Time for Gun Safety Advocates to Abandon Their Strategy

20 million responsible owners who are not mass murderers and have every intention to obey the law.

You seem unwilling to address the fact that Texas was another example of a teenager who literally screamed out his mental dysfunction and ''authorities'' did nothing.
So you do agree, the screening process needs to be much more thorough and it wouldn't hurt anyone to raise the age level for these high powered rifles to 21. Just two suggestions I made over and over.

Leftists might want to screech about an Assault Knife ban. It gives them something to do.

I've never heard of killing 21 people in One night in incident. Plus knives are the choice in the world for killing because guns aren't that available. People use what is available. Less guns is another suggestion, reducing their availability was another one of my suggestions. Over 400 million guns in this country, more than the entire continent of Africa, 40 million guns, Europe 80 million guns, South America 62 million guns, Australia 3.5 million guns. Guns are a sickness in the United States. There is no comparison, we basically have more guns than the rest of the world combined. That is not an honor, that is a disgrace, to hold such a title.

So you do agree, the screening process needs to be much more thorough and it wouldn't hurt anyone to raise the age level for these high powered rifles to 21. Just two suggestions I made over and over.
How would you make the screening process much more thorough? I do support the requirement that states make mental health records part of the federal background check.

However, gun crimes will continue when leftist / Democrat hell holes refuse to prosecute criminals.

How would raising the age to 21 make anyone safer?

I've never heard of killing 21 people in One night in incident. Plus knives are the choice in the world for killing because guns aren't that available. People use what is available. Less guns is another suggestion, reducing their availability was another one of my suggestions. Over 400 million guns in this country, more than the entire continent of Africa, 40 million guns, Europe 80 million guns, South America 62 million guns, Australia 3.5 million guns. Guns are a sickness in the United States. There is no comparison, we basically have more guns than the rest of the world combined. That is not an honor, that is a disgrace, to hold such a title.

Well, yes. As you noted, ''People use what is available''.

There are likely 20 million AR-style rifles in the US. Responsible, legal owners are not the problem. Overwhelming, it is those with mental illness who have access to guns who are the problem.

Who is this ''we'' you claim will manage things?
It was a jest. But I firmly believe humans have totally mismanaged this planet and are in the process of destroying. The matter fact that we are treating a new extinction level of all the plants and animals that live on this planet with us is proof enough of that. I firmly believe that " others " / extra-terrestrials have attempted to guide our civilization on a more constructive path in the beginning without much success. You see the problem is us, our very nature's seem to work against. I'm also certain they're still out there, hoping for the best, waiting till the last possible moment, hoping we change, before the annihilate the human race in order to save the planet from us. You see life is more precious than we ever thought, and there are only 15 planets in our local supercluster of galaxies that sustain higher life forms at the present time. But that's a whole another story isn't it. ( Off subject ) . Another time and place for that discussion.

How would you make the screening process much more thorough? I do support the requirement that states make mental health records part of the federal background check.

However, gun crimes will continue when leftist / Democrat hell holes refuse to prosecute criminals.

I am not a gun owner, that is for the experts to figure out, and as for raising the age to 21, it would give us a little more time to see if these teenagers are really stable enough to handle such a great responsibility, and allow for more screen to safeguard the rest of us you don't own guns you don't want to be intimidated and contaminated by the culture of death and guns.

I guess it's not hard to find a liberal law professor to opine on anything from the murder of the unborn to high capacity firearm magazines these days. Too bad the elitist UCLA professors didn't have some sort of representative to oversee the reckless use of firearms on Hollywood movie sets.
That was an accident... Not domestic terrorism.

So the shooters wait till 21......and then shoot innocent people.

Again, nothing you suggest stops these killers...you doofus.....

And the governments of Europe, using guns in the hands of the government murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children......Russia, the number was 25 million, 70 million in China....in Africa, the Rwandan massacre by their government murdered upwards of 600,000 people.....

