Time for Reparations to the Irish

I understand that, but we blacks have a side in this and our side should be the prime consideration.
You're actually right. But that's a losing argument. Know why? Because you're using logic in an illogical situation. White folks have the power. That's not going to change by screaming at them. It WILL change if we start to understand that it is an ECONOMIC problem. And it is. That is what has actually been taken from you and what you want returned. But you fail to realize that it has also been taken from ALL of the poor ( I understand that you have been served more poorly than others). Fix THAT problem and your problem gets fixed as well. Not perfect but REAL. Cash reparations are a fantasy that will only cause more problems.
Race has been used to create economic division.
It most certainly has.
White folks don't have as much power as you think. Look lesh, whites have 15 times the wealth of everyone else. So it might be about economics to poor white but for others race is the major cause of economic problems. Whites don't get to bully people then tell them that we have no right to yell at them about it. We are looking at a moral violation and if whites don't want to listen to us, there is a higher power that will clear the ledger books. And that will be listened to. Cash reparations have worked for other groups so the only reason it will be a problem for blacks is if whites believe that our place is to be beneath white people.
I don't disagree with you...especially on moral grounds.

I'm telling you it ain't gonna happen and it's the equivalent of tilting a windmills. There are better ways to achieve what you want
Pissing into the wind IS what he wants.

See IM2. They WANT you folks to demand reperations...because they know they can defeat that

Slavery was institutionalized in the Colonies by the English, the Spanish and every other European country for 200 hundred years. The Confederacy only existed for about 4 years. The last Yankee state to abolish slavery was New Jersey about ten years before the Civil War. The Irish immigrants in the early 1860's were snatched up almost before they left the ship to be used as cannon fodder in the Civil War by the hypocrite North.

So are you saying that the Irish who volunteered to come to America suffered worse than the black folks who were brought to this country in chains.
Show me an Irishman who had his children sold off or was whipped
Reparations must begin immediately.

How do you get reparations for something you were PAID to do?

The same way you get paid for doing nothing and suffering not one tiny little bit.

Who is receiving that kind of reparations?

That's what you all are begging for. Not one of you suffered at the hands of slavers. Hell, most of your ancestors came LONG after.

You aren't entitled to a damned thing.
We are entitled to lost income from slavery through 1965 maximum and from income taxes we paid that we got nothing for and whites benefitted from at minimum.
Who is entitled to what for what is SUCH a complicated issue that it's doomed to not only fail but alienate those who might be your allies.

Things that help ALL people of ANY color in similar situations not only achieves the goal you want but garners the support you need.
If this alienates you then you are not an ally. Because no one has been in the similar situation but native americans and native americans recieve reparations annually from this government. There really isn't all that much complicated about this. Not when you study this.
7F410934-9ED2-45B1-B65C-60DD1C60AD84.jpeg

Are you.... Are you....comparing the Slavery of Black people to the Irish?

"The same exact thing was happening here. In fact, experts estimate that over 52,000 British prisoners were shipped off to colonial America."

Not just Irish.......

Greg

Are you.... Are you....comparing the Slavery of Black people to the Irish?

"The same exact thing was happening here. In fact, experts estimate that over 52,000 British prisoners were shipped off to colonial America."

Not just Irish.......

Greg
Are you comparing shipping convicts over to literal Slavery? I must have missed the part where Slaves were illegible for release after Seven or Fourteen years. Or maybe just the part where the Convicts had their Children snatched away, sold off, raped, etc.

Black slavery is an African legacy that continues to this day. America by comparison had a brief tenure with it and ceased the practice. Look around the globe and you will find that enslavement and forced transport of people is done by non-whites.

Regarding reparations, if this is a serious discussion then I don’t think America should be solely on the hook. I think families whose ancestors owned traded slaves should pay more; none of mine owned slaves. We were off the boat Ellis Island People. If it is going to be every American paying, then Western Europe needs to pay as do the African Nations that sold Black slaves to the West in the first place and continue the practice today.

Fuk the Irish

A bunch of drunks
Racist

Most Irish people are not pussies who are either easy offended by stereotypes or are looking for a payout because of a stereotype. Namely, Irish will definitely shake you down if you owe them money or cross them while they are trying to make money, but they aren’t going to shake you down simply because you have money and they feel entitled to it.

