Time for Gun Safety Advocates to Abandon Their Strategy

All semi-automatic and automatic rifles should be banned, that's the bottom line. They make it too easy to kill many.
Automatic rifles are already essentially banned. You need a special license and the rifle has to have been built before a certain date. I can’t think of the last time a full auto rifle or sub machine gun was used in a murder. Probably seventy percent of all rifles are semi automatic and virtually all pistols are as well. Since the definition of a semi auto pistol is the it fires a single round each time the trigger is pulled, even revolvers are semi- auto pistols.

Automatic rifles are already essentially banned. You need a special license and the rifle has to have been built before a certain date. I can’t think of the last time a full auto rifle or sub machine gun was used in a murder. Probably seventy percent of all rifles are semi automatic and virtually all pistols are as well. Since the definition of a semi auto pistol is the it fires a single round each time the trigger is pulled, even revolvers are semi- auto pistols.
That's good news about the automatic weapons. I guess it's just a semi-automatic weapons that need banning now.

Good legislation is needed, obviously two things need to be done 1. The total number of guns needs to be reduced greatly, and 2. Proper screening of anyone wanting to buy guns, especially those wanting to buy multiple guns, large amounts of ammunition and things like body armor. There should all be red flags.

Again…..you are a dumb human being….guns do not drive gun crime…..I just showed you there is no connection between gun ownership and crime or murder rates……27 years of experience

There is a direct connection between crime and murder rates and the policies of the democrat party….we need to greatly reduce the number of democrats holding positions of power in our cities…..they are getting thousands of black Americans murdered every single year….

We already have all the screening we need………the police and school as well as friends and family knew about this guy and none of them did anything to help or stop him…..

Your god,”Government,” failed…again……….just as it did with almost all of the other mass public shooters…including the Buffalo, left wing racist shooter….

That's good news about the automatic weapons. I guess it's just a semi-automatic weapons that need banning now.

Please …we know……you guys want all guns banned…you can stop pretending anything less will make you happy…we know….

Like I said if you ban semi-autos you ban almost all pistols and a very large percentage of rifles. Instead of making sweeping generalizations, please tell us what you wouldn’t bab given the chance.

Again…..you are a dumb human being….guns do not drive gun crime…..I just showed you there is no connection between gun ownership and crime or murder rates……27 years of experience

There is a direct connection between crime and murder rates and the policies of the democrat party….we need to greatly reduce the number of democrats holding positions of power in our cities…..they are getting thousands of black Americans murdered every single year….

We already have all the screening we need………the police and school as well as friends and family knew about this guy and none of them did anything to help or stop him…..

Your god,”Government,” failed…again……….just as it did with almost all of the other mass public shooters…including the Buffalo, left wing racist shooter….
All I can say is you must be some kind of fanatic because you won't listen to anything that counters your position. Fanaticism about guns is just another red flag.

All I can say is you must be some kind of fanatic because you won't listen to anything that counters your position. Fanaticism about guns is just another red flag.

No....I have listened to everything the anti-gun fanatics such as yourself have suggested....I have thought about each and every proposal and have found them to simply be nothing more than attempts to limit access to guns for normal, law abiding people....

As Stephen Crowder is fond of saying.......Convince me I am wrong........show me your proposals and explain specifically how they would have stopped any mass public shooter in this country..... in particular, the last one at the school....or even the Buffalo shooter...

Please.....explain, in detail......

If you are a typical anti-gun loon, you will refuse to answer....

Like I said if you ban semi-autos you ban almost all pistols and a very large percentage of rifles. Instead of making sweeping generalizations, please tell us what you wouldn’t bab given the chance.

That is why they are going after the AR-15....it is their gateway gun to banning all other semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns...

If they are allowed to ban AR-15, they will wait for the next public shooting....another Christmas day for them.....especially if children are killed...they really hope for those........then they will point out that the pistol, rifle or shotgun that was used, is a semi-automatic weapon, just like the AR-15, and therefore, it needs to be banned as well....

Rinse, and repeat...

Lifting restrictions on the ATF won’t work either, as administrative policy is also subject to judicial review.