Guns save lives when good people have them....they keep criminals and governments from committing murder in the millions.....

There is no comparison....governments have murdered more people than criminals with guns ever will....and you want the government, the biggest mass murderer known to man, to have the only guns......

You are really a stupid human being.

sorry......we just had a recent example of how anti-gun fanatics in the psychiatric field will use any mental health record to keep people from owning guns.....we had veterans who stated they had trouble sleeping having their Right to own a gun stripped.....

We have a tiny number of actually dangerously mentally ill people....

In 2021, we had 6...out of 330 million people..

Out of 330 million people....

you are allowing yourself to be stampeded into giving up a sacred Right on false information, pushed by people who would happily put you in jail because you think differently from them....

Just ask former Chief D.C. correspondant for Fox News...Carl Cammeron, who stated that he thinks some journalists.....conservatives...are spreading "false information," and need to be named and put in jail....

That is who you are enabling when you support stupid, pointless gun laws.

Well, yes. As you noted, ''People use what is available''.

There are likely 20 million AR-style rifles in the US. Responsible, legal owners are not the problem. Overwhelming, it is those with mental illness who have access to guns who are the problem.

Over 20 million AR-15s alone, not including the AK-47 semis and all the other semi-automatic rifles....

knives kill more people each year than all rifles do...as do clubs, and bare hands.......

It was a jest. But I firmly believe humans have totally mismanaged this planet and are in the process of destroying. The matter fact that we are treating a new extinction level of all the plants and animals that live on this planet with us is proof enough of that. I firmly believe that " others " / extra-terrestrials have attempted to guide our civilization on a more constructive path in the beginning without much success. You see the problem is us, our very nature's seem to work against. I'm also certain they're still out there, hoping for the best, waiting till the last possible moment, hoping we change, before the annihilate the human race in order to save the planet from us. You see life is more precious than we ever thought, and there are only 15 planets in our local supercluster of galaxies that sustain higher life forms at the present time. But that's a whole another story isn't it. ( Off subject ) . Another time and place for that discussion.

Yep.....I keep telling people that democrats, leftists, fascists like you think the world is over populated and that humans are destroying the planet...and you never give people who believe that the power of life and death over your family....because their solutions lead to death camps and mass graves....

I am not a gun owner, that is for the experts to figure out, and as for raising the age to 21, it would give us a little more time to see if these teenagers are really stable enough to handle such a great responsibility, and allow for more screen to safeguard the rest of us you don't own guns you don't want to be intimidated and contaminated by the culture of death and guns.

2 teenagers............out of 41 million teenagers.........

You are an idiot...

Over 20 million AR-15s alone, not including the AK-47 semis and all the other semi-automatic rifles....

knives kill more people each year than all rifles do...as do clubs, and bare hands.......

We're just totally unrelated to the gun crisis.

There is no gun crisis....there is a criminal crisis created by the democrat party and their policies in the cities they totally control...

1) They attack the police to the point the police can't do their jobs.

2) They refuse to arrest, or upon arrest, allow no bail, or low bail release of violent repeat gun offenders no matter how many times they have been arrested, no matter how many gun felonies they have.

With these policies...you would have to think the democrat party wants gun murder to increase.....and as we saw with the school shooting, they were absolutely gleeful about this shooting, it was Christmas day for them...

There is no gun crisis....there is a criminal crisis created by the democrat party and their policies in the cities they totally control...

1) They attack the police to the point the police can't do their jobs.

2) They refuse to arrest, or upon arrest, allow no bail, or low bail release of violent repeat gun offenders no matter how many times they have been arrested, no matter how many gun felonies they have.

With these policies...you would have to think the democrat party wants gun murder to increase.....and as we saw with the school shooting, they were absolutely gleeful about this shooting, it was Christmas day for them...
You are very sick. No one rejoices over needless death. On the other hand, death should be embraced when the time comes. It is a natural sequence of events in this physical world. Nothing to fear.

Forum List

Back