Time for Reparations to the Irish

And then you don't have to listen to this "Irish" nonsense...that is as disingenuous as "Blue Lives Matters"
I promise reparations to everyone who was a slave.

How many Irish are living today that suffered through those times, since you claim that is the criteria.

About the same as the blacks....zero

Really, there are plenty of black folks living today that came through Jim Crow segregation. I am one of them.

You're owed nothing

And then you don't have to listen to this "Irish" nonsense...that is as disingenuous as "Blue Lives Matters"

How many Irish are living today that suffered through those times, since you claim that is the criteria.

Really, there are plenty of black folks living today that came through Jim Crow segregation. I am one of them.

You're owed nothing

Oh yea were are owed restitution, will my generation ever see it? Probably not.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Slavery was institutionalized in the Colonies by the English, the Spanish and every other European country for 200 hundred years. The Confederacy only existed for about 4 years. The last Yankee state to abolish slavery was New Jersey about ten years before the Civil War. The Irish immigrants in the early 1860's were snatched up almost before they left the ship to be used as cannon fodder in the Civil War by the hypocrite North.

So are you saying that the Irish who volunteered to come to America suffered worse than the black folks who were brought to this country in chains.
Show me an Irishman who had his children sold off or was whipped

Read the book White Cargo, tragic
People forget every race has been involved in buying and selling slaves. Again, holding present day people responsible for the past makes no sense. It is a tool to divide people.

So you think the OP is full of shit.
No, I know he is full of shit and is a racist of the highest caliber.

I lived during partnof it and really Jim Crow didn't end until the 1980's if it has ended at all.

People forget every race has been involved in buying and selling slaves. Again, holding present day people responsible for the past makes no sense. It is a tool to divide people.

The issue is more than slavery and if you aren't going to hold us to the past, then our current constitution is invalid. And since you're paying native americans annual reparations for agreements made in the past, this sorry ass white excuse fails on it's face.

This opposition to reparations is just a testament to the belief in white supremacy regarding blacks. Everybody else can get reparations but we don't need to do that for blacks because it's their place.

The issue is more than slavery and if you aren't going to hold us to the past, then our current constitution is invalid. And since you're paying native americans annual reparations for agreements made in the past, this sorry ass white excuse fails on it's face.

This opposition to reparations is just a testament to the belief in white supremacy regarding blacks. Everybody else can get reparations but we don't need to do that for blacks because it's their place.
Indians are "everybody" else? :auiqs.jpg:

See IM2. They WANT you folks to demand reperations...because they know they can defeat that
"They", are about 10 percent of the population. Again you seem unable to understand that reparations are being paid right now to native american nations for things done in the past and those reparations include money, free college, and no taxes. Educating the public against right wing racist propaganda will be the key. What some idiots say here don't stop no show.

They get reparations for as long as there is a USA for things that happened before any of them were born and you pay them every year. And indians helped the white man capture other indians, so every excuse you racists use simply are meritless.

See IM2. They WANT you folks to demand reperations...because they know they can defeat that
"They", are about 10 percent of the population. Again you seem unable to understand that reparations are being paid right now to native american nations for things done in the past and those reparations include money, free college, and no taxes. Educating the public against right wing racist propaganda will be the key. What some idiots say here don't stop no show.
American Indians make up 1.91% of the population, idiot.

They get reparations for as long as there is a USA for things that happened before any of them were born and you pay them every year. And indians helped the white man capture other indians, so every excuse you racists use simply are meritless.
You are the racist here.

Black slavery is an African legacy that continues to this day. America by comparison had a brief tenure with it and ceased the practice. Look around the globe and you will find that enslavement and forced transport of people is done by non-whites.

Regarding reparations, if this is a serious discussion then I don’t think America should be solely on the hook. I think families whose ancestors owned traded slaves should pay more; none of mine owned slaves. We were off the boat Ellis Island People. If it is going to be every American paying, then Western Europe needs to pay as do the African Nations that sold Black slaves to the West in the first place and continue the practice today.

The government made slavery legal. The case is against the government. It is not against individual white familes. Europe or Africa has nothing to do with the laws made by the government here regarding slavery, jim crow and modern racist practices.

The case may be against the Government today but was it Government policy or mandate to send slave traders to Western Europe or Africa itself to buy slaves? Also, it is not just white families that traded slaves here in America. That is a myth.

Slavery was legal by government decree. Without that there is no trade. Actually it was white families that did that. Most blacks purchased enslave relatives. This is documented. Also, the number of free blacks was very small. Furthermore the government of this nation, not Western Europe implemented Jim Crow apartheid. There are no excuses.

American Indians make up 1.91% of the population, idiot.
I don't give a fuck. Your ass pays them reparations because of the attempted genocide of the indian nations that happened before you were born.

Black slavery is an African legacy that continues to this day. America by comparison had a brief tenure with it and ceased the practice. Look around the globe and you will find that enslavement and forced transport of people is done by non-whites.

Regarding reparations, if this is a serious discussion then I don’t think America should be solely on the hook. I think families whose ancestors owned traded slaves should pay more; none of mine owned slaves. We were off the boat Ellis Island People. If it is going to be every American paying, then Western Europe needs to pay as do the African Nations that sold Black slaves to the West in the first place and continue the practice today.

The government made slavery legal. The case is against the government. It is not against individual white familes. Europe or Africa has nothing to do with the laws made by the government here regarding slavery, jim crow and modern racist practices.

The case may be against the Government today but was it Government policy or mandate to send slave traders to Western Europe or Africa itself to buy slaves? Also, it is not just white families that traded slaves here in America. That is a myth.

Slavery was legal by government decree. Without that there is no trade. Actually it was white families that did that. Most blacks purchased enslave relatives. This is documented. Also, the number of free blacks was very small. Furthermore the government of this nation, not Western Europe implemented Jim Crow apartheid. There are no excuses.

So, how much of a reparations payment would suffice for an individual? What would be the criteria for an individual to qualify and what would be the process? What controls would be in place to prevent fraud?

So, how much of a reparations payment would suffice for an individual? What would be the criteria for an individual to qualify and what would be the process? What controls would be in place to prevent fraud?
Here it comes...

We'll figure that out when we get reparations since whites have not asked that of other groups who havr recieved or still receive reparations.

We'll figure that out when we get reparations since whites have not asked that of other groups who havr recieved or still receive reparations.

Bullshit. Who else have received reparations and what was the amount, process, and controls? Further, this isn’t about whites. It is about the US Government and the US Taxpayer- which includes Blacks and other non-whites- paying reparations. Make this about your hatred of whites and I guarantee it will fail.

Forum List

Back