Time For Democrats to Submit a Bill to Replace DACA

I thought Republicans didn't care?

Yet the only thing the left talk about are statues and not Bills to make DACA legal.
No, it's you pseudocons who have your panties in a bunch over locals choosing to take down a statue. It's as if you don't believe the people should be able to decide for themselves if they want a statue or not.

And I've been pointing out to tards like you that both Republicans and Democrats support allowing Dreamers a path to legal status.

Christ, you didn't even know there are already bills to replace DACA, and have been for some time!

Man, your propaganda sources keep you DEEEEEEEEP in the fucking dark, don't they.
I have never heard a Democrat even mention a DACA bill to the press. Just nonstop rants about statues of dead people and what shoes the First Lady wears.

And all of the Republican elites as well.

Trump gave you 6 months, do what you got hired to do.

Simple solution. If you want to stay, 4 years of national service. Military, Peace Corps, or domestic service (need something new here, like Peace Corps for the USA).

Serve successfully and you get your green card.

A mistake doesn't need to be replaced. DACA was a huge mistake and it was wrong. Let our existing laws work, they will work if congress allows them to work.
`
That's a fair assessment. The six month delay is a sham or political genius. Basically the republicans will not bring up an alternative nor cooperate in a bipartisan replacement. They will also oppose any democratic effort to salvage it....thus killing any chance for a DACA replacement. With or without the 6 months, DACA is dead.

Yet the only thing the left talk about are statues and not Bills to make DACA legal.
No, it's you pseudocons who have your panties in a bunch over locals choosing to take down a statue. It's as if you don't believe the people should be able to decide for themselves if they want a statue or not.

And I've been pointing out to tards like you that both Republicans and Democrats support allowing Dreamers a path to legal status.

Christ, you didn't even know there are already bills to replace DACA, and have been for some time!

Man, your propaganda sources keep you DEEEEEEEEP in the fucking dark, don't they.
so why haven't they been voted on?

They are saving it for amnisty.

Immigration | Paul Ryan

We also have to deal with the rest of the undocumented population. After discussing it with the constituents I serve and my colleagues, I believe that the undocumented immigrants should go through a lengthy period of legal probation—or “deferred adjudication”—with a one-strike policy. That means if they violate the terms of their probation, they are immediately deported. They must come forward, admit guilt, submit to a criminal-background check, pay back taxes and fines, and learn English and civics. They must prove they have a job, and they cannot receive any federal benefits.

Trump said they need to go home. I'm not impressed by this DACA thing at all. All Trump did was punt the ball to congress who favor amnesty.

why is it up to democrats.

neither Paul Ryan nor Mitch McConnelll will put a bill on the floor that was done by democrats.

idiot

you're the immoral pond scum. YOU fix it
Then go to the media.

If you were half as loud about DACA than statues of dead people the will of the American people would be at hand.

Obviously Democrats do not care about these kids.

neither Paul Ryan nor Mitch McConnelll will put a bill on the floor that was done by democrats.

idiot

Then go to the media.

If you were half as loud about DACA than statues of dead people the will of the American people would be at hand.

you trash are respojnsible for your own disgusting behavior

First off, allow to to say that anyone who is silly enough to vote and suport "either" of these donor class parties is utterly dilusional. Secondly, anyone who votes for "one" of "these" parties which comes to be in power of pretty much everything and then demands that the "other" party should remedy something for them is batshit cray cray.

idiot

Then go to the media.

you trash are respojnsible for your own disgusting behavior
I agree Democrats are not responsible. They consider statues and sportscasters named Robert Lee to be bigger issues.

First off, allow to to say that anyone who is silly enough to vote and suport "either" of these donor class parties is utterly dilusional. Secondly, anyone who votes for "one" of "these" parties which comes to be in power of pretty much everything and then demands that the "other" party should remedy something for them is batshit cray cray.
Good to hear from the Communist Party now and then, thanks.

It does not say that. It says it will grant conditional permanent resident status for eight years.

During that time, they can apply for naturalization.

I'll admit I'm kinda retarded when it comes to reading legislation, but this doesn't mean....?
• For purposes of naturalization, a person granted conditional permanent resident status shall be considered to have been admitted to the U.S. and present in the U.S. as a personal lawfully admitted for permanent residence. A person cannot apply for naturalization while in conditional permanent resident status.

Only thing Democrats talk about are statues and stiletto heels. The left has no desire to pass a bill and are giving you lip service. And you swallowed it it hook, line sinker.

A mistake doesn't need to be replaced. DACA was a huge mistake and it was wrong. Let our existing laws work, they will work if congress allows them to work.
`
That's a fair assessment. The six month delay is a sham or political genius. Basically the republicans will not bring up an alternative nor cooperate in a bipartisan replacement. They will also oppose any democratic effort to salvage it....thus killing any chance for a DACA replacement. With or without the 6 months, DACA is dead.

You are seriously over thinking it, Trump doesn't give a shit about high minded policy and constitutional matters.

Just like with Arpio pardon Trump is just throwing meat to his base, it's all the political capital he has left at this point and he wants to make sure it's well fed and not peeling off as well.

The Dems are only interested in demagoguing this issue, They would love to see deportations begin. The Senate needs to get rid of the filibuster rule and pass a DACA/Border Security bill. Any GOP Senator who opposes such a bill should be replaced at the next election.

`

You are seriously over thinking it, Trump doesn't give a shit about high minded policy and constitutional matters.

Just like with Arpio pardon Trump is just throwing meat to his base, it's all the political capital he has left at this point and he wants to make sure it's well fed and not peeling off as well.
What that have to do with the left being only concerned about the statues of dead people and not children?

It does not say that. It says it will grant conditional permanent resident status for eight years.

During that time, they can apply for naturalization.

I'll admit I'm kinda retarded when it comes to reading legislation, but this doesn't mean....?
• For purposes of naturalization, a person granted conditional permanent resident status shall be considered to have been admitted to the U.S. and present in the U.S. as a personal lawfully admitted for permanent residence. A person cannot apply for naturalization while in conditional permanent resident status.
Sorry, I was not very clear.

A Dreamer would be granted conditional status for eight years. During that time, they can achieve permanent status (green card) by meeting certain conditions. For example, completing two years of college toward a bachelors degree, or two years of active duty service in our military, etc.

Once that person achieves permanent status, they can then proceed toward naturalization. They do not have to wait eight years to become permanent residents. In fact, they must complete the requirements for permanent residency before the eight years expires.

The wording in the bill is kind of confusing. "The Secretary shall remove the conditional basis of a person’s permanent resident status if..." means they can convert from temporary to permanent resident status.

Forum List

Back