Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"Who was the hardest hitting puncher in boxing's heavyweight history?"

This probably boils down to George Foreman, Mike Tyson, or Joe Frazier. Rocky Marciano hit hard but his knockouts usually came from a flurry of hard strikes. For sheer one punch knockout power my choice would be Mike Tyson. If he had stayed on the straight and narrow and kept his original cornermen and trainers onboard, I believe he would have never lost. He used to knock out fighters sending them into a different world. One of the strangest and funniest knockouts by Tyson was when he won the title KOing Trevor Berbick. Just watch how Berbick tries to recover from Tyson's blast.

More devestating was George Foreman demolishing Joe Frazier for the title:

But for most knockouts in ridiculous fashion goes to Iron Mike:

This probably boils down to George Foreman, Mike Tyson, or Joe Frazier. Rocky Marciano hit hard but his knockouts usually came from a flurry of hard strikes. For sheer one punch knockout power my choice would be Mike Tyson. If he had stayed on the straight and narrow and kept his original cornermen and trainers onboard, I believe he would have never lost. He used to knock out fighters sending them into a different world. One of the strangest and funniest knockouts by Tyson was when he won the title KOing Trevor Berbick. Just watch how Berbick tries to recover from Tyson's blast.

Jack Dempsey, the long count. The Dempsey Dumpster was named for him.

Oh yea...the Firpo fight comes to mind:
1619615628338.png

Oh yea...the Firpo fight comes to mind:
View attachment 484819

I didn't weigh enough to box heavyweight but boxed middleweight and know boxing tricks. I didn't mean to step on your foot, etc. Watch out he's a boxer..

Last edited:
One of my favorite stories was about Earnie Shavers, one of the hardest punchers of his day.

In casting Rocky III, Stallone wanted to cast a real boxer in the Clubber Lang role. He auditioned Shavers and did some time dry running the scenes In the ring. Shavers hit him on the elbow and drove it into his ribs, breaking one.

1619619348951.jpeg

The role went to Mr T

Cory Sanders had the most devastating and quick left hand I’ve ever seen. He would have been right up there with guys like Holyfield and Lennox Lewis if he took his training more serious.

Wilder has the most powerful right hand I’ve ever seen.

Seen a film of Liston vs Big Cat Williams . Liston hit him a solid punch on the Jaw Blood went every where and Jaw had to be broken. Williams still standing landed a couple of hard shots of his own. Two of the toughest hard hitters in boxing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back