed to do so.

Fuck him..... he needs to do time.

You have got that totally backwards.

QUOTATION:​
That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved.
ATTRIBUTION:​
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, letter to Benjamin Vaughan, March 14, 1785.—The Writings of Benjamin Franklin, ed. Albert H. Smyth, vol. 9, p. 293 (1906).

Respectfully, Mr Franklin was absolutely incorrect. He mistakenly believed that Freedom trumps the necessity to impose rigid and total Law and Order in Society.
No, I don't think so.

BTW, if your ideas of how things should be were right, then you wouldn't need to ruthlessly impose it upon society by way of armed and empowered law enforcement agencies.

People who think like you are evil and twisted, and I think responsible men should kill you whenever they encounter you. The same way I kill copperheads in my yard, and for the same reasons.

I highly doubt that the Asian officer is part of Stormfront...
Well that's fascinating, but i wasn't referring in any way to the officers. Neither was the other poster to whom i responded. I was referring to the fake "report" he says he read that, given protectionist 's track record, likely does not exist anyway.

Do I smell LEFTISTS?

The problem with bad cops is that good cops tend to cover for them. Bad cops give all cops a bad name so good cops should tolerate them least of all. However they tend to cling to the blue wall bullshit instead then shit like this keeps going on so all cops suffer. If the good cops took the assholes in their ranks out for a good well deserved ass whoopin once in a while, this kinda shit would soon stop.

Forum List

Back