Time for Reparations to the Irish

Look..reparations in the form of cash payments for anyone is a bad is
End of story

Reparations in the form of cash payments and anything else is bad. That’s the end of the story
No it isn't. But the belief that you can continually wrong people without righting that wrong is.

What about Africans that sold you into slavery do the owe you as well?
Why do you repeat this nonsense when you were shown that more than 90 percent of the slave in this country happened due to mass slave breeding by whites here in America? -

Which wouldn’t be possible if Africans didn’t sell blacks into slavery, correct?

Again things just did not happen like you want to tell it. Using your logic, it's the liquor store owners fault for alcholism.

Slavery was institutionalized in the Colonies by the English, the Spanish and every other European country for 200 hundred years. The Confederacy only existed for about 4 years. The last Yankee state to abolish slavery was New Jersey about ten years before the Civil War. The Irish immigrants in the early 1860's were snatched up almost before they left the ship to be used as cannon fodder in the Civil War by the hypocrite North.

So are you saying that the Irish who volunteered to come to America suffered worse than the black folks who were brought to this country in chains.
Show me an Irishman who had his children sold off or was whipped
Reparations must begin immediately.

How do you get reparations for something you were PAID to do?

The same way you get paid for doing nothing and suffering not one tiny little bit.

Who is receiving that kind of reparations?

That's what you all are begging for. Not one of you suffered at the hands of slavers. Hell, most of your ancestors came LONG after.

You aren't entitled to a damned thing.
We are entitled to lost income from slavery through 1965 maximum and from income taxes we paid that we got nothing for and whites benefitted from at minimum.
The fact millions of Americans lost family due to the treatment of the Irish, reparations must occur.

There really isn't all that much complicated about this.
It is EXTREMELY complicated. Who is a descended of a slave? Is someone who is the result of rape only HALF entitled? Are Jamaicans eligible?

There are much more simpler elegant ways to deal with the issue. Deal with ALL folks who are economically in peril and you have MAJOR support. That's the inclusive way to do this and the way that has the best chance of success.

And then you don't have to listen to this "Irish" nonsense...that is as disingenuous as "Blue Lives Matters"

THEY try to divide us along color lines...but the REAL division is along economic lines. Make that point and you win

Slavery was institutionalized in the Colonies by the English, the Spanish and every other European country for 200 hundred years. The Confederacy only existed for about 4 years. The last Yankee state to abolish slavery was New Jersey about ten years before the Civil War. The Irish immigrants in the early 1860's were snatched up almost before they left the ship to be used as cannon fodder in the Civil War by the hypocrite North.

So are you saying that the Irish who volunteered to come to America suffered worse than the black folks who were brought to this country in chains.
Show me an Irishman who had his children sold off or was whipped
Reparations must begin immediately.

How do you get reparations for something you were PAID to do?

The same way you get paid for doing nothing and suffering not one tiny little bit.

Who is receiving that kind of reparations?

That's what you all are begging for. Not one of you suffered at the hands of slavers. Hell, most of your ancestors came LONG after.

You aren't entitled to a damned thing.
We are entitled to lost income from slavery through 1965 maximum and from income taxes we paid that we got nothing for and whites benefitted from at minimum.
Who is entitled to what for what is SUCH a complicated issue that it's doomed to not only fail but alienate those who might be your allies.

Things that help ALL people of ANY color in similar situations not only achieves the goal you want but garners the support you need.
If this alienates you then you are not an ally. Because no one has been in the similar situation but native americans and native americans recieve reparations annually from this government. There really isn't all that much complicated about this. Not when you study this.
I'm telling you that I'm on your side and OTHER people who might be, will be turned off by cash payments . Cash reparations are a loser. There are other better ways to get black folks out of poverty.
I understand that, but we blacks have a side in this and our side should be the prime consideration. Whites have been given cash, land and everything else. Other groups have been given cash, so why is it a problem when blacks ask for it. White corporations and CEO'S have been given cash for decades nobody said that was a loser Cash payments will have to be part of the equation. Poverty is the lack of money, you aren't going to just program blacks into economic equality.

