Time to hold police accountable

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.
If a man can speak to say "I can't breathe", he can breathe. Breathing is necessary for speaking.
So why did he die mr doctor?

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.
If a man can speak to say "I can't breathe", he can breathe. Breathing is necessary for speaking.
but in this case he died,,,so your POV means nothing,,,

If it was a black policeman with his knee on a white guys neck causing him to sufocate and die. The words "hate crime" would never be mentioned by the media.
You might be right. But then, show me a white guy getting choked to death like that? What does your hypothetical to do with THIS guy being choked to death. Should not have happened.
I have not given you a like in a while wee both know why but right is right. I agree with you on this one.
This isn't about politics, its about law and human rights. I've had this argument before, but I'll say it again, the police have many options at their disposal to get control of someone. They are trained and armed to the teeth. Their job is to deal with the situation, diffuse it if possible, restore the peace, arrest if they must, then let the court decide the punishment, if any, not see it met out right there in the street. Especially when there was no lethal threat being offered.

Being progressive or conservative shouldn't blind anyone to basic common sense, law, and human decency. I'm tired of hearing all cops are bad or that if you put up a fight, that anything goes. Most cops are good people, but neither does anything go. I'm a big guy, about 300 pounds, I'm licensed to carry a .45, and I know some martial arts. I would have rather put my gun to that cop's head and ordered him to get off that guy's neck or get his brains blown out and citizen-arrested him and faced the consequences later, than to have walked away or stood there and have to live the rest of my life knowing I watched another person being murdered and did nothing.
With three other cops around, you would put a gun to a cops head?! That would be suicide by cop and you would be even stupider than most thugs.

If it was a black policeman with his knee on a white guys neck causing him to sufocate and die. The words "hate crime" would never be mentioned by the media.
You might be right. But then, show me a white guy getting choked to death like that? What does your hypothetical to do with THIS guy being choked to death. Should not have happened.
I have not given you a like in a while wee both know why but right is right. I agree with you on this one.
This isn't about politics, its about law and human rights. I've had this argument before, but I'll say it again, the police have many options at their disposal to get control of someone. They are trained and armed to the teeth. Their job is to deal with the situation, diffuse it if possible, restore the peace, arrest if they must, then let the court decide the punishment, if any, not see it met out right there in the street. Especially when there was no lethal threat being offered.

Being progressive or conservative shouldn't blind anyone to basic common sense, law, and human decency. I'm tired of hearing all cops are bad or that if you put up a fight, that anything goes. Most cops are good people, but neither does anything go. I'm a big guy, about 300 pounds, I'm licensed to carry a .45, and I know some martial arts. I would have rather put my gun to that cop's head and ordered him to get off that guy's neck or get his brains blown out and citizen-arrested him and faced the consequences later, than to have walked away or stood there and have to live the rest of my life knowing I watched another person being murdered and did nothing.
careefull tube I might start to like you! You show back bone and understanding with those statements. You are the first to suggest actions that I wold have taken had i been present. I agree most cops are good people and those who act as this one has give them a bad name and put the good ones in needless danger. Maybe we are more alike than I thought. Who knows maybe this corona virus thing will have a silver lining in it and these raucus factions that have fought so bitterly will come togehter and find some common ground in the future. This I hope and pray for as I walk through the sreets these days I see more fear and pain than i have in all of my life and i do not have enough time to gives hugs to all those in need. We need to become ambasadors of hope,faith and love to reverse the emmense evil that is brewing around us. I was visiting my daughter yesterday and an attractive young lady was with her. Upon the end of my visit I gave my daughter a hug. her little friends eyes immediately dialated and her body language was that of lust. She immediately said she wanted a hug. I do not care if a young lady or even old lady gets a bit of a thrill from a hug from me god knows I have enjoyed hugs from some young ladies in ways they likely did not. Who am I to judge thier motivation. To make a long story short I provided the hug and affection requested with out remorse. While she was hugging me I got a different feeling as to her motiations. I could feel the pain and fear in her corse through my body. This poor attractive young lady just wanted to feel safe for even a moment. This what what motivated a young lady to hug a complete stranger. The fact that she needed to turn to a complete stranger for this type of comfort resonated through my soul. Evil surrounds us and it is up to us to eliminate it through kindness and understanding of the person right in front of us. If you are willing to put your self in jeopardy in the situation as desribed in this thread you have the abiltiy to be an ambaador of love kindness and security to those right in fron of you. I chalenge you to take this responsiblity and change the wolrd one person at a time. Likely more effective than the two of us arguing on here.

Yer right! That bastard was pretending to be dead from no breath!

I asked you a question because you said something stupid. Too bad your response rose to an even higher level of stupidity
No, I did NOT say something stupid. I merely commented that the guy could breathe, when he said he couldn't. What was stupid was your question asking me why he died. How the hell do I know?.. and you don't either, or if you think you do, let's hear it.

However judging by the stupidity you've already demonstrated here, your credibility isn't exactly ranking too high.

So maybe you DO think I'm his mother, is that right ? :laugh:

I live in a urban city,, this needs to happen more often, show some respect

stfu

but in this case he died,,,so your POV means nothing,,,
1. Wrong. It means that when he said "I can't breathe", he COULD breathe. So your post is stupid.
2. You got a report on his cause of death ?
or he couldnt have meant he was having trouble breathing and said the first thing to come to mind,,,

the fact is he died due to the violent restraint put on him,,,

Why did he die then?

Look, TOTAL STRAWMAN ARGUMENT. Has NOTHING to do with a man being choked to death on the street who was offering no resistance.
How do you establish him "offering no resistance" ? I heard a report that said that he WAS resisting arrest.

With three other cops around, you would put a gun to a cops head?! That would be suicide by cop and you would be even stupider than most thugs.
Right is right some will die for it. At my age i dont lose much. I could not live with myself having watched a murder and done nothing. I would like to think that the other cops seeing some one act with honor would be contagous and make them remember why they got on the force in the first place. If not my pistol holds more than one round. You know I went from wanting to troll tube to offering a space in my fox hole right beside me. I respect those who will do for other even when it can put ones self in jeopardy. I was willing to die for my country on foreign soil why would I not be willing on US soil.

I live in a urban city,, this needs to happen more often, show some respect

stfu
It’s true, blacks are beyond disrespectful. It’s time

Forum List

Back