Tik Tok Creator Say's She's Sick Of Everything Being Dictated By What White People Think & Feel

"White people only relate black people to their struggle."

Gee, I wonder why?

Could it be that the media constantly talks about black people in those terms?

Could it be that the media attacks black conservatives/Republicans as traitors to their race, instead of attempting to dispute their positions and policies?

"White people only relate black people to their struggle."

Gee, I wonder why?

Could it be that the media constantly talks about black people in those terms?

Could it be that the media attacks black conservatives/Republicans as traitors to their race, instead of attempting to dispute their positions and policies?
What are your thoughts as to why?

What are your thoughts as to why?
Well, first of all, I have no evidence that it is true that white people only see black people in terms of their struggle. We understand the past struggles that the black community went through, but we don't think of every black person we meet or see in public life as either a fighter in the struggle, or a traiter to it.

How would that lady be the expert on how white people think, any more than I would be the expert on how black people think?

I was talking about how the media wants us to think. That's why the media chooses to only give air time to blacks who talk about the struggle. Blacks they consider traitors, they either just talk about or only have on to be argued down, usually by both a guest to counter them and the host or hosts. Blacks seen as fighting in "the struggle" are given air time with no opposition and nothing but friendly, open-ended questions.

Well, first of all, I have no evidence that it is true that white people only see black people in terms of their struggle. We understand the past struggles that the black community went through, but we don't think of every black person we meet or see in public life as either a fighter in the struggle, or a traiter to it.

How would that lady be the expert on how white people think, any more than I would be the expert on how black people think?

I was talking about how the media wants us to think. That's why the media chooses to only give air time to blacks who talk about the struggle. Blacks they consider traitors, they either just talk about or only have on to be argued down, usually by both a guest to counter them and the host or hosts. Blacks seen as fighting in "the struggle" are given air time with no opposition and nothing but friendly, open-ended questions.
Many blacks wear the "struggle" like a crown of thorns.

No "evidence" you say?!?!?
oprah-oprah-winfrey.gif

It doesn't matter. She doesn't own tik tok and her race based bitching isn't going to change national security concerns.

White majority countries are the richest in the world so from a capitalist viewpoint you would expect things to be marketed to the richest people since that's where the possibility for the largest profits are. However, when you look at how things are actually marketed that's not what you see. Advertisements today are filled with mixed race couples, not White couples. Nonwhites are hugely overrepresented in commercials. Movie studios go out of their way to include nonwhites in their movies. Netflix had a show called Queen Charlotte which had a back actress playing King George III's wife, for example. There was a Supergirl TV show where Jimmy Olsen was played by a black chad a new White dork character was introduced. Black Jimmy Olsen isn't the only traditionally White character that has been made diverse. The latest Dr. Who is black, for example. This isn't what marketing to White people looks like.

My question to the usual suspects on here is, does she have a point here?

I mean, after listening to her entire statement, is she wrong on anything?

If so, what specifically?

Take a look, more importantly a listen...

It's a black thing so I guess I don't understand. After all, we whites are all devil oppressors and all that so apparently I am neither capable or wanting to understand.

Forum List

Back