Three active duty marines charged in J6 Capitol attack

What's crazy is ruining the careers of three very young Marines for political vengeance. Our country is screwed.

Does it ever even occur to you - on any level - that these people aren't terrorists and thugs and that they were acting on their genuinely held belief that 2020 was rigged? I'm not saying I expect you to agree with them.
I find it morbidly fascinating how folks like yourself can be so self righteous that they can't even imagine their neighbors having different beliefs. Here's the thing... they have just as much right to their beliefs as YOU do. Keep pushing them long enough and you're apt to see what a REAL insurrection looks like. Not some half-assed, weapons-free riot. Keep pushing and we're quite likely to see the real deal.

I think destroying the lives of 3 young Marines for political vengeance is not what America is about.

It's readily obvious that neither of you has actually served in the military.

Why do I say that? Because I actually served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy, and know that there are rules that all military must abide by.

Did you know that you are NOT allowed to go to any kind of public rally or demonstration that is being held without the approval of your Public Affairs Officer? And, there are certain guidelines that you must follow while there? The military doesn't want any of it's members attending any kind of rally/demonstration that could possibly bring discredit on it, and if it's something that neither the government nor the military support, you cannot go.

Did you also know that you cannot show support for a specific candidate by attending their rallies or canvassing for them while in uniform? Why? Because then those who are part of the civilian community might interpret it as that particular branch (the branch of the person wearing the uniform) supporting that particular candidate. Yes, you are allowed to attend political rallies (gotta clear it with your PAO first though), but you can only do so while wearing civilian clothes. Wearing a uniform there is a strict no-no.

And yeah, I know, it sounds like the 1st Amendment rights of those serving in the military are being restricted. Well..........yeah, as long as you are under contract to the military, you are not allowed to do or say anything publicly that may bring discredit upon your branch of service, or the military as a whole. Not only that, but because you are seen as a direct representative of the military by the public at large, you cannot show support for a particular candidate or issue by displaying your service to do so.

But don't worry, you get your rights to go to protests and demonstrations whenever and for whatever reason you want as soon as you are no longer attached to the military.

What's crazy is ruining the careers of three very young Marines for political vengeance. Our country is screwed.
Any soldier, or anyone for that matter, that breaks the law needs to pay a price. What that price would be should depend on many factors unique to that person.

We'll see how the 3 Marines are ultimately punished. My guess is they will be get far worse than the deserter Bowe Bergdahl got because the military like everything else connected with the government has been weaponized by the Democrats.

We'll see how the 3 Marines are ultimately punished. My guess is they will be get far worse than the deserter Bowe Bergdahl got because the military like everything else connected with the government has been weaponized by the Democrats.

Interesting thing about that, particularly in the case of the Marines as opposed to Bergdahl. Bergdahl only broke military law by deserting, and was only punished by military authority. Those 3 Marines? Not only did they break civilian law (trespassing for one), but they ALSO broke military law by attending a function that was not approved for them to go to. I know that civilians cannot stand trial 2 times for the same crime (double jeopardy), but the military is completely different. You can be punished by the civilian courts for whatever crime you did, and then, after the civilian courts are done with you, you get to be disciplined under military law for whatever you did. (Or vice versa, depends on who gets to you first). In the military, there IS such a thing as double jeopardy. These Marines will go to civilian court for whatever laws they broke, then, they will stand in front of military justice for going against the UCMJ for the same crimes.

I knew of a guy in my old squadron who went home and partied too much, got a DUI, and was late coming back to the command (he spent a couple of days in jail). Not only did the civilian courts punish him (he got a fine and some other stuff), but when he got back, he was taken to Captain's Mast for the same thing and was given ANOTHER fine (1/2 months pay for 2 months), and was also given a suspended bust and extra duty for 15 days. He got nailed twice for the same crime.

Last edited:
Interesting thing about that, particularly in the case of the Marines as opposed to Bergdahl. Bergdahl only broke military law by deserting, and was only punished by military authority. Those 3 Marines? Not only did they break civilian law (trespassing for one), but they ALSO broke military law by attending a function that was not approved for them to go to. I know that civilians cannot stand trial 2 times for the same crime (double jeopardy), but the military is completely different. You can be punished by the civilian courts for whatever crime you did, and then, after the civilian courts are done with you, you get to be disciplined under military law for whatever you did. (Or vice versa, depends on who gets to you first). In the military, there IS such a thing as double jeopardy. These Marines will go to civilian court for whatever laws they broke, then, they will stand in front of military justice for going against the UCMJ for the same crimes.

I knew of a guy in my old squadron who went home and partied too much, got a DUI, and was late coming back to the command (he spent a couple of days in jail). Not only did the civilian courts punish him (he got a fine and some other stuff), but when he got back, he was taken to Captain's Mast for the same thing and was given ANOTHER fine (1/2 months pay for 2 months), and was also given a suspended bust and extra duty for 15 days. He got nailed twice for the same crime.
If recent history is any indication, those young Marines lives will be ruined by a ravenous Democratic Party. Bergdahl got a slap on the wrist for deserting and going over to the enemy. Then Obama traded 5 Gitmo terrorists for his sorry ass. It's nice to be liked by the Democrats and it's hell to be in their crosshairs. Ain't America great?

Forum List

Back