Could Ali have resisted Dempsey?

bullshit, Robinson used basically classic American manner and never acted so ignominiously in the ring.
bullshit, Robinson used basically classic American manner and never acted so ignominiously in the ring.

Robinson was a boxer/puncher, Alis style in the early part of his career revolved around his foot speed and ability to avoid punches.

Studying another fighters technique is not the same as attempting to copy them.

Robinson was a boxer/puncher, Alis style in the early part of his career revolved around his foot speed and ability to avoid punches.
There was no special speed and ability to avoid blows. Roy Jones had it all. Ali was clumsy and his head was beaten off. And his style was British

Studying another fighters technique is not the same as attempting to copy them.
Although he backed up a lot, I have heard that he was called the pioneer of shame boxing. In this sense, Ali inherits him, but hardly in manner and technique.

There was no special speed and ability to avoid blows. Roy Jones had it all. Ali was clumsy and his head was beaten off. And his style was British

Not a single opponent or actual observer of Ali's fights or a person with any knowledge of the sport would make such a ridiculous statement.

As far as Roy Jones? I dont know what planet you reside on, but when his foot speed began to deteriorate, he could not reinvent himself and started getting knocked out by mediocre opponents.

Ali was NEVER counted out in a twenty year career.

There is no sensible way to compare the two.

Although he backed up a lot, I have heard that he was called the pioneer of shame boxing. In this sense, Ali inherits him, but hardly in manner and technique.
And where did you "hear" that?

Provide a credible source for your statements.

famouse phantom punch?
That was a legitimate knockout

If you look on slow motion replay, Ali hits him right on the temple.
That shot will scramble your brain …..as you could see Liston was unable to recover his senses

That was a legitimate knockout

If you look on slow motion replay, Ali hits him right on the temple.
That shot will scramble your brain …..as you could see Liston was unable to recover his senses
Also, when you watch the fight in slow motion, after Ali lands the punch, Listons back leg lifts off of the canvas. The impact of it threw off his equilibrium.

Not a single opponent or actual observer of Ali's fights or a person with any knowledge of the sport would make such a ridiculous statement.

As far as Roy Jones? I dont know what planet you reside on, but when his foot speed began to deteriorate, he could not reinvent himself and started getting knocked out by mediocre opponents.

Ali was NEVER counted out in a twenty year career.

There is no sensible way to compare the two.
I have no idea, I do not see any special speed there, besides, he was not plastic and coordinated enough, he looks like a dog on ice.

I am not a professional boxer and I do not think that I have brilliant data, but my legs are an order of magnitude better than Ali's legs.

And where did you "hear" that?

Provide a credible source for your statements.
I don’t remember where I read that he was the first to avoid exchanges and often break the distance, and at the same time he was not thrown rotten eggs for cowardly boxing, as was the case before.

I don’t remember where I read that he was the first to avoid exchanges and often break the distance, and at the same time he was not thrown rotten eggs for cowardly boxing, as was the case before.
The ability to land punches and avoid being hit in return is not "cowardly boxing".

Henry Cooper actually knocks out Ali in the fourth round but Ali recovers. But it shows Ali's weakness in his style. He is vulnerable to the left hook.

Last edited:
I have no idea, I do not see any special speed there, besides, he was not plastic and coordinated enough, he looks like a dog on ice.

I am not a professional boxer and I do not think that I have brilliant data, but my legs are an order of magnitude better than Ali's legs.

It is understandable that everyone is not an Ali fan, however there is no denying that he was possibly the fastest heavyweight in history.

All one has to do is watch his films, and read the opinions of credible boxing professionals, most notably his former opponents to know this.

The ability to land punches and avoid being hit in return is not "cowardly boxing".
Depends in what manner. If it's just maneuvers, then that's fine, but if they're just constantly running backwards, it looks shameful.

By the way, how to replace the word "cowardice" in English? A completely idiotic word, a cow is very brave, and a bull never retreats in battle at all. It's some kind of schizophrenia

It is understandable that everyone is not an Ali fan, however there is no denying that he was possibly the fastest heavyweight in history.

All one has to do is watch his films, and read the opinions of credible boxing professionals, most notably his former opponents to know this.
It's ridiculous. Firstly, there was no speed above average at all, and secondly, he was clumsy like a hippopotamus

It was precisely for this style that the Klitschko brothers were disliked. They constantly tied up opponents, stepped back, throwing a jab, and avoided exchanges in every possible way.
This was very boring and shamful boxing

This is not used in more realistic sports. Thai boxers generally avoided clinches because they got kneed or twisted.

In general, speed is a very valuable quality of a boxer, and it is manifested not only in the footwork, but also in the panch. Speed always implies explosive power, and this automatically implies a very high-quality punch. In fact, a fast boxer can't be a bad puncher if it's really muscular speed. Passive boxers usually use viscosity rather than speed.

It's ridiculous. Firstly, there was no speed above average at all, and secondly, he was clumsy like a hippopotamus

If you can find a single boxing expert who shares that opinion and you post it, I will respond to it.

That aside, this is your personal opinion that is not shared by any professional fighter, professional trainer, magazine publisher, or promoter past or present that I have ever heard of.

If you can find a single boxing expert who shares that opinion and you post it, I will respond to it.

That aside, this is your personal opinion that is not shared by any professional fighter, professional trainer, magazine publisher, or promoter past or present that I have ever heard of.
"experts" are just political scumers. Go with Ali-style on street and you will understand the price of this

Forum List

Back