Can you help us all out and show us specifically where in Article III we might locate a provision for the power of judicial review, Clayton?

We'll wait.

Thanks!

No....I have listened to everything the anti-gun fanatics such as yourself have suggested....I have thought about each and every proposal and have found them to simply be nothing more than attempts to limit access to guns for normal, law abiding people....

As Stephen Crowder is fond of saying.......Convince me I am wrong........show me your proposals and explain specifically how they would have stopped any mass public shooter in this country..... in particular, the last one at the school....or even the Buffalo shooter...

Please.....explain, in detail......

If you are a typical anti-gun loon, you will refuse to answer....
You refuse to accept the first premise, that there is a problem. So no matter what I say, you're not going to believe it. Try to have a good day, I plan on it.

You refuse to accept the first premise, that there is a problem. So no matter what I say, you're not going to believe it. Try to have a good day, I plan on it.

No.....I addressed the problem and I notice, as I stated...you are not going to answer the question and give us your ideas......

You did not disappoint in your failure......

See post #48 again.....the one you refuse to address.....

You are a coward.....

No.....I addressed the problem and I notice, as I stated...you are not going to answer the question and give us your ideas......

You did not disappoint in your failure......

See post #48 again.....the one you refuse to address.....

You are a coward.....
A good start would be to have all gun owners registered and checked. A 10-day waiting period for a gun would be a good rule too. If you can't wait 10 days ( to make a thorough check of your background making sure you're not a risk ) to get a gun something is wrong with you. These things won't stop anyone from getting guns, except those who shouldn't have them in the first place.

A good start would be to have all gun owners registered and checked. A 10-day waiting period for a gun would be a good rule too. If you can't wait 10 days ( to make a thorough check of your background making sure you're not a risk ) to get a gun something is wrong with you. These things won't stop anyone from getting guns, except those who shouldn't have them in the first place.

The kid passed a Federal background check.

The kid, since passed a background check could have easily registered the gun.

He would have happily waited 10 days before going to that school.

So, nothing you just asked for would have stopped this shooting or any of the others

You got anything useful?

Each suggestion I made would directly effect the choices of a mass public shooter……my suggestions would keep schools safe from nuts and left wing racists.

There already is a through background check. Waiting periods have already been shown to do nothing. If you want to do something actually effective remove the HIPPA provisions that prevent the mentally ill from being reported as ineligible to purchase firearms.

The kid passed a Federal background check.

The kid, since passed a background check could have easily registered the gun.

He would have happily waited 10 days before going to that school.

So, nothing you just asked for would have stopped this shooting or any of the others

You got anything useful?
That means the federal standards are too low. Whatever they are, they won't catch everyone. If they are more stringent standards they will catch more that's that's plain logic. Also if we have to have these assault rifles owned by citizens, raising the age to 21 for something that lethal isn't a bad idea either.

That means the federal standards are too low. Whatever they are, they won't catch everyone. If they are more stringent standards they will catch more that's that's plain logic. Also if we have to have these assault rifles owned by citizens, raising the age to 21 for something that lethal isn't a bad idea either.

He didn’t have a criminal record….he didnt have a mental health commitment….mass public shooters rarely do which is why your gun laws don’t work.

He could have killed those kids with a pistol, or shotgun….the rifle didn’t matter.

You are fixated on a gun, not the problem so nothing you propose will stop mass shooters

Pistols are the gun most used by mass public shooters…..the Virginia Tech shooter used two pistols and murdered 32 adults ….so the rifle in this made no difference

He didn’t have a criminal record….he didnt have a mental health commitment….mass public shooters rarely do which is why your gun laws don’t work.
You give up too easy that's all I can say. There are too many crazy people in this country with guns and you may well be one of them as far as I know. No matter what I say you say it doesn't work well f*** you. I'm done talking to you it's useless I'm looking for people that want to find solutions that are willing to do the extra work. If nothing else you are ambivalent to the current crisis. Which has been ongoing for at least 30 years. If the founding fathers were alive and witnessed the horrors that modern technology has brought to weaponry they would ban it all.

Forum List

Back