THEY try to divide us along color lines...but the REAL division is along economic lines. Make that point and you win

Race has been used to create economic division.

Time for Reparations to the Irish
They'll just use the money to buy more booze.
You got a problem with that?

Do you believe that black folks in America are overdue reparations?

why should anyone be compensated for what their ancestors went through?

So should black folks who suffered through Jim Crow segregation be compensated, since many of us are still alive today.

I don’t believe so, no. What would be the proper compensation for people who lived through those times?

So now you are moving the goalposts, at first you are saying that the ancestors shouldn't be given reparations for the injustices that were done, now you are saying the folks who lived through the injustices shouldn't be compensated.

actually the premise of those demanding reparations is because of slavery, which I addressed. You moved the goalposts by bringing up Jim Crow. Furthermore blacks aren’t the only group that has been treated badly by America in the past. Listen I never owned a slave and had nothing to do with segregation, so in my book we’re square.
Nobody moved the goalposts anywhere. You have benefitted from a system built on white supremacy. We aren't talking about just getting treated badly.
How?

I understand that, but we blacks have a side in this and our side should be the prime consideration.
You're actually right. But that's a losing argument. Know why? Because you're using logic in an illogical situation. White folks have the power. That's not going to change by screaming at them. It WILL change if we start to understand that it is an ECONOMIC problem. And it is. That is what has actually been taken from you and what you want returned. But you fail to realize that it has also been taken from ALL of the poor ( I understand that you have been served more poorly than others). Fix THAT problem and your problem gets fixed as well. Not perfect but REAL. Cash reparations are a fantasy that will only cause more problems.
It most certainly has.

I understand that, but we blacks have a side in this and our side should be the prime consideration.
You're actually right. But that's a losing argument. Know why? Because you're using logic in an illogical situation. White folks have the power. That's not going to change by screaming at them. It WILL change if we start to understand that it is an ECONOMIC problem. And it is. That is what has actually been taken from you and what you want returned. But you fail to realize that it has also been taken from ALL of the poor ( I understand that you have been served more poorly than others). Fix THAT problem and your problem gets fixed as well. Not perfect but REAL. Cash reparations are a fantasy that will only cause more problems.
It most certainly has.
White folks don't have as much power as you think. Look lesh, whites have 15 times the wealth of everyone else. So it might be about economics to poor white but for others race is the major cause of economic problems. Whites don't get to bully people then tell them that we have no right to yell at them about it. We are looking at a moral violation and if whites don't want to listen to us, there is a higher power that will clear the ledger books. And that will be listened to. Cash reparations have worked for other groups so the only reason it will be a problem for blacks is if whites believe that our place is to be beneath white people.

And then you don't have to listen to this "Irish" nonsense...that is as disingenuous as "Blue Lives Matters"
I promise reparations to everyone who was a slave.
Did you promise reparations to Native Americans for the Dawes Act and Indian Removal in 1830?

Because they get paid for these things today.

It most certainly has.
White folks don't have as much power as you think. Look lesh, whites have 15 times the wealth of everyone else. So it might be about economics to poor white but for others race is the major cause of economic problems. Whites don't get to bully people then tell them that we have no right to yell at them about it. We are looking at a moral violation and if whites don't want to listen to us, there is a higher power that will clear the ledger books. And that will be listened to. Cash reparations have worked for other groups so the only reason it will be a problem for blacks is if whites believe that our place is to be beneath white people.
I don't disagree with you...especially on moral grounds.

I'm telling you it ain't gonna happen and it's the equivalent of tilting a windmills. There are better ways to achieve what you want

It most certainly has.

The racist is strong in you. That's why you never get anywhere. If you would put your racist bullshit away, and unite with poor white folks against the political elites who are running this country into the ground. You could go far.

But so long as you allow yourself to be separated by the elites, you are going to lose.

Divide and conquer is a well known tactic, yet here you are falling for it yet again.

Forum List

Back