Tilting Our Politics Back Toward Democracy

When there are just no words to describe that level of political retardation.

R.d91889ae4cfc892326e6a4ccb13da462
In retrospect, I don't know what made me believe this would be the place to discuss a philosophical question about whether the participation of the masses makes democracy stronger or weaker. This is a place for acrimony, gratuitous insults, childish videos, and unsubstantiated claims.

I always love when democrats pretend to care about our country and democracy while talking about taking power away from voters and states and handing everything over to the federal government.
Example please.

The Psychocrat version of a "democracy" looks like a one party neo-marxist police state where people can be arrested for opposing them.

Under the Democrat Party's "democracy", there is no freedom of speech, a free press, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms, civil rights, the right to vote.............

I always love when democrats pretend to care about our country and democracy while talking about taking power away from voters and states and handing everything over to the federal government.

They're phonies.

All that fake kabuki theater about how "patriotic" they are? I never bought it for a minute.

All they're doing is playing Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to his own book of rules."

Anyone can see how blatantly phony the left-wing Democrats are.

Benjamin Franklin warned.
In this form of government, the power is held by the people and elected representatives are required to help all people, not just a few. To further guard against tyranny, our Founders also established three coequal branches of government.
“A republic, if you can keep it,”

The US is not, nor has it ever been a "democracy."

It was at one time a constitutional republic, but now it's just a republic with a lot of bananas.
Did you miss that the claim you’re making was a trope first spewed by the John Birch Society?

Did you miss that the claim you’re making was a trope first spewed by the John Birch Society?

I like the JBS. Any organization that hates communists like yourself, can't be all that bad.

Benjamin Franklin warned.
In this form of government, the power is held by the people and elected representatives are required to help all people, not just a few. To further guard against tyranny, our Founders also established three coequal branches of government.
“A republic, if you can keep it,”
“Republic” as In representative democracy

We’ll they were… all bad.

So I take it you've never been to a JBS meeting? I have.

You fake patriots go on about how much of a bunch of "Yankee Doodle Dandies" you are, but that's nothing but phony kabuki theaters. The JBS was founded by a real patriot who was a courageous Baptist missionary and a US Army Air Forces military Intelligence Captain and OSS agent, whom the communist Chinese murdered.

Meanwhile, you fly a Ukrainian flag for an avatar as a purely symbolic representation of your hatred for another communist regime. But other than that, what have you done to support Ukraine, besides nothing? You also support a US presidential administration that's been infiltrated through and through by the CHICOMS.

Patriot, my ass.

They're phonies.

All that fake kabuki theater about how "patriotic" they are? I never bought it for a minute.

All they're doing is playing Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to his own book of rules."

Anyone can see how blatantly phony the left-wing Democrats are.
See post #22.

The present debate about the independent state legislature theory—a disingenuous interpretation of constitutional clauses that would grant state legislatures tremendous power to defy state courts and even ignore the states’ popular votes in presidential elections—is in large part a question of how much power the demos should have in our democracy. Recent years have seen no shortage of similar democracy-limiting ideas, rulings, laws, and proposals, such as the Supreme Court’s 2013 Shelby County decision, which opened the door to unnecessarily restrictive voting laws, and 2019 Rucho decision, which made partisan gerrymandering nonjusticiable.

Consider also the longstanding trope that “the United States is a republic, not a democracy”—a truism that conservative politicians and writers, perhaps forgetting that it was once the slogan of the ultra-right John Birch Society and associated with opposition to civil rights, have for decades routinely deployed as if it were a decisive rebuttal to anyone who argues that perhaps a bit more power in our political system should be put in the hands of the people.

Based on this understanding, elected officials prop up the parts of our system of government that make it easier for them to obtain and hold onto power while also making it difficult for the people to hold them culpable for unprincipled or incongruous actions. Without sufficient accountability, legislative bodies can disregard the expressed democratic will whenever they deem the people unfit to decide for themselves.

This is a stunningly prescient concern for the damage entities like Faux can do to the public square.

I thought this was a fascinating piece. It's now up for discussion, which, I hope we can keep out of the gutter.
You would have to throw all democrats out to sea.

Forum List

Back