I understand that, but we blacks have a side in this and our side should be the prime consideration.
You're actually right. But that's a losing argument. Know why? Because you're using logic in an illogical situation. White folks have the power. That's not going to change by screaming at them. It WILL change if we start to understand that it is an ECONOMIC problem. And it is. That is what has actually been taken from you and what you want returned. But you fail to realize that it has also been taken from ALL of the poor ( I understand that you have been served more poorly than others). Fix THAT problem and your problem gets fixed as well. Not perfect but REAL. Cash reparations are a fantasy that will only cause more problems.
Race has been used to create economic division.
It most certainly has.
White folks don't have as much power as you think. Look lesh, whites have 15 times the wealth of everyone else. So it might be about economics to poor white but for others race is the major cause of economic problems. Whites don't get to bully people then tell them that we have no right to yell at them about it. We are looking at a moral violation and if whites don't want to listen to us, there is a higher power that will clear the ledger books. And that will be listened to. Cash reparations have worked for other groups so the only reason it will be a problem for blacks is if whites believe that our place is to be beneath white people.
I don't disagree with you...especially on moral grounds.

I'm telling you it ain't gonna happen and it's the equivalent of tilting a windmills. There are better ways to achieve what you want
It can happen, the fact is that America needs to be educated about this and we can state our case by doing so.

Black slavery is an African legacy that continues to this day. America by comparison had a brief tenure with it and ceased the practice. Look around the globe and you will find that enslavement and forced transport of people is done by non-whites.

Regarding reparations, if this is a serious discussion then I don’t think America should be solely on the hook. I think families whose ancestors owned traded slaves should pay more; none of mine owned slaves. We were off the boat Ellis Island People. If it is going to be every American paying, then Western Europe needs to pay as do the African Nations that sold Black slaves to the West in the first place and continue the practice today.

The government made slavery legal. The case is against the government. It is not against individual white familes. Europe or Africa has nothing to do with the laws made by the government here regarding slavery, jim crow and modern racist practices.

The government made slavery legal. The case is against the government. It is not against individual white familes. Europe or Africa has nothing to do with the laws made by the government here regarding slavery, jim crow and modern racist practices.

The case may be against the Government today but was it Government policy or mandate to send slave traders to Western Europe or Africa itself to buy slaves? Also, it is not just white families that traded slaves here in America. That is a myth.

Slavery was institutionalized in the Colonies by the English, the Spanish and every other European country for 200 hundred years. The Confederacy only existed for about 4 years. The last Yankee state to abolish slavery was New Jersey about ten years before the Civil War. The Irish immigrants in the early 1860's were snatched up almost before they left the ship to be used as cannon fodder in the Civil War by the hypocrite North.

So are you saying that the Irish who volunteered to come to America suffered worse than the black folks who were brought to this country in chains.
Yes. The Irishman who was sick or injured was left to starve or live on whatever charity was available. He was disposable, a slave was valuable to his owner and would never be left to starve if injured. Frame it any way you want, voluntary immigrants were disposable, expensive slaves were not.

How many Irish were beaten, tortured, whipped, chained, raped, children taken away from them? I could go on but what would be the use, only a fool believes that a man brought here under his free will had it worse than a man who was brought here in chains.
I posted three articles that will give you an idea. Try reading them.

You are simply lying about this matter.

Liam Hogan, All of my work on the “Irish slaves” meme (2015–’19),

Liam Hogan, Irish slaves’: the convenient myth, ‘Irish slaves’: the convenient myth

Eoin O'Carroll, No, the Irish were not slaves in the Americas, Christian Science Monitor, March 16, 2018, No, the Irish were not slaves in the Americas

Art McDonald, Ph.D., How the Irish Became White,

Islam took slaves from Ireland and Europe and sold the majority of Black slaves to white traders. You want to blame someone, try them. And your article is bullshit.

No, it is not. Whites like you want to excuse your way into denial but the book by the Sublettes is over 800 paes of documented evidence. What you say is basically unture. Liam Hogan is an Irish historian. So your excuses are what the bullshit is

I thought reparations are about compensation to groups that were wronged in the past. Why are you parsing? Racism?

Could it be because you bitched and moaned about black folks receiving reparations in the past.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If reparations are going to happen, what is the amount? What is the amount per person? What is the process? How do you qualify? Will State-issued ID’s be required? What is the process or documentation to insure all payments final and no more payments to future generations?

And then you don't have to listen to this "Irish" nonsense...that is as disingenuous as "Blue Lives Matters"
I promise reparations to everyone who was a slave.

How many Irish are living today that suffered through those times, since you claim that is the criteria.

About the same as the blacks....zero

Really, there are plenty of black folks living today that came through Jim Crow segregation. I am one of them.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Don‘t tell everyone on this board you are this stupid.
Do you know what being sold “Down the River” means?
Blacks in America really shouldn't be complaining. They had zero percent unemployment prior to 1865
Fascinating....you're an orange cultist, aren't you?
You suffer from severe TDS do you not? Stop trying to shame people for using their legal right to vote. You and your ilk are an embarrassment

Forum List

Back