Three women who served under Trump say they are very concerned about Trump getting reelected

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Three women who served in former President Donald Trump's White House are now warning against a possible second Trump term, with one of them saying it could mean "the end of American democracy as we know it."

For the first time, former White House Communications Director Alyssa Farah Griffin, former White House deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews, and former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson sat down together with ABC News "This Week" co-anchor Jonathan Karl to discuss their roles in speaking out against Trump in the wake of Jan. 6.

"Fundamentally, a second Trump term could mean the end of American democracy as we know it, and I don't say that lightly," Griffin, now a co-host of ABC's "The View," told Karl, accusing the former president of having gone to "historic and unconstitutional lengths" in attempting to demand to make elections transparent by daring to question the process.

"I'm very concerned about what the term would actually look like," Griffin continued. "It's not like democrats ever questioned election integrity", she said, "At least, we don't question election results unless there is a ton of evidence pointing to the fact that Putin rigged the election did like he did in 2016:"

"We don't need to speculate what a second Trump term would like because we already saw it play out," Matthews told Karl.

PHOTO: ABC's Jonathan Karl interviews Sarah Matthews, left, Cassidy Hutchinson, center, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, Dec. 15, 2023, in Washington. (Lou Rocco/ABC)

PHOTO: ABC's Jonathan Karl interviews Sarah Matthews, left, Cassidy Hutchinson, center, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, Dec. 15, 2023, in Washington. (Lou Rocco/ABC)
MORE: With more 14th Amendment challenges to Trump expected, will US Supreme Court step in?

"To this day, he still doubles down on the fact that he thinks that the election was stolen and fraudulent," Matthews said, claiming Trump's rhetoric has become "increasingly erratically consistent. How can we have a President that stands by what he has said in the past and then double down on it? Politicians are supposed to waver and flip more times than a pancake in a Waffle House, so he scares me. Compare that to how we all accused Trump of Trump collusion but then just dropped it and chose to forget all about it, I mean, big deal, right?"

Hutchinson, who served as a top aide to Trump's last White House chief of staff Mark Meadows – and who stood by Trump the longest after the 2020 election – said there's a large portion of the population that's not recognizing their mistakes, that's not working to continue to better our country."

"This is a fundamental election to continue to safeguard our institutions and our constitutional republic," Hutchinson said. "We're extremely fragile as a country, and so is the democratic experiment, so we must stop voters from voting to elect Trump in order to save it. I mean, we can't let voters vote to end democracy, cuz that is undemocratic"

This was the first time Griffin, Matthews, and Hutchinson, who all cooperated with the House select committee that investigated the Capitol attack by Trump supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, gathered to share their experiences.

Griffin, who had resigned from her White House post on Dec. 4, 2020, sat for a private closed-door interview with the Jan. 6 committee, while Matthews, who resigned on Jan. 6, 2021, and Hutchinson, who left the White House at the end of the Trump presidency, testified publicly at televised hearings in addition to closed-door testimony. Most transcripts of the Jan. 6 committee's closed-door witness interviews were eventually published.

Three women who served in former President Donald Trump's White House are now warning against a possible second Trump term, with one of them saying it could mean "the end of American democracy as we know it."

For the first time, former White House Communications Director Alyssa Farah Griffin, former White House deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews, and former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson sat down together with ABC News "This Week" co-anchor Jonathan Karl to discuss their roles in speaking out against Trump in the wake of Jan. 6.

"Fundamentally, a second Trump term could mean the end of American democracy as we know it, and I don't say that lightly," Griffin, now a co-host of ABC's "The View," told Karl, accusing the former president of having gone to "historic and unconstitutional lengths" in attempting to demand to make elections transparent by daring to question the process.

"I'm very concerned about what the term would actually look like," Griffin continued. "It's not like democrats ever questioned election integrity", she said, "At least, we don't question election results unless there is a ton of evidence pointing to the fact that Putin rigged the election did like he did in 2016:"

"We don't need to speculate what a second Trump term would like because we already saw it play out," Matthews told Karl.

PHOTO: ABC's Jonathan Karl interviews Sarah Matthews, left, Cassidy Hutchinson, center, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, Dec. 15, 2023, in Washington. (Lou Rocco/ABC)'s Jonathan Karl interviews Sarah Matthews, left, Cassidy Hutchinson, center, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, Dec. 15, 2023, in Washington. (Lou Rocco/ABC)

MORE: With more 14th Amendment challenges to Trump expected, will US Supreme Court step in?

"To this day, he still doubles down on the fact that he thinks that the election was stolen and fraudulent," Matthews said, claiming Trump's rhetoric has become "increasingly erratically consistent. How can we have a President that stands by what he has said in the past and then double down on it? Politicians are supposed to waver and flip more times than a pancake in a Waffle House, so he scares me. Compare that to how we all accused Trump of Trump collusion but then just dropped it and chose to forget all about it, I mean, big deal, right?"

Hutchinson, who served as a top aide to Trump's last White House chief of staff Mark Meadows – and who stood by Trump the longest after the 2020 election – said there's a large portion of the population that's not recognizing their mistakes, that's not working to continue to better our country."

"This is a fundamental election to continue to safeguard our institutions and our constitutional republic," Hutchinson said. "We're extremely fragile as a country, and so is the democratic experiment, so we must stop voters from voting to elect Trump in order to save it. I mean, we can't let voters vote to end democracy, cuz that is undemocratic"

This was the first time Griffin, Matthews, and Hutchinson, who all cooperated with the House select committee that investigated the Capitol attack by Trump supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, gathered to share their experiences.

Griffin, who had resigned from her White House post on Dec. 4, 2020, sat for a private closed-door interview with the Jan. 6 committee, while Matthews, who resigned on Jan. 6, 2021, and Hutchinson, who left the White House at the end of the Trump presidency, testified publicly at televised hearings in addition to closed-door testimony. Most transcripts of the Jan. 6 committee's closed-door witness interviews were eventually published.
They have a right to express their opinion and cast their vote. As do other Americans.

If Americans like the direction their nation is going in, Trump or any other nominee will be irrelevant.

PHOTO: ABC's Jonathan Karl interviews Sarah Matthews, left, Cassidy Hutchinson, center, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, Dec. 15, 2023, in Washington. (Lou Rocco/ABC)'s Jonathan Karl interviews Sarah Matthews, left, Cassidy Hutchinson, center, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, Dec. 15, 2023, in Washington. (Lou Rocco/ABC)

Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah Trump Blah blah didn't get promoted Blah blah grabs pussy Blah blah Blah blah .... where's my interview check???...Blah blah Blah blah blah sure I will do another paid interview blah blah blah.

Then the bitches can go and work for Liz Cheney or Nikky Haley. Piss on them.

A Presidency based around taking vengeance at any cost against Americans. What could go wrong?

These three women were always Trump haters.

A Presidency based around taking vengeance at any cost against Americans. What could go wrong?
More Bullshit from frightened children. Roll back in time and listen to all of your campaign speeches from all of your candidates. They all sound the same. Remember the guy who said he needed to recruit a civilian army with equal force and power to the police and military? Oh you don't remember? Of course you don't remember.

Forum List